It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

homosexuality not genetic

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

That is one of the more morose and myopic statements I have seen here, and to think it got stars reveals where our development as a civil society stands.

According to that logic, as an analogy, if every Christian I knew was involved in a cult, then I would assume all Christians are or will become involved in a cult.

Also it implies that 20% of society is comprised of pedophiles. Shall we lock away 20% of all people?

Really people. Lots of growing left to be done here.

A star for you... you said it better than I did/could have. Thank you.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TurkeyBurgers

Thanks for this link TurkeyBurgers. I come from a unique perspective that as an adult I was able to follow the "gay gene" or hormones or whatever it was in my own family. This manifested itself in my my mother's family. My grandmother had 10 children. Her 5 girls were very fertile.

Out of the five boys one was gay, and several were bisexual. Most of the men call themselves straight but, have a regular "boyfriend" besides their wives. They also had children so they procreated along with fertile grandmothers and sisters, great grandmothers etc. As of today I know of 21 gay or bisexual men in my mother's side of the family.
Along that whole side of the family the females are very fertile and have a lot of children unless they intervene (birth control, operation).

I'll have to find it again but, there was a study done that that correlates highly fertile women with an increased predisposition to having gay male children.

I have never heard of any initiation ceremony to be gay lol. That would be funny if it weren't so sad that people still think backwards like this. Of those 1000's of gay men I have met I have only known one that questioned where his homosexuality came from because he was molested by his stepfather and mother. I certainly was never initiated and knew none of the family on my mom's side until I was way into adulthood.

Of these "choice" people I would assume they are speaking of bisexuals or closeted gay men. Look at your local craigslist under dating Male/Male. All these down low men looking for sex aren't "openly gay" but, married men still chasing after men. These men are still with men but, have a skirt to hide under to claim they are still very straight.

Personally among my friends the oldest of these is 62. He has been with the same man since the 1970's but, still very much married. He claims to be straight although he hasn't had sex with his wife since the early 1980's after she had children. He was seeing his male lover before he even met his wife.

Heck I am gay and do not have to search "down low" to walk into the kitchen to meet my man. I do not know any self identified gay man that has to resort to hiding in the bushes or having meetings early in the morning while wifey is away. The Larry Craig types are very rampant.

My parents were not the problem other than my dad being a little too religious in my younger years and taking us to a church that praised the high heavens whenever they found out a gay person died as well as spread lies about gays in general. So, I was raised in a very loving home but, very strict. It was very difficult to find a way to tell them I was gay which worked very well in the long run as my brothers showered them with more grandchildren than they can handle.

My parents and I are very close and I will be helping them plant a garden today. I would have liked to have left a better/longer and more researched post but, I am very busy today with a garden tiller.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
homesexuality is not a hereditory trait, it's based on several things, birth sequence, as in age of the sibling compared to other siblings, experience, and birth defects, the human is naturally bi for 49 days, its sex is then determined and it sexuality depends on the mothers interaction with the enviroment, for example, if the mother had several children before, the child is more likely to be bisexual than straight, if the mum eats alot of sweets, same same, it is genetic, enviromental and not hereditory, it is also never 100% accurate these events.

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantwonder
Acording to evolution and survival of the fittest the weakest are the least likely to propigate the species. eventually leading to a populace that no longer carries the weaker gene form.

The gene would most likely be there still, just disabled. Every species has alot of junk DNA that is thought to be remnants of past evolution.

According to this principle shouldnt a genetic homosexuality be comletely ruled out?

If homosexuality was defined by one gene then likely yes, however, some evidence suggests that there is a series of genes involved. A gene for 'attracted to boys' and a gene for 'attracted to girls'. And each gene could turn on or off a series of other genes as well, so it is not as clear cut as some would like it to be.

over the course of human history homosexualtiy has exsisted and there have been alot of generations between the begining and now. Shouldn't this mean that according to natural selection and the homosexuals inability to create new members of the speciespretty much guarentee that the "gay" jean would have been bred out long before the present?

Well, if there are several genes involved, for example an 'attracted to boys' gene and an 'attracted to girls' gene, then the genes would be likely part of the reproductive DNA, and thus have to stay in the DNA or the fertilized egg would be rejected by the body as being unfit.

[edit on 4-8-2009 by aaa2500]

posted on Aug, 4 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
How can the "gay gene" be bread out when all, I say ALL homosexual children are born of straight parents. Lesbian mothers who have been seminated have straight children. So....What exactly is your reasoning?

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I find it strange that females get breast at an earlier and earlier rate and that men are behaving more and more like females .. this happens only in the western world and not in africa middle east and several other regions on the planet but in USA and EU .
I believe that there is plot to slow down the growth of the human population by introducing quantities of female hormones in the western food stocks .. leading in men getting more female and becoming unsecure due to this and because of there insecureness they believe they are homosexual and there for are getting into homosexual relations.
30 years ago we didn't see as much homosexuals or gays how ever you like to name them but lately even on tv there are more and more and more ..
if this rise is going to get on in this way in the western world this will lead to a decline of the number of people .
population ni non western worlds were there are no western food being served only local food this phenomonem isn't there and we see there a healthy rise of human births.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
reply to post by HulaAnglers

whoa buddy, i don't know, but i don't think that the majority of gays/lesbians sexual preferences spawned from encounter's with pedophiles at an early age.

you may be right.

but or or rather butt it could be a sign of rebellion against sanitation..and hygiene.

..i mean putting it up the pooper...

thus spreading all sorts of horrible diseases..

all our lives we are taught to wash our hands to safeguard our health.
then these people put their genitals up the pooper and touch their genitals.

i understand they also afterwards put into their mouths.
this is against all hygiene and sanitation protocols.

ask any doctor.

i would not shake hands or touch a gay as they present a health danger due to their unsavoury practices as explained above helping to spread diseaese.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkLuitzen

and becoming unsecure due to this and because of there insecureness they believe they are homosexual and there for are getting into homosexual relations.

It because it's becoming more socially acceptable, gays and lesbians don't need to fear discrimination as much any more.

reply to post by esecallum

but or or rather butt it could be a sign of rebellion against sanitation..and hygiene.

..i mean putting it up the pooper...

Don't be daft, you can't be seriously suggesting that gay people in general have sex with no regard to their own health. There are methods of cleanliness that gay people employ in order that they don't get picked up, and it's not like strait sex is always hygienic either, it comes down to the individuals involved, plainly and that's no different to gay people.

[edit on 6-8-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
If homosexuality was genetic then the current gay rights movement would actually be the best thing for all those who find homosexuality as a perversion.
This is because, should the time come when open homosexuality is acceptable in society then at such a time homosexuals would not need to form heterosexual unions to hide their true nature and would increasingly form more homosexual unions. This would prevent them from procreating and thus bringing down the homosexual component in the human genome.

So in a way, their very struggle for greater acceptance may be their ultimate undoing in the long run.

Also, if homosexuality was genetic then those people today who call themselves homosexual today and did NOT have the gene could be quite reasonably called "perverts"!

BTW I support greater acceptance for homosexuals and those with gender identity problems as I believe that every human being has a right to happiness however, I believe ultimately humanity as a species can only prevail through the efforts of heterosexuals and thus their sexual behavior should be accepted as the norm or standard.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by IAF101]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join