It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Norman Mineta - Wait you can't

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Google Norman Mineta... We have all seen his testimony. He stated that V.P. Cheney knew a plane was in route to the Pentagon.

Norman Mineta can be searched in Google but the links take you to completely unrelated topics. So you can not use Google, it wont link you to anything of relevance - this is very questionable. You have to use, yahoo or ask.com but run a search for Norman Mineta to verify this statement.

This is a strong indication that what we use to acquire information is restrictive and limiting.

edit for type-o

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I think your post has some relevance, but it also points out your own limitations as a researcher. I went to www.google.ca, typed in Norman Mineta and was presented with a drop down list of Norman Mineta categories including 9/11 stuff. I chose one, clicked on it and found a page of links about Mineta's testamony, including YouTube video of it.

Alex Jones, however, is with you on the main point. Some sites are self censoring, including YouTube.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ipsedixit]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I just googled mineta and all links listed go to their designated targets...

www.google.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The All Seeing I
I just googled mineta and all links listed go to their designated targets...

www.google.com...

No - it goes to unrelated links for Norman AntiVirus, Normans the descendants of Vikings, Norman Oklahoma, etc. So, no, it dosent.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Mr.Hyde]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by Mr.Hyde

I think your post has some relevance, but it also points out your own limitations as a researcher. I went to www.google.ca, typed in Norman Mineta and was presented with a drop down list of Norman Mineta categories including 9/11 stuff. I chose one, clicked on it and found a page of links about Mineta's testamony, including YouTube video of it.

Alex Jones, however, is with you on the main point. Some sites are self censoring, including YouTube.

Rather than trying to point out what you think are my limitations - why don't you click on some of the links in google.ca. They lead you to immediate dead-ends that are not related to Norman Mineta. Off hand, You are required to go further than you normally would to find relevant information in regard to what you are searching for when you look for information related to his testimony.

I am stating that this is not customary in what one would expect as complete and accurate if you are in fact searching for any Norman Mineta information.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Nothin out of the ordinary here. If someone is censoring his name in google, they're doing a terrible job of it. Took me to numerous links telling me exactly what his stance is on the 9/11 issue and some damning comments on cheney's actions. I might mention that my search on google.ca didnt turn out exactly like the google.com search in the previous comment, but all the important ones were there and i had no trouble linking to the exact sites that were shown.

[url=http://www.google.ca/search?q=Norman+Mineta&hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&channel=s&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&start=0&sa=N]www.google.ca[/ url]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.Hyde
This is a strong indication that what we use to acquire information is restrictive and limiting.

You're preaching to the choir.

I've seen lots of other information go missing from Google. There was an Associated Press article where a tenured professor of civil/structural engineering, and former member of the early FEMA investigation, Abolhassan Astaneh-Asl, was accusing the original ASCE investigation and all subsequent investigations using that information as corrupted, saying there were conflicts of interest on the investigative board and that he was personally unable to reproduce their findings after several years of modeling and only getting contradictory data. He said most NY skyscrapers could have withstood the planes and fire, let alone the Twin Towers.

Anyway, if you search for this AP article now, you'll find mention of it on "truther" sites, etc., but the original article and all other 3rd party sources are nowhere to be found. It never got an official response, either, and this was an article that generated a lot of discussion and controversy when it was first released. Yet I have no trouble finding many mundane and trivial articles dating back farther than this.

There are also images of the corroded steel samples related to the FEMA report that were in public domain online but can no longer be found. I wish I had saved some of these when I had the chance, and I'm sure they still exist somewhere. But a lot of this stuff does have a funny way of just disappearing in a matter of time, down the Orwellian "memory hole." Orwell was basically a prophet of our time, or maybe an inspiration for TPTB. Oh well.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by bsbray11]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I agree with the notion that information disappears on the web, but the idea that Google is making it hard to find out about Norman Mineta is nonsense.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5a24bcd2892.jpg[/atsimg]

Does the OP expect Google to read his mind? That might be in the pipeline, but for now people will just have to click more than once.

new topics

top topics

join