It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a way to...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
... start reading a thread from the last post I made? I can go to my profile/posts and then see MY post on the thread. But is it possible to have a link to the actual thread from the point I made my post? When I click the "visit the full thread" link it takes me to the start of the thread.
I find myself surfing through several topics at once and when I open one of them I would really like to see it from the moment I made my post, since I already read the rest. This is particularly annoying on large threads.

So is it possible? If not, I would humbly suggest it as a future enhancement.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Boy, do I agree. I can never remember the last post I read and I end up having to scroll through page after page of posts.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
In full agreement here. I've been bouncing between several posts tonight and was just thinking about this same problem.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Not sure if this is okay, but if you hit myATS it brings up a window with what ever you have flagged etc, to the right side there is the topic of the thread according to your last reply to which ever post then in the next column there is a little square box (this takes to you to the very last page of the post, the code reads something like this www.abovetopsecret.com...#######/pglastpost) and then in the last column there is the last person who posted.

* the ###### is relevant to the Number of the post as data reference.

Hope that helps.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
You have read my mind.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Thanks, I use that sometimes but doesn't help with my problem.
So... anyone? Mods?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I don't think there's a way, but I'd love if someone would make it possible. I don't want to go to the end of a thread- I want to see my post, and read in order from there. It doesn't make sense and wastes a lot of time in high volume threads where if you work for 8 hours there could be 100 pages or more since your reply!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
What you ask for is an overly efficient system. If people didn't mindlessly click, trying to look for their last post (and subsequent replies), it would probably affect ATS's Inflated Google Analytics Stats. Hehehe!

This is a business guys. Page hit's mean everything!

IRM

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

:/

So I wonder what the real reason is.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com looks suspiciously like a controlled website by the some government authority.

Why can't I delete my account - why can't I create new threads as a new member.

I would advise everyone to be careful what they post as everything is monitored. You are all basically being controlled via this forum.

I'm off and will not return. Will this post be shown on this thread - I doubt it...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I think you have to make a note of which page your reply posted to for that particular thread. I was wondering if admin had ever considered a cascading style board that allowed subsequent responses to posts to be grouped accordingly. I really like that feature because of the flow of the conversation (or debate).

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by squoggy

Posts like these are almost funny, in a sad way.
They never get removed, they stay on forever.
I've yet to encounter a reason for someone to delete their account.
And, if recent threads are any idication, newbies can post just as well as old farts.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've wondered the same thing. I have just used the date/time stamp, visible in the "posts" link on my "Public Profile". That helps to locate the post.
Also, is there a way to be notified when someone 'Replies' to my posts? That would simplify things.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by WTFover]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I hope this helps....To make my searches easier I use the "Search for this
word on a page" function of windows (control-F). Then I type in my
username. Then I go to the approximate page of the thread where I had
previously posted and begin clicking next, then next page until I find my post.

top topics

join