It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands flee Pakistan valley as truce crumbles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Thousands flee Pakistan valley as truce crumbles

news.yahoo.com

47 mins ago
The collapse of a 3-month-old truce with the Taliban means Pakistan will now have to fight to regain control of the Swat Valley, testing the ability of its stretched military and the resolve
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The truce between Pakistan and the Taliban has been broken and fighting has ensued. What does this mean for us here in the United States? Are we going to see a new war in Pakistan? I think this has been building up for a while, and we are likely to see troops sent there.

The conspiracy theorist in me says that this is a diversion. I could be wrong but going to war in Pakistan would draw a lot of attention away from a lot of things.

TA

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
This has been building for months due to an apathetic Pakistani Government. This isn't any conspiracy just bad policy and hoping for the best.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Here's another source.

Some 500,000 civilians are expected to flee Pakistan's Swat Valley, heeding a government evacuation order issued Tuesday ahead of an expected military offensive in the Taliban-dominated region.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Thanks, ZombieSlayer

It's sad to see these people have to flee their homes just because one group of extremists won't give up their campaign. They're fighting a losing battle and i think they know that. That's why they continue to make as much noise as possible. They're hoping to make their organization appear more powerful than it is and to scare people into either joining them or allowing them to further their agenda.

TA

new topics

top topics

join