It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New in town... I have a rather unusual environment surrounding my home...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Well hello everyone! I am brand new to this site and have had a chance to look around a bit, I wasn't sure where the best place is to write about my living situation so I'll start right here. I am located in Ontario, Canada north of Toronto in a rural situation large open spaces boardered by 1. A military base 2. Giant powerlines 3. A " weather station" specializing in some sort of environmental studies which require 8 foot barbed wire fences, a tiny lone building on top of a giant hill that always seems to have mutiple large tinted windowed vehicles parked outside even though there doesn't appear to be enough room for 2 people inside the building. So I own my home and have lived here for 10 years...I can't even begin to count the amount of strange things I have seen going on in the sky at night all around my house. I have reported a few sightings on a reporting website and stopped because I would be reporting every other night. I have recruited family members and friends to observe with me and get all kinds of feedback, they all have ideas about what they see, I might add that, they never see just nothing. A few have asked me why I don't move, others have come up with all kinds of reasonable explanations for "why" and "what" could be happening. My feeling is (so far) nothing, that I'm aware of, has happened to me or my family and my hope is whatever is happening if it be alien or government it's benign? I wanted to ask if others have noticed the increase of what look like extremely bright stars in our night sky? Apon closer examination they appear to be far too close to be a star and often appear to have flashing colours. I notice this on my travels away from home...at home I see them landing. I also see small pulsing red lights quite small floating throught the night environment perhaps measuring air pollution?? *LOL* There are more examples of the nightly activities I could go on for hours about them. I am mostly curious if anyone else has an idea about these extra bright "stars" or what, in fact, they may actually be. My husband is convinced there must be a rational explanation for them. Maybe there is?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Your post leaves a lot to be desired. Obviously if you live in an area that allows you to make such claims, you would have some sort of documentation, video or photo to show us here? You didn't just stumble into this place, and are probably well aware that if you claim something happens so often in your neck that by now you would have cataloged some data to present?

Got any photos of the tinted windowed vehicles that are "often" parked outside of this building? Got any photos or videos of unusual goings on since it happens every other day around you?

I imagine you are seeing something that compels you to stretch your neck out there for all of us to potentially cut off, but at the same time you mention familiarity with this site, so that make me draw the conclusion that you should know what the general membership would expect along with such a first post.

I hope you have some stuff to show us in the near future that would better promote discussion.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Kinda makes you think that someone who sees these kinds of things every other day would have at least a picture to prove this.

Just set up a video camera and set it on record for the entire night, and post it here.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm in agreement. Get some pictures and videos etc. We would all be most grateful~

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Got any photos of the tinted windowed vehicles that are "often" parked outside of this building? Got any photos or videos of unusual goings on since it happens every other day around you?

crikey. go easy. he's a noob.

wouldn't hurt to acquire some photography though. or get some google maps of your described locations

[edit on 6/5/09 by spearhead]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. Some evidence would be greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Well thank you all for the warm welcome. I have, in the past, taken video and pics all of which turn out like many others I've seen and don't satisfy me. I wouldn't expect mine to satisfy either, a far away barely glowing shaking dot. As for pictures of vehicles I have never yet ventured down that road, I have lived quitetly with my young family here for years and a little fear exists, if this is a government office what might become of me? I suppose I could try with a large zoom lense from far away of it would help my case. Really I was enquiring after any people who may have noticed bright sometimes colour flashing "stars" on their recent travels, or if there might be somebody out there who has a rational explanation for such objects. I have noticed many more on my own travels away from home (perhaps due to my eye opening living situation) I have dealt with my share of sceptics and am quite used to that reaction (until they come to visit). In any case I also wish to say I am new to this site, this evening in fact, I have reported on other sites in the past. I have noticed many similar reports and photos, I don't remember seeing these things when I was young and I did a lot of star gazing... maybe these are giant weather baloons with some silent propulsion device that can move in any direction erratically and quickly, that's what I'm asking!! I must thank you though for your kind advice! WHEW!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hey tiredoflooking!

Do you mind telling me the town you live in? I live in Toronto and am thinking of making a trek out to the north out of the cities for some sky watching.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Hi everybody;
I live just south of Barrie Ontario next to a large line of powerlines running from Niagra Falls to? I am getting some video and pics collected to post when I do it will be a whole bunch at once. I've been looking at a location on Goggle maps sat vision. This map clearly shows a "weather monitoring station" from the air and it surely is strange. I've been trying to figure out how to upload the map here so others can look, so far it won't work for me, does anyone know how to do this? The location is near my house it is on the north west corner of the eigth line and the 10th sideroad in Essa Township Ontario Canada. I have taken some pics of the place from the ground but when one looks from the sky there are strange areas visable, 2 separate clearings in the middle of a forest that appears to be part of this facility's property...from the ground I have discovered their fenced area is much larger than I originally thought. There are often strange lighted objects in the area around this location, it is also in close proximity to Base Borden. Some things are "explainable" or so they say. Like , for example, last summer I heard a story on the weather network about "laser pollution detection" so when a large green beam of light streched over miles in all directions I did not have a heart attack (originating from this facility) but is it really what they say it is? There are also all kinds of differently lighted UFO's, for lack of a better word, flying around the night skies here AND landing. I'm working on video and trying to capture as best I can the problem being they mostly just appear as a tiny dot of light in a black screen. Doing my best to collect the best and the brightest, but for those interested check out the above mentioned google map!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Please continue describing what happens around your house. I am intrigued.
Believe me we will read every single word of it.

For that weather station, ever think it is the entrance to an underground facility?

And to upload the pictures goto Video & media and login with your current name and password. Find the words "upload picture" and have a blast.

[edit on 5/26/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tiredoflooking
Hi everybody;
I live just south of Barrie Ontario next to a large line of powerlines running from Niagra Falls to? I am getting some video and pics collected to post when I do it will be a whole bunch at once. I've been looking at a location on Goggle maps sat vision. This map clearly shows a "weather monitoring station" from the air and it surely is strange. I've been trying to figure out how to upload the map here so others can look, so far it won't work for me, does anyone know how to do this? The location is near my house it is on the north west corner of the eigth line and the 10th sideroad in Essa Township Ontario Canada. I have taken some pics of the place from the ground but when one looks from the sky there are strange areas visable, 2 separate clearings in the middle of a forest that appears to be part of this facility's property...from the ground I have discovered their fenced area is much larger than I originally thought. There are often strange lighted objects in the area around this location, it is also in close proximity to Base Borden. Some things are "explainable" or so they say. Like , for example, last summer I heard a story on the weather network about "laser pollution detection" so when a large green beam of light streched over miles in all directions I did not have a heart attack (originating from this facility) but is it really what they say it is? There are also all kinds of differently lighted UFO's, for lack of a better word, flying around the night skies here AND landing. I'm working on video and trying to capture as best I can the problem being they mostly just appear as a tiny dot of light in a black screen. Doing my best to collect the best and the brightest, but for those interested check out the above mentioned google map!

Not too far from me. I'm actually going to be going up that ways more in the summer now that the weather is nice. I'd love some more information so that maybe when I'm up there I can check it out.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I do think there is an underground D.U.M.B. in this area or an underground network of some kind, military or otherworldly... I have found a few different landing locations of these lighted objects, one of which I can see from my house and that one is on crown land deep in a forest...this forest has visable lines of parted dying trees visable from the road, I can take pictures of them, the stuff that goes on around here is unbelievable really. I don't know how more people aren't seeing and reporting what I, and friends, are seeing. There have also been a few instances of helicopter activity at times of lighting sightings, sometimes flying so close to my house that my china shakes. Maybe they are flying with them or after them? I don't really know why I'm posting, except to maybe find people in the area or close by that have seen something. I wonder if the reason, there haven't been reports, is because either nearby people are aware of the goings on and in on it or if it's because, like my husband, they just close their minds and go on about their daily farming tasks. That's really the majority of the population around here, and if I were to speak out publically no doubt I'd be locked up swiftly

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by tiredoflooking

People tend to be willfully ignorant of what goes on around them at all times. It is a rather sad condition, which is hard to break.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyfrompain

If you park close by that facility at about 11pm or later on any of the roads around and watch the sky you will surely see odd things. Anythime I go outside at night here I can find something to look at there appears to be several different types of flying objects...some large like a star higher in the sky that appear to flash different colours and stay in one place or move erratically. Then there are small softball sized red solid lights that "float" closer to the ground and are not as bright. Also yellowish high flying lights stay solid in colour and can pass directly over head with 0 sound. Lastly, the strangest, a large red light stays high above the tree line and does a bouncing sort of motion...those are not every night but the 2 times I have seen those a helicopter has been close behind. I would suggest finding the weather station and then parking a distance away from it, I find it creepy and I fear parking near it ,with all it's warning signs, might bring trouble to an observer. Please do check it out and come back to report what you see I would love another opinion on this strange area! Maybe you can get a better video than I my camera isn't very powerful.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiredoflooking

If you park close by that facility at about 11pm or later on any of the roads around and watch the sky you will surely see odd things. Anythime I go outside at night here I can find something to look at there appears to be several different types of flying objects...some large like a star higher in the sky that appear to flash different colours and stay in one place or move erratically. Then there are small softball sized red solid lights that "float" closer to the ground and are not as bright. Also yellowish high flying lights stay solid in colour and can pass directly over head with 0 sound. Lastly, the strangest, a large red light stays high above the tree line and does a bouncing sort of motion...those are not every night but the 2 times I have seen those a helicopter has been close behind. I would suggest finding the weather station and then parking a distance away from it, I find it creepy and I fear parking near it ,with all it's warning signs, might bring trouble to an observer. Please do check it out and come back to report what you see I would love another opinion on this strange area! Maybe you can get a better video than I my camera isn't very powerful.

Hey, I u2u'd you if you can check for me. Thanks!

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
just reminds me a little too much about these threads.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 26-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmmm, really? I can't even find one thing similar, you should visit the area and check it out. Oh, be sure to bring your chicken livers

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I'm aparantly not allowed to U2U until I have 20 or more posts. Landmark is "the weather station" at the corner of the 8th concession (sandy beach road) and the 10th sideroad Essa township closest to Cookstown at hwy 27 and 89 or Thornton on hwy 27. Both easily accessed from the 400 hwy. You can really see things nightly if you park on a dark sideroad in the area with a view, bring coffee and a camera you won't be sorry. I've been here for 10 years so I'm pretty used to it all by now. A favorite thing of mine to do is to invite my city dwelling friends up for a bonfire and casually mention the right time to look up
People are amazed. Please do come back and post what you see!

new topics

top topics

join