It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zeitgeist Debunked In 10 Minutes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
As the title claims, this video debunks Zeitgeist in ten minutes. It is the sixth part of an eight part series, but only this one goes into detail about Zeitgeist. In this video you will learn that the maker of Zeitgeist and the author of the book from which it draws most of its information, have very little knowledge of world religions. Having such blatantly false info about Christ does a great disservice to the factual information in the movie.
www.youtube.com...

Also for anyone wanting to watch the whole thing, here's a link to the first video.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Only one problem here - the video you have posted for debunking Zeitgeist has conflated the issues, regarding the eastern traditions with those which of the western traditions the pharos.

Disputing the Egyptian Gods resurrection mythology is plain ridiculous, further, claiming that the date December 25th has no relevance to the Christian religion caused me to simply fall of my chair.

In continuing the debunking of the Egyptian link is the quote than no hellenistic religion believes in reincarnation - unfortunately HELLENISTIC RELIGION IS GREEK - wow - bit of a screw up there hey.

We then have a quote directing us to the fact that there were no resurection myths in paganism until after the second century AD - considering Paganism pre-dates Christianity be well, thousands of years, and has no recorded history this is just blatantly absurd.

What is even more absurd is that quotes regarding the historical narrative of Christianity being debunked by atheists is then used as though they were referencing paganism - this is little better than lying as I HAVE PERSONALLY READ THOSE BOOKS !

Worst debunk ever. Seriously bad work.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sword_of_Truth

Nobody on this site should need a video to debunk, Zeitgiest is flawed within itself.

The part that asks for peoples money should be enough when it comes to Zeitgiest.

How easy is it too fool people these days.

At least the people behind it have managed to give us all the missing part of the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true....it usually is"

Missing part now included "If it sounds to good to be true....it usually is or it costs an absolute fortune of your cash"

[edit on 6-5-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
Only one problem here - the video you have posted for debunking Zeitgeist has conflated the issues, regarding the eastern traditions with those which of the western traditions the pharos.

Disputing the Egyptian Gods resurrection mythology is plain ridiculous, further, claiming that the date December 25th has no relevance to the Christian religion caused me to simply fall of my chair.

In continuing the debunking of the Egyptian link is the quote than no hellenistic religion believes in reincarnation - unfortunately HELLENISTIC RELIGION IS GREEK - wow - bit of a screw up there hey.

We then have a quote directing us to the fact that there were no resurection myths in paganism until after the second century AD - considering Paganism pre-dates Christianity be well, thousands of years, and has no recorded history this is just blatantly absurd.

What is even more absurd is that quotes regarding the historical narrative of Christianity being debunked by atheists is then used as though they were referencing paganism - this is little better than lying as I HAVE PERSONALLY READ THOSE BOOKS !

You obviously know nothing about true Christianity.
Although most Christians celebrate December 25 as the birthday of Jesus Christ, no one in the first two Christian centuries claimed any knowledge of the exact day or year in which he was born, most were more interested in the story of his death. However, early in the 4th century, church leaders designated 25th December, the birthday of the popular pagan god Mithras, as Jesus’ official birth date. The celebration of the birth of Christ also took over the pagan winter solstice holiday that also fell in late December. From thereon, 25th December was to be observed by Christians at a holy Mass, or Christ’s Mass. Today, one-third of the world’s population celebrates the birth of Jesus on this day.
Jeremiah 10:3-5, we read the following, "For the customs of the people are vain: for it is but a tree which one cutteth out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not, ... neither ... is it in them to do good."
Pope Gregory The First around 600 A.D., specifically instructed Augustine, the Archbishop of Cantebury, to adapt existing local religious (pagan or otherwise) customs and practices to Christian usage in order to help propagate the faith.
Jesus was not born in December as the Bible evidence tells, but it is more likely that he was born sometime in the fall, however nobody really knows when he was born. Bible scholars do agree, however, that he was not born in the winter. So, Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus, and has everything to do with honoring an ancient pagan sun god.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by peaceonearth]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sword_of_Truth

C'mon now. Time to evolve. out of the mud called religion.

Really, truly evolve and you will see beyond the control of your mind, body and soul that religion restricts of your own being.

It bugs me religion runs peoples lives for them. Why can't you see that?

wZn

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow

It bugs me religion runs peoples lives for them. Why can't you see that?

wZn

yes, instead, lets put all our faith in a few movies released on the web!!!

gimme a break, religion doesn't tell most religious people how to live their lives, it gives them a frame of reference. if it wasn't religion, it'd be something else.

to believe your frame of reference is any better than anyone else's is more than a little egotistical, why can't you see that?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I was given a burnt copy of Zeitgeist and burnt many copies and gave them away to anyone I thought would appreciate the (free) information in it. They all did.

That was about 50 copies ago. Your math implies Peter Joesph does this for money right? Can you tell me how much money he made from 50+ people that got it for free? I don't see your logic.

I think we should all be careful with 'blanket statements'. This can become a major problem in deciphering the truth in those things.

wZn

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

if it wasn't religion, it'd be something else.

yeah it would be freedom

I'm sorry if I seem egotistical - I'm constantly on the lookout for that. thanks for the heads up.

wZn

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by peaceonearth

Originally posted by audas

You obviously know nothing about true Christianity.
Although most Christians celebrate December 25 as the birthday of Jesus Christ, no one in the first two Christian centuries claimed any knowledge of the exact day or year in which he was born, most were more interested in the story of his death. However, early in the 4th century, church leaders designated 25th December, the birthday of the popular pagan god Mithras, as Jesus’ official birth date. The celebration of the birth of Christ also took over the pagan winter solstice holiday that also fell in late December. From thereon, 25th December was to be observed by Christians at a holy Mass, or Christ’s Mass. Today, one-third of the world’s population celebrates the birth of Jesus on this day.
Jeremiah 10:3-5, we read the following, "For the customs of the people are vain: for it is but a tree which one cutteth out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman with the axe. They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not, ... neither ... is it in them to do good."
Pope Gregory The First around 600 A.D., specifically instructed Augustine, the Archbishop of Cantebury, to adapt existing local religious (pagan or otherwise) customs and practices to Christian usage in order to help propagate the faith.
Jesus was not born in December as the Bible evidence tells, but it is more likely that he was born sometime in the fall, however nobody really knows when he was born. Bible scholars do agree, however, that he was not born in the winter. So, Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus, and has everything to do with honoring an ancient pagan sun god.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by peaceonearth]

Except for the fact that it was the Emperor Constantine who made the "one" religion of Rome - further Jesus never existed at all - there ii not a single piece of evidence - thems the facts.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
The bottom line is that it doesnt matter if he existed or not, if he's the son of the living God or not, if he performed miracles or not. What does matter is the message being said. There is no flaw in the words. Beware of wolves dressed in sheep's clothing. Religion is the cancer of this world and has been the cause of more deaths then anything else.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Grossac]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grossac
The bottom line is that it doesnt matter if he existed or not, if he's the son of the living God or not, if he performed miracles or not. What does matter is the message being said. There is no flaw in the words. Beware of wolves dressed in sheep's clothing. Religion is the cancer of this world and has been the cause of more deaths then anything else.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Grossac]

Not sure what your saying here, bit of this, bit of that, bit of over there.....i think your saying its a good message but its evil -

not such a good message really

www.evilbible.com...

Heres a good one about riutal human sacrifice - wait infanticide - wait your won family - waaaay to go bible good message for the kids....

"Take your son, your only son – yes, Isaac, whom you love so much – and go to the land of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains, which I will point out to you." (Genesis 22:1-18)

wait - God said go and murder your won son by burnng him to death to make me feel better ---

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

I prefer the large hadron collider.....

[edit on 6-5-2009 by audas]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
gimme a break, religion doesn't tell most religious people how to live their lives, it gives them a frame of reference. if it wasn't religion, it'd be something else.

Oh ya maybe something that didn't hold back or hinder humanity. Would of been nice.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm saying it doesnt matter if Jesus lived or not but his message is good. Nothing he said or supposidly said is bad... One commandment and it's love one another

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I'm saying it doesnt matter if Jesus lived or not but his message is good. Nothing he said or supposidly said is bad... One commandment and it's love one another

Tell me how do you know whats in the bible is actually Jesus's true words?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

No - dont think thats true either : for example Jesus inciting families to hatred, brothers to be murderous

“Brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death." Matthew 10:21

More jesus murder

He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.” Matthew 15:4-7

Things that Jesus said - well that Matthew said that jesus said, becuase jesus never existed so this is just some stuff Matty boy made up and blamed some dude that never was - which makes matty boy a prety sick ole pup !

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchZEITGEISTnow
reply to post by XXXN3O

I was given a burnt copy of Zeitgeist and burnt many copies and gave them away to anyone I thought would appreciate the (free) information in it. They all did.

That was about 50 copies ago. Your math implies Peter Joesph does this for money right? Can you tell me how much money he made from 50+ people that got it for free? I don't see your logic.

I think we should all be careful with 'blanket statements'. This can become a major problem in deciphering the truth in those things.

wZn

You have taken me entirely out of context.

I am not implying that the Zeitgiest DVD was created to cash in. I am saying that the actual purpose of Zeitgiest is a con once you get through the whole speel about how everything we were taught is a lie etc.
If you have watched the DVD as I have, you have surely viewed the part that speaks about creating a new society free from money etc?
They specifically ask for members of the current society to put their cash towards the project and join.

How can we create a new society where everything is self sustained when it is created from the old societies cash based incentives?

That is like saying I can take a used car and make a brand new model using no new parts.

Its a farce.

Lets suspend rational thought for a second here and say that Zeitgiest is the way forward, even if Zeitgiest's objective was possible, do you really think that a society that would be in complete conflict with the rest of the world would be free from being deemed a severe threat to the current way of life?

Then what? Make bombs for free to defend the new society and when we run out of materials etc. Call in the banks

I give up with some.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Mtheory

I dont know that. What I'm saying is what he supposidly said is a good message. Be it in the bible or not. It's a good message. If he did exist and would be around today, he would probably do the same thing to today's religion as he did back then. He did not like the religion back then. He called it a den of thieves, vipers.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Remember asbestos, for years we thought it was fine, keeping us warm and sheltered. Protecting us, but then we realized it was actually very harmful and has caused a lot of hurt to ppl and death. Just sayin is all. strange how that just came to mind

[edit on 6-5-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

reply to post by Mtheory

I dont know that. What I'm saying is what he supposidly said is a good message. Be it in the bible or not. It's a good message. If he did exist and would be around today, he would probably do the same thing to today's religion as he did back then. He did not like the religion back then. He called it a den of thieves, vipers.

Okay here's what I believe. Jesus Christ never existed and was only a reshaping of the truth, a man named Jesus did exist who preached against religion and is most famous for some of the finer sides of himself in the bible. Again reshaping the truth.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Here is what I believe. I know the difference between right and wrong. I think most people do. I'm not perfect and when I do something wrong, I have remorse. I will never go to war for any country including my own. I will not be pushed into defending my country because I know that killing is wrong. Again, everything gets complicated out of the simplest of things. Love on another. That includes your enemies. I will not be brainwashed (even though I probably am without knowing it) by any religion, government or secret society. Have tolerence. I know I will never die. My spirit will move on. Knowing that, I dont cry at funerals, I dont stress about the news or any upcoming calamities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join