It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News caught repeatedly cropping, manipulating video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Wuh-oh! Looks like CNN might have it out for you left-wingers, too.

link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnderIn my opinion, I don't think they should be allowed to crop it.

Oh, so you want the government to tell then what they can and can't do? Reeeeeaaaally...I find that to be abridging free speech...but I don't know. Maybe a new Supreme Court Justice will see it your way

link   
reply to: AmericanDaughter

So a separate bill, not HR1388, has been introduced. This bill, if passed, will establish a committee that will discuss, among other things, the merits and flaws of mandatory service. Isn't there already a mandatory service requirement for high school students? I know the kids next door to me had to do like 10 hours of something and have a form signed off to say they did it. Almost anything counted for it, though. They actually did some work for me for some of it.

That sounds like a logical reason for everyone to go posting in all caps, all over the internet, that Obama is requiring 100 house of mandatory service from every student in America. Or that it has anything to do with HR1388.

This is usually the best evidence that anyone is able to come up with. A lot of people are spreading rumors as fact lately.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by suicydking]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by suicydking]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
And another video with both MSNBC and CNN. Not quite the same, because it was probably only one person responsible, but then again, the edits in the previous videos were also probably only one person's responsibility. However, I did find it interesting, just for the sake of bringing it up:

edit: After looking up the MSNBC thing, I can't find mention of it anywhere, and may have come off the Daily Show, idk really. Just attempting to provide transparency.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Highground]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I would consider refusing to report things about the current president that are detrimental to the country, damming to him, and worth researching should be of more concern.

Wow some people have short memories! Wouldn't you say Fox were more guilty than anyone of that kind of behaviour when Bush was president?

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Im glad there are people like me and you around to at least keep things as objective as possible!

Hahaha fun-eeeeeee.....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
my viewpoint is that media in general edit video to put across a message that is not always the message originally conveyed.

Yet Fox is the only one being called out.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Most media stations do such edits
msnbc is not your friend right now
CNN was horrible lately too
Fox Does edits too

Out of it all though, only Fox spreads racism

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Contrary to what many people believe on ATS war does not make money for a country like ours. It is an expense. How much money have we made off of the Iraq war or WW2 or any war?

No, war creates profit for the world central bank. In the case of America that is done through their subsidiary arm known as the federal reserve bank, who will loan the money to fight the war. When it is over you and I will pay the debt. Doesn't matter whether the goals of the war were achieved, or even if there were any real goals or if they were merely propaganda goals to sell the war. ALL MSM use tactfull editing to sway public opinion one way or the other in the example of war. An example not of war is simply to keep us divided, fighting a he said she said battle of the false political ideologies of a single party, which are convieniently provided for us, and delivered through the very MSM that we fight about.

I am glad someone called it out, but do not think that CNN or NBC or whoever are any less guilty of "creative" editing. You will NEVER get unbiased reporting from the MSM, much less the truth.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Fox Does edits too

How does fox news spread rascim? Thats a pretty rough word to throw around these days thats like in the 60s being called a Commie Pinko. Do elaborate oh how Fox is rascist? or excuse me spreads rasism?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Double post please delete.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

well...just wanted to add to your comment...might want to read up on this website a bit more..

mediamatters.org...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Media Matters is similar to the daily KOS another far left bomb throwing company. Take what the say with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Komodo

Media Matters is similar to the daily KOS another far left bomb throwing company. Take what the say with a grain of salt.

fine well & good . ...post your findings to contradict what they are researching and i'll check out your references; but the big question is...is the website mediamatters actually reporting the truth?

If they are, how's that a bad thing? And if it is true, this thread DEFINITELY needs 100 flags or more!

Personally, I don't have the time nor the experience to check every one of their research articles to decided if they are true or not.. but it can't be that hard for the org to get their own vid and compare it to what Faux is broadcasting.

btw.. welcome to ATS .. where simple logic wins every time!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Komodo]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

First i remember when these were aired, and im not sure how people say they made it sound out of context.......from the news clips it seems i gathered what everyone else gathered........once again these seem to be very weak instances, and out of all the time fox news has been on 3 or 4 instances are all that people can come up with. When the other networks are considerably worse at this, by a WIDE margin. Yet the fox news bashing continues.....as ive said i get my sources from many many other news orgs as well, and fox seems to be reporting more of the story, and MANY of the stories the other news channels wont touch.

We can go by each story that was listed on that site if you want......for one, the al gore one that supposedly "demonized" him by omitting his last sentence...

First off, he hasn’t. That’s a lie. Let’s walk through this.

In 2000, when Gore left the White House, he was reportedly worth a measly $2 million. Fast forward to today and his net worth is $100 million. So, where did he make the extra $98 million? What has he been doing aside from promoting the Church of Global Warming? He gives speeches, but generally they are on climate change.

Secondly, according to a Bloomberg report (H/T Gateway Pundit), he didn’t give all his profits to non profit organizations:

Former U.S. Vice President Al Gore left the White House seven years ago with less than $2 million in assets, including a Virginia home and the family farm in Tennessee. Now he’s making enough to put $35 million in hedge funds and other private partnerships.

Gore invested the money with Capricorn Investment Group LLC, a Palo Alto, California, firm that selects the private funds for clients and invests in makers of environmentally friendly products, according to a Feb. 1 securities filing.

Thirdly, so what if he’s giving all his money to the Alliance for Climate Protection. He’s the chair! He gets a tax write-off for donating that money, and then directs where the money goes. Currently, they are spending $300 million on climate change propaganda to convince the naysayers that they are really at fault for global warming.

Flopping Aces notes a great comment left on Gateway Pundit:

But a “non profit” is not under obligations to spend all its income (donations) nor all of its assets in every fiscal year. It can accumulate and accumulate donations. Non-profits don’t have customers, so you cannot boycott them. They only have self-appointed boards and donors.

In the case of Gore, it appears that the major donor is also on the Board, so it is a self-perpetuating way of funding propaganda, a tax-exempt pool of money from which he can get his expenses reimbursed and have staff members to help him.

So, there is indeed a benefit that Gore gets from these investments. In my opinion, nothing really out of line for their clip on Fox news.

Your second instance on the website.

"During the April 24 edition of Special Report, Goler claimed that Obama "doesn't want to do it halfway" on health care, and then aired a clip from a March 26 online town hall event of Obama saying, "If you're going to fix it, why not do a universal health-care system like the European countries?" Following the clip, Goler reported: "His critics worry universal health care would mean government-run health care." In fact, Obama actually said, "Now, the question is, if you're going to fix it, why not do a universal health-care system like the European countries?" [emphasis added] In doing so, Obama was paraphrasing the town hall question he had been asked -- "Why can we not have a universal health-care system, like many European countries, where people are treated based on needs rather than financial resources?" -- before explaining why he opposed such a system."

Im sorry.....isnt he pushing for universal healthcare right now?
President Obama has said that under his universal healthcare plan, if a person likes his or her private health insurance, he or she can keep it. However, during a 2003 speech at the AFL-CIO's Civil, Human, and Women's Rights Conference, Obama said he was a proponent of a single-payer universal healthcare plan.

Sounds to me like they got it right on that one too.....

I can go on and on , and im not attacking you here, im just playing the devils advocate.......seems to me that they arent far off base on some of this stuff.....you have to remember too that when they are playing clips, sometimes they dont have time to air the whole thing, so they air it and let people decide for themselves........most of us get the gist of whats being said.....granted you will have those that wil swing way out of left field and go crazy with it, but youll get that anywhere......

Just my 2 cents

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Fox Does edits too

How does fox news spread rascim? Thats a pretty rough word to throw around these days thats like in the 60s being called a Commie Pinko. Do elaborate oh how Fox is rascist? or excuse me spreads rasism?

Watch it, poedxsoldiervet!

I think I've heard under this new administration, questioning racism is also a racist act!

I'd advise not to answer the door if you hear jackboots on your front porch!

[edit on 5/6/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

So wheres the thread of CNN doing it or MSNBC? If you question one then question all. It appears to me that you are a obama fanatic that is upset that Fox News is questioning the messiah.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The folks behind the scenes have essentially 'won' when they convince the public to focus on "left" and "right" wing issues. The bigger issue is to realize there is only one agenda, and the "left" and "right" are both working their way towards the same goals. What is the goal you ask? To distract the public from what really matters. Instead of worrying about the grand scheme of things, most people are more worried about Democrats Vs. Republicans. Quite frankly, its disturbing how TPB have turned us against each other simply by using the television.

One team, one fight. That is all that matters IMO.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
Wait, are you trying to give credit to Al Gore?... Are you really trying to claim this man is not profitting from Climate change, when even though he asks those who participate in his meetings to go walking, or by taxy, or by train, which almost none of them do, Al Gore goes to all these meetings and everywhere he goes with two lincoln limousines, and a 4x4 SUV... I guess he is really thinking about the environment when he does that...

No. He is likely thinking about his safety as a former US Vice President and a man clearly targeted by the extreme right in the culture wars. When they come up with a "green" bulletproof limo or SUV I am sure he will be one of the first to request one.

Do tell us, how is the carbon trade helping the environment at all when all it does is redistribute wealth from a company that has spent all it's carbon credit, and simply BUYS more carbon credit from a company that has lots to spare, which at least some are owned by Al gore...

It appropriately provides economic rather than moral incentive to capitalisticto stop relying on taxpayer dollars to clean up their pollution.

Now, you want to claim that Democratic programs such as bill H.R. 1388 wich gives the power to something they call in that bill the Corporation, and which gives this corporation all powe over all learn-based programs, and allows this Corporation to indoctrinate children, and adults by whatever the Corporation wants Americans to learn.

What on earth are you talking about??

In this same bill all children starting from junior high through hih school MUST make MANDATORY COmmunity Service for 50 hours every year.

You are very confused...too much Fox news?

Maybe you work for Fox news? Read my signature line...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Now, you want to claim that Democratic programs such as bill H.R. 1388 wich gives the power to something they call in that bill the Corporation, and which gives this corporation all powe over all learn-based programs, and allows this Corporation to indoctrinate children, and adults by whatever the Corporation wants Americans to learn.

What on earth are you talking about??

In this same bill all children starting from junior high through hih school MUST make MANDATORY COmmunity Service for 50 hours every year.

You are very confused...too much Fox news?

Maybe you work for Fox news? Read my signature line...

So did you read the bill? Or the thread about it here? It's right there in black and white if you read it, no confusion on Electric's part.

Knowledge about something you personally haven't read does not equate with being a Fox news employee.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Yeah, in Holland a blog caught the NOS (kinda like the Dutch BBC) messing with audio to give the Queen of Holland an extra 6 seconds of applause...
Here's a link to two videos, the first is raw footage and the second is the 'special edition' with extended applause...

When they got caught red handed they explained that is was 'a mistake'...

www.dumpert.nl...

EDIT to add: as a sound engineer myself, I'm abhorred at the low quality editing job done here. You can 'hear' it loop...!!!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Psynarchist]

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Psynarchist]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join