It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A solution to the Guantanamo problem that's almost too simple ...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm not prone to speculative threads but ...

I've been reading a lot lately about how all the different state representatives and prison wardens are crying out "not in my neighborhood" when it comes to relocating those Guantanamo bay detainees who will have to wait for their trials and for those who will have to be incarcerated afterwards.

Perhaps this is almost too simple to work, but consider the amount of federal land available in the Western United States.

Federal Land as percentage of State land area

Why not just find a place in the desert away from everything, that is already secure and conduct all the trials from there?

Why not even Area 51?

Just thinking out loud ...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I would tell you where I would put them, but ATS does not allow that....

If the bleeding hearts get their way, we will just give them some prime real estate, a new home and facilitate their induction into society...

Well, at least until they blow up a building or two..

Semper

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well they've got to go somewhere.

And I know Virginia doesn't want them, nor do most other states and Federal prisons.

So come on mr. semperfortis, give us an idea (a clean one) of where they should be relocated.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'd put them to work on a pig farm..In alaska..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I believe we should just forgive and forget. Let us just free them. Take them out into the Atlantic Ocean and let them swim home.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Your beating on the wrong drum partner..

I don't think they should be relocated at all...Unless to some secret facility in some other 3rd world country and NEVER let the media/democrats know where...

I don't think they deserve a trial, they are not citizens, but enemy combatants.. War Crimes Tribunal eventually.. But I see no hurry..

They fought against my brothers in arms. The same ones I fought beside, slept with and bled with. I could care less what happens to them except bringing them into this country.

Semper

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

Your beating on the wrong drum partner..

Well, I'm only beating the drum that has been handed to me.

I have no problem with Guantanamo staying as is but that's not what we've been told is going to happen. So I am happy to discuss and agree with you on that issue but I'm just trying to figure out the best solution under the premise that they are coming our way.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Send them back to their countries. They don't want them but who cares.

You have to wonder why their countries don't want them back in their borders?

After all they are innocent civilians right?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

How about this...

We petition Obama to give me a few dozen and I take them home with me to West Virginia..

I am sure my Hillbilly relatives and friends would know exactly what to do with them..

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
S Dog,
Being a western US'er I will say... ermmm...
Well, we have approximately 760 vacant homes here in my city last I heard in the rumor mull, all repo's. Move 'em in as long as I get to keep meh gunz of course.

I don't see why not, in theory it sounds pretty good. However, I do not think it would be a good idea to allocate unused public lands in the idea of creating a state or such to put them. That probably wouldn't go over too well with the environmentalists. Just as long as they don't try to set up some snip like Israel in my neck of the desert, it already looks enough like that side of the globe here. Don't need any mortar craters in my freshly planted grass.

What are the logistics involved in taking them back to the area that they were picked up in? That would be my choice, unless they want to swear an oath to the constitution and learn the language and hang out with us American folk. I think they are pretty well inflamed at what we did to them, so it might not be a good idea even having them here.

But if they are willing to assimilate,
I suppose then, I would invite them over for a few Heinekens and some BBQ foods.

What say you?
T-

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Argh, and I was so proud of myself for coming up with the Area 51 idea.

I figured it's at least as safe as Guantanamo.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Good on ya bro
, it is the most secure facility out in these deserts... that I am aware of. Wouldn't it be funny if we all banded together and got the whitehouse to do it, just imagine the implications. Hey at least they would admit to it's existence.

Heck, what to do with the whole situation of Gitmo, take 'em back... ? I dunno.

Damage is done,
Send the boys back home....
T-

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
Good on ya bro
, it is the most secure facility out in these deserts... that I am aware of.

Yeah I was recently down there, the Nellis AFB is freaking huge. If someone wanted to hide and secure folk it is almost better than Gitmo.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Give them to me and some of the boys. We would request you don't look back and insist that you don't ask any questions.

Problem solved.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
They need to be in their own homeland.

We are not the "World Police"....nowhere close.
Cannot even maintain our own interstate prison systems adequately.
This judgemental mockery needs to cease and desist.

Send them back to their respective countries.

Peace...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Yes yes we know, everybody should beat them up, and klll them and junk.

But since that's not going to happen can I get some love and support for my Area 51 idea.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I always felt they should be detained at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Wouldn't take much to set up some FEMA trailers there. Furthermore, the security at the White House is top notched in the world and Obama would only have to look outside his window to ensure they are being treated humanely.

Problem solved.

Why not just find a place in the desert away from everything, that is already secure and conduct all the trials from there?

Why not even Area 51?

Who will ensure that they are being treated fairly? I think part of the problem with Gitmo is that it was a very secluded place and not many were allowed to view what was going on in the inside. I assume the same could be said about area 51 and deserted government land.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by jam321]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Why not try them in a court of law for their alleged crimes, let the courts and juries decide their fate based on laws and evidence.

Deal with whatever outcome will result.

Is that too complex?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I always felt they should be detained at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Oh noes, I live near there ...

Well a couple of miles away but still.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
SD....I did have a most grand laugh at turning area 51 into a detainment camp!!
I always thought that that is what is was to begin with...still laughing!!!

Ever been to that part of New Mexico?????
The Gitmo guys would be treated with respect there.
The local people are incredible and grounded.

Peace...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join