It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Illuminati" - what/where/who/how?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Let us, for a moment, ignore the fact that the organisation founded by Adam Weishaupt (The Bavarian Illuminati) was disbanded and has no demonstrable contemporary linear descendant (at least, not in my experience).

Let us, instead, consider the shadowy, obscure organisation that many conspiracy theorists today know as "The Illuminati".

I see many posts here on ATS which attribute various qualities to this organisation (eg: they worship satan or they worship some other pagan deity, they want "this" or they want "that", their goals are "thus" etc etc).

My questions are as follows:

1. From whence does everyone get their authoritative information? Who tells you guys what and who the "Illuminati" are, and what they want? Is it people like David Icke, and other conspiracy writers? Have you formulated your own picture based on murmurs from the 'net?

2. From what I have read here, the "Illuminati" seems to be a pretty nebulous term, given to mean any number of things. Are there any definitions which are more highly respected, and/or subscribed to, than others?

3. What happens when conspiracy theorists, who believe firmly in the Illuminati's existence, disagree about who and what the Illuminati are? Do you cite your references and argue with each other? Are various writers held up against others as more or less authentic?

Thanks in advance. And, whilst I may not believe in the existence of such an organisation, I am certainly curious about people's experiences in researching said group. The intention of this thread is certainly not simply to denigrate or de-bunk beliefs contrary to mine.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Roark

From what I have read here, the "Illuminati" seems to be a pretty nebulous term, given to mean any number of things.

Maybe that is the safe way of looking at it, Let's say the Knights Templars is not a functioning organization that can trace a continuous linage from the original. But inside other organizations, you have an Order of the Knights Templars. The same sort of thing could be going on with the illuminate. Inside all sorts of organizations, there could be an order of the Illuminati. Once you were to get to a certain level in this group within a group, you might find out you are in a franchise that bridges a small elite from every organization.
The core of what an Illuminati is, would be a belief that they can be enlightened by worshiping Lucifer. Anyone in this franchise might find themselves using the same Illuminati handbook.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
I have a few problems with seeing how an organization such as the Illuminati can have any members, considering it is so secret, that nobody is even sure whether or not it exists.

Hypothetically, if I, as an Illuminati member, were to walk up to a head of state and say "I'm from the Illuminati - would you like to join?", that person would probably kick me out of the building, thinking it a hoax, since the head of state would not even believe in the existence of such a society. It would have to be invitation only, since nobody knows any members.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
Once you were to get to a certain level in this group within a group, you might find out you are in a franchise that bridges a small elite from every organization.
The core of what an Illuminati is, would be a belief that they can be enlightened by worshiping Lucifer. Anyone in this franchise might find themselves using the same Illuminati handbook.

You have a good point, in that recruitment may happen from other organizations, but almost all private organizations that exists have a certain code of morals, and would never allow a satanist, since it would conflict with the morals of that organization.

Therefore, which organization would be the base of recruitment? Certainly not the big ones like Rotary, Round Table, Freemasonry or the Lions. It would have to be a small, elite private group, which in itself poses a problem, since it would be very difficult to get a head of state to join a small satanic group.

[edit on 6/5/2009 by Saurus]

top topics

join