It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swedish National Charged With Hacking and Theft of Trade Secrets Related to Alleged Computer Intrusi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Swedish National Charged With Hacking and Theft of Trade Secrets Related to Alleged Computer Intrusions at NASA and Cisco

news.prnewswire.com

WASHINGTON, May 5 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Philip Gabriel Pettersson, aka "Stakkato," 21, a Swedish national, was indicted today on intrusion and trade secret theft charges, announced the Justice Department's Criminal Division and U.S. Attorney Joseph P. Russoniello for the Northern District of California.

The five-count indictment includes one intrusion count and two trade secret misappropriation counts involving Cisco Systems Inc. (Cisco), of San Jose, Calif., which is a provider of computer network equipment and producer of Internet routers. According to the allegations in the indic
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
As this is late breaking, i was unable to find further sources at this current time.

What i would like to see us if this will be reported in msm. As we can see this was no geek fooling around with some down loadable hack from a google search engine.
Obviously something is going on since both governments agreed to work together along side NASA.

This could become a new trend for the underground as the prize is second to none.

news.prnewswire.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Jepp it´s all over the newsboard in Sweden at this very moment!

"Stockholm. A 21-year-old Swede has been charged in the U.S. on suspicion of hacking in Aeronautics and Space Administration NASA and the IT company Cisco. The crimes must have been 2004.

U.S. Department of Justice would not say was 21-year-old is, but she said according to AFP that it will continue to cooperate with the Swedish authorities in the case.

From all appearances, this is a Swedish citizen from Uppsala, which in 2007 was sentenced to probation for hacking at Swedish universities and colleges."

Translated from swedish newspaper www.aftonbladet.se...
Edited translation & corrected link

[edit on 5-5-2009 by m4ng4n]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by m4ng4n]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Well from the chatter thats going on in afew chat rooms..most comments are in the form lol.@ nasa(now @ server again) ..hehe..very funny to be honest.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
i've been looking for that story in aftonbladet but can't find any swedish newspapers writing about it.

@m4ng4n the link you provided to the article doesn't work, maybe they have removed the article.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I can find articles from international newspapers about it but wouldn't swedish newspapers have an interest in it???!!!!!

Just found it in aftonbladet never mind

[edit on 5/5/09 by WorldSecrets]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
doubble post

[edit on 5/5/09 by WorldSecrets]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I doubt that they will send him over as it will create a huge problem, given that there are other serious problems there facing at the moment. But its interesting to see that so many reforms are spreading across europe in such a short time.

Im only worried if they ask me to move my server from a particular data center. Last time i did that, it cost 48hrs for delivery and setup, not a good thing when you have people relying on you. But i guess its all part of cat and mouse.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I can see that the Swede might risk up to 10 years in prison and a fine of 250,000 dollars. In November last year, I made a thread about an "amateur spy" from Romania, who was sentenced to 1 year and 4 months in prison + he had to pay NASA, US Department of Energy and the US Navy 240,000 dollars in damage. He was apparently accessing some secret files without permission. I mention it here because NASA was also involved in that case.

The Devil Cost Him 16 Months In Prison And 240,000 Dollars

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Hello,

Im sure we will see some serious attacks in the next few days as its time for an update, but as i mentioned in my earlier post, when this broke out afew hours ago the new joke on the net is nasa=now at server again, its very funny if you consider how true that is.

Anyway i posted this link in the conficker thread area regarding what they call a successful online detection, what they fail to mention is the true time frame which this was running. They do estimate as it shows 70gb of data, but i do feel its around the Terra mark. Obviously not many people realize what it means to have "70gb" of data. www.networkworld.com...

new topics

top topics

join