It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else see their end in the next few years?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I recently became aware that I would not make it through some of the tough times that I and some others expect to see in the next few years. And although I had sometimes wondered if I truly would want to try and adapt to such difficult times, I am surprised at how taken aback I was by this revelation. For reasons that I will not go into for both privacy and humility, I had thought I would be pretty much the last one who would meet their end in these times.

Anyway I would be interested in whether others have become aware of the same thing and how they have dealt with this. I think it might be helpful for myself and others to discuss. Of course there might be those who would scoff at this idea entirely but for myself and presumably for others this is as real as being diagnosed with a terminal disease.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I'm curious as to how you came to this conclusion? I see myself surviving through just about anything that gets thrown at me, I always thought others felt the same way. Recently I have been finding many people who think as you do and that's just baffling to me, I have this feeling in my gut that life wont be great during some point of my future but I make due.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I had a recurring almost nightly dream from the time i was a little girl (4-5) that I would drown when I was 18. I survived because I did two things. One, I NEVER EVER went to where I was supposed to die. Miami canal roads kinda thing drowning. Two, I refused to believe I would really die in such a retarded and waste of life way. 18 and drowned. Still have a fear of drowning but slowly getting over it.

My point...

You may feel like you aren't going to make it. So what, fake it and keep trying. You just might even though you weren't supposed to make it.

Suck it up and get off your duff and go do what you have to so you will survive.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't know how you came to think you will see your end in the next few years. That must be very hard to live with.

My SO believes the end will come by nuclear war. I have a different view. Since October 2008, my view of the future is blank. Thats it. Just a big blank. I can see neither hope for the future nor total destruction. When I try to think about setting goals or attempt to discover what I really want out of life, all I get is a big blank. I can't seem to keep that ball of hope rolling these days.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I've often thought about this. Since I was little I always knew that the year 2000 would bring on some pretty horrific things. I thought I would see war [nuclear or otherwise], famine, drought, volcanoes, earthquakes, and the number one reason was an astroid.
However while I was growing up I was absolutely astounded by the way humans adapt to these sort of things in life. We've seenthe "war on terror", SARS outbreak [I live in Toronto which was 'ground zero' for SARS], and now this H1N1 pandemic.
It made me realize that although things in life can make living hard we as humans find a way to adapt for survival. I think we could put this in context with what you're saying however. If you can't forsee yourself surviving the next couple of years could you not also see the possibility of you adapting to situations to make you a survivor? I know this doesn't make much sense, feel free to ask for clarification.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

I know exactly what you mean about drawing a 'big blank'. That perfectly describes the way I feel about the future. I'm preparing in many ways, pursuing another degree, etc., but I honestly feel like all that I'm doing is for naught. I'm basically going through the motions. I've learned that I'm happier and more focused if I stay in the 'now'. The future will work itself out, or it won't.

Just this morning my mother mentioned something to me about when I turned her age one day. I immediately thought, "no worries; that's never going to happen." Very odd.

I would like to know how the OP has learned that he/she won't make it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

Bizarre. I feel the same way. All my life I have been able to faintly 'see' my future. Not see see, but feel it. And I always adjusted accordingly and things have been, well not perfect, but almost exactly as I had felt they would.

Now is different. I can't feel anything. Back in early 2008, I asked my daughter if she could feel anything, and she can't either. She says it's 'blank.'

I have come to accept that I may not make it. However, with my beliefs, this is a good thing! ( but the process of it, now that I don't care for! )

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
think positive maggot is what my drill instructor would of told me. buck up little trooper

its always darkest before the light is all i have got to say about that
quote forrest gump

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordal

How did you become aware? Did you have a dream? A vision? Did you see a psychic?

Did you get a time frame for when you won't make it?

I have in the past been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and while I didn't give up hope that I would be able to beat it, I just sort of let go of worrying about it.

As of now, after some aggresive treatment, things are looking up for me, and I think not stressing about the situation is what helped the most.

Sometimes you get what you wish for, and if you convince yourself that you won't be around, then you might not be.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
For myself no. For many others around me yes. Right now I think we live in a time where if there is something you really want to do or go to see now would be a good time to do it.

I would also say that all those things you've wanted to say to people before its to late its now the time to do that. So what if you are a couple of years early in saying "Hey I love you and appreciate all you've done for me." You'll have that extra bit of time to enjoy what it brings back to you and gives to them.

If you do run into someone that feels changes are coming but they will make it through those changes ask them what they feel life will be like then for them.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hazelnut
I don't know how you came to think you will see your end in the next few years. That must be very hard to live with.

I would think that the entire world would be feeling that we will all see the "end" as things continue to play out.

My entire life, up until the last year or so, I have always read the Bible about the end days, and thought - I won't have to worry about going through all of that - I'll be gone by then.

But I can't continue to say that now - I think if people will start looking at prophecy, and what's going on in the world, we'd be hard pressed to discount the "coincidences", as some people want to call it.

Personally, I'm watching for 'someone' to sign that 7 year peace treaty with Israel, and then 3.5 years from that, the treaty is broken - that is when you can strap on your crash helmet.

Plus, read up on what the scientists say that the "2012"/galactic alignment is going to bring - and you'll see that it's the exact scenario(s) described in the Bible that will occur in the last days.

Anyone seriously interested in what's coming upon us in the next few years need only look in Revelation and Daniel in the Bible. It lays it all out, in pretty much detail, in those two books in particular. i.e. weather increasing, global religion/money/govt, false prophets/doctrines, people's love waxing cold, scoffers of Jesus, and God, etc.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I also see a blank future. And I've always chalked it up to the same reason everyone else has and what has been told to me. That most people start out the same way, not knowing what they want to "do with their life". So I just accepted it and moved on, doing what I could to get by. I tried school but never stuck with it because, while it might lead to more money, I had no desire to have a job in any field offered.

And now it has hit me. Has it always been this way? Even in the past generations, have the majority of people just floated through life just working to work but with unhappy and unfulfilled lives? OR, are there so many now this is happening to feeling this for a REAL REASON. Because anything we could be doing would be short lived. Because a lot of us feel this underlying futility about what we are trying to accomplish. And it is a wake-up call to cherish the truly important things in our lives.

But that "blankness" does not scare me in the least. On the contrary, it excites me. Because the way I see it, it is the great unraveling of this giant mystery. If it is blank because I'm dead, I'll know (or it will be nothingness, and that in itself will be an answer). If it is blank because time itself ceases to exist due to some singularity or whatever, then that will also be an answer to this mystery, or at the very least, possibly better tools to equip ourselves in solving it. BRING ON THE BLANK I SAY!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dtice

I think many people that have this feeling are at peace with what they feel. They look forward to different journey for them. I'll guess to say because deep down a part of them knows that the journey is going to be better and more enlightening one than what they exist in today.

Yet I see others that have the feeling and they are scared to death of it. They try to think of everything they can to postpone or stop this from happening. These people I look at and think I hear your words but your actions don't match your words if I was you I think I would be afraid also.

Perhaps its our higherself telling us we're going to be okay or telling us we need to really work on ourselves.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Not being able to "see" a future just started happening a couple weeks ago.

Having had three goals in life, and only those three goals since a child, I finally met all three in 2008 and early 2009.

While it was fantastic to meet all those goals one after one, it took me to be almost 40 y.o. to reach them.

Then within a very short time, they were all promptly taken away from me one by one.

Now I don't feel depressed. Just like, welp, got what I wanted, didn't have much time to enjoy it. Oh well.

Just glad I accomplished what I did. Simply don't "see" a future anymore.

Sure, could try to get it all back again. But why, when 40 years of work can go by in a blink of an eye?

On a side note, since age of about 8, had dreams of dying in an apocalyptic type of event. Mainly Nuclear.

Numb now. Yes, will still try to get my 3 wishes back on course again (what else to do while passing the time?) But it is now with a heavy heart.

Whatever will be will be............

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by wclv13

For a second there I thought I had written that post and forgot. LOL

Something seems odd about us who have seen a "blank" for the future. I had no idea that what I was feeling was shared by others.

I have always worked toward goals and like you, achieved them recently. But I forgot to set more goals. What I want in life more than anything, I can never have.

I want people to be happy, free, full of humor and laughter, appreciating the earth and everything that grows or lies upon it. I want common sense to return with a bang. I want my children and grandchildren to grow up knowing how to plant a seed in the proper season instead of texting or video gaming. I want people to have intelligent conversations and reach toward coming together. I want so many things for people that can never be.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Wow, this turned my thinking around a bit.........

"I want people to be happy, free, full of humor and laughter, appreciating the earth and everything that grows or lies upon it. I want common sense to return with a bang. I want my children and grandchildren to grow up knowing how to plant a seed in the proper season instead of texting or video gaming. I want people to have intelligent conversations and reach toward coming together. I want so many things for people that can never be."

See, I always thought that if I accomplished those three things I talked about, then would have the tools to do what you just said above "properly"

Have done my best to do all what you described above during my course of reaching my personal goals (thinking attaining them would help in, for lack of a better phrase "peace, love, and happiness")

Maybe the Universe is telling me "Hey, you don't need that to do your life's work"

Just a thought.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Funny. I am thinking the complete opposite.

I will finish high school, go to college, get a career, advance up, and live a very happy and secure life (currently am too).

Life is what you make it. You make it #, it will be #.

You need to reevaluate your goals in life and go for them.

The biggest problem with todays youth (and some adults) is the lack of ability to recognize words that are true. People take everything with no merit, and never dig for the real meaning.

Let me say this. Almost every day is a day of learning for me. I love learning, because it helps me put the bigger picture into a better perspective.

I do not fear death, but I do not see my own. Because I am not thinking about it, or looking forward to it (currently that is). Life is what you make it.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Well, I believe that we are in the end times, as far as the way of life we have always known.

I just want a chance to fight, so when I answer what I did here, I can say I did my part. Maybe not moving a mountain but at least moving some of the stones.

I used to worry about the fact that I have illness that can kill me in the future and now I do not worry, because I really do not believe that future is here on this plane to worry about.

I just try to get though each day, and teach my daughter as much as I can, and try to get her to understand they way things are supposed to be, and prepare her for what is to come, so she can make the correct decisions. I may not be here physically in the next few years, but if I can come back in ANY form and fight the evil, I will be here!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Primordal

I see my possible end around every corner. Doesn't mean it will be my end but even staying in bed has it's own inherent danger.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
If someone had a ticket out of dodge and it was not given and they were not on the list, this might cause some concern it they knew for certain something was coming down. For some reason that was first scenario that popped in my head with this, but I'm a strange mood right now, so that couldn't be how this was meant.

I've had feelings in both ways, one a feeling that something was ending here. But if that is truly the case, it feels like a really important step is being taken. In other words, not an end, but a change for the better. So that would be the disaster scenario.

But, I've also had a feeling that nothing was certain, and that there was a future that would continue for many more years.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by mystiq]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join