It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

democrats vote to protect pedophiles but not military veterans in hate crimes bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by jd140

I just dont get it. If you are the type of person going around hurting people just because of race or orientation or whatever you have some problems and you are going to be spending a fair amount of time in jail during your life. Seriously how many people go around and hurt people jsut because of that. It has to be a super minority of the American public.

AND

Is it now going to be a crime to say jokes about peoples race or orientation. Because that is BS if that is a hate crime. Pretty soon we wont even be able to talk. I am white and I love when Chris Rock cracks on white people., black people, mexicans, gays, etc. That is funny as hell.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

You ever hear a white comedian crack jokes about blacks the way Chris Rock cracks jokes about whites?

Nothing will change in the comedy department if this bill is passed.

link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude yes that is discrimination. the white male is the real minority. if there was one job offer with four other minorities who do you think would get that job? certainly not the white male.

link   
reply to post by jd140

Yeah and what if I am straight and white and I kill another straight white man because I do hate him, but I still dont get charged with a hate crime. Go figure.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh thank god. The only things worthwhile on this planet are good ethnic and gay jokes. I am equal opportunity destroyer. They can crack on my race and orientation all day and i will laugh my butt off. Chapelle and Chris Rock are hilarious.

Also, we need to find a good white comedian that cracks black jokes like Chris Rock.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Well, IDK about all of this but if someone is standing outside a gay bar or a mostly africam american bar waiting for them to come out so they can beat the tar outta them.. its nothing but hate. IMHO.

Hugs,
Dax

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
People get too neurotic when you talk about sexuality in this country so any evangelicals or neurotics go back to playing with your comic book action figures-cuz you won't be able to handle what I'm saying.

It all depends on what the action of the veteran was and what the action of the pedophile was.
A 19 year-old who diddles a 17 year old is considered
a pedophile in many US states.
Whereas a war veteran who dropped cluster bombs on towns and on children and babies-melting their skin
-is a war hero to some.
That war veteran is a child murderer-that's a fact.
Vietnam war veterans killed tens of thousands of children for no reason.
That is the ultimate sin of the millennium!!!
I mean hello why didn't these people listen to the Beatles, Hendrix,
Ghandi, Jesus, and Buddha and not harm innocents.

Veterans murder -pedophiles diddle -which is worse?
Don't get me wrong. I am against sex with pre-teens
-children should be protected.
But murder is forever, whereas a diddled kid can
live to see another day.
Let's get our values and priorities sorted and
get our collective heads out of the middle ages.

However pedophilia is culture specific.

In Japan-age of consent is 14-Canada too.
In many Buddhists countries the age of consent is even lower because
Buddha taught that sex was allowable once a girl menstruates.
Therefore these countries like Thailand do not have all this guilt about sex.
And these countries are flooded with American businessmen pervs who
are even more out of whack and go for pre-menstruaters.

An 18 year-old guy with a 16 year old girlfriend in the USA is
considered a pedophile
whereas in Canada and Japan it is considered normal.

The USA needs to have more compassionate and enlightened laws.

This is outrageous-
the age of consent should be globally the same-14 or 16 years old!
There are so many backward people in the USA who are guilt-ridden puritanical morons
who turn NATURAL human sexuality into something evil.
That is really sick.
who turn their repressed natural sexuality into violence.

It is also hypocritical.
Many rural Alabama and southern state sheriffs do not arrest incestuous fathers for fear of losing their jobs.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Electricneo

What exactly does this have to do with the thread?

This is about who is protected under the new hate crime bill that is being circulated in DC.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It's all about the Who.
Go deeper-my rant is not for the shallow or mental wimps.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

All I see is you comparing veterns and pedophilles and that you think the age of consent is to high.

Oh and try and not act high and mighty.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by jd140]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Reread the subject heading.

The juxtaposition is "War Veterans and Pedophiles".
It's on topic.

If you can't come up with anything to say about the subject
then just leave it.

Maybe I struck a nerve.
Do you collect comic book or star wars action figures?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Did you read the article?

The hate crime bill being circulated proposes including homosexuals and pedophilles as those who will be protected in the bill.

Veterans, senior citizens and one other group was asked to be put into the bill to be protected, but they were rejected.

That is why the headline reads as it does.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Exactly the people I am juxtaposing in my rant.

My ideas are related to the subjects being juxtaposed in the bill.

I am free to rant about the groups mentioned in the bill.

And I don't like my freedom of speech being questioned.

If you have a problem with my on-topic rant-move on.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Of course they don't consider the expendable assets as citizens equal under the law,guys politicians all through history have never given much of a damn about their military outside of conquests and empire building.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by echodogene
mod's, i checked and haven't seen this anywhere and also feel free to move if i'm in the wrong place
i can't believe my ears. i'm watching Fox news and they are telling me democrats voted to protecting sex offenders of all types in the hate crimes bill but not our military veterans that were in war and coming home from war. this is an outrage

Next on Senate agenda? 'Pedophile Protection Act'
'Hate crimes' law definitions would protect 547 sex 'philias'

Mod Edit: Source Added.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by worldwatcher]

They are not really protected by this bill, i mean yeah they are safe from hate crimes that might be committed against them, but that does not mean they are free to do whatever they want. They are sex offenders, if they cross the law again, i don't know what bill will save them, they will go to jail. This will only save pedophiles that are known to some number of people, that have just got out of jail or something, and to be protected of a hate crime in case something like that happens, because i assume a lot of people would like to get their hands dirty with them.
Just my opinion. But I still couldn't believe something like this happened till i actually opened this thread ...

Where is this world going!?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by LyricusMagna]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Why do "minorities" require different laws from others (namely whites)?
Are you somehow better? Shall we say, "more equal than others"?

Take your sorry buts out of the back of the bus already! You realize you can dont you? No separate fountains or restrooms around my state!

Be equal! Your bloody well no better than anyone else!

Remember that the pendulum will only go so far to the left. When it comes back, its gonna be ugly unless steps are taken now.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think I see the reason why we should not take this too seriously. The source you cite is FOX news. I have watched in utter fascination how this supposed new channel has switched from being the apologist of the Bush administration -- I recall their on air talking heads suggesting that people who spoke out against hte Bush policies were traitors and should be charged with treasons -- to advocating the violent overthrow of the duly elected Obama administration.

This channel invents news by repackaging right wing propaganda into their latest "issue" to go into a screaming tirade over. Please, watch some real news. Read a newspaper. Try a non-American news source. Watch the BBC world news. Watch CSPAN, Once you look at the actual full video of what people like Obama say (on CSPAN for example) , the careful editing to create false impressions on FOX news becomes obvious.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImzadiDax

mod's, i checked and haven't seen this anywhere and also feel free to move if i'm in the wrong place
i can't believe my ears. i'm watching Fox news and they are telling me democrats voted to protecting sex offenders of all types in the hate crimes bill but not our military veterans that were in war and coming home from war. this is an outrage

Do you have a link to this?

In the brief amount of time it took me to scour this post it became clear that "sex offender" is what they're calling gay people these days. Throw in a little "they hate the troops" and you have a recipe for panic worthy of the gutter chefs at Fox "News."

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Animal it's simple, this bill doesn't protect the veterans from hate crimes. it's not a crime to hate our military? it's ok to spit on them or beat them up for serving our country? but if you hurt a sex offender you do extra time
this is rediculous, ask someone else

Okay... speaking as a veteran I have NEVER had anyone hate me because I served.
Quite the opposite in fact.
Indeed, I'd love to see someone try to assault me, or one of my comrades in arms because they hate that we served. They'd surely regret it. I've never even heard of such a thing.

Breathe into a paper bag for awhile. I think you're having an anxiety attack from listening to the big scary right wing noise machine too long.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Marines are a minority by choice, " The proud ,but few". I don't think that we need any kind of law to protect us, we take care of our own..... I do appreciate your concern though.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
All they have to do is put a amendment to the bill. But the dems don't think its necessary. Go figure when child rapist get more protection from the feds. Sounds like normal gov shoot first then ask questions.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join