It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Host Michael Savage Barred from UK For 'Extreme Views'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I don't like Mike Savage and feel that's he and others like him are going to bring the wrong types of people into the freedom and truth movements , this is great press for the guy and I find it highly suspect .
Recently it seems there's been a couple of these sickophant media people who were drooling Bush supporters jumping ship into the truth movement . Me sense bad mojo !!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
It's the UK's decision who they let in their country.

Nobody complains when they keep Islamist extremists out, Savage is not much different from them IMO.

Having listened to the man occasionally, I have to wonder if they are just trying to protect their population from catching rabies from him

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I just saw on the news that Michael Savage is suing Jaqui Smith over lumping him in with murderers and terrorists.

If he doesn't win his case....he will begin a boycott of tourism to the UK.
They just interviewed him on Sky news...

That is hilarious

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
it's truly disturbing how many people cheer the hand of tyranny. censorship is all well and good until it attacks you and your view, which it will. as the UK (as well as the US) furthers their censorship efforts the people become further dumbed down. this is their plan, take away dissenting opinion that enriches debate and the people will cheer as we blind them, begging us for chain and shackle

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I am very disturbed that anyone who "just talks" is banned from anything. We ALL HAVE A RIGHT to speak about any topic we choose. A topic worth discussion, to make you think, to make you act, is the best topic there is. I am glad they have banned Savage. I think it will wake up a lot of people.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by wac5464

Fortunately...the UK has no obligation to protect the freedom of speech for non-nationals.
Countries ban non-nationals all the time from entering.

While i think this guy (savage) is a pretty lame target... i agree on the banning of the godhatesfags people.

Freedom of speech and freedom to protest is one thing....but turning up at funerals of dead soldiers just to mock and antagonize the relatives is just sick and should not be permitted in any civilized country. IMHO.

[edit on 6/5/09 by blupblup]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
BUT- How many did they BAN?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wac5464

22 i believe.

My point above yours still stands.
I'm not talking about every single one.
And the thread title refers only to Savage.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I have just watched this on the news,and I am gobsmacked that we could even put a radio jock on the same list.

As soon as they showed the shot of his website my Husband said " Well,that will be an extra million hits on his website!"

I don't know who this guy is but he really is getting a lot of publicity here in England.

On the gobsmacked thing ,after some consideration I should'nt be I guess,you can't say anything in this country without fear of offending someone,we have become a nation of doormats,who let the goverment do exactly what they want.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
It's the UK's decision who they let in their country.

Nobody complains when they keep Islamist extremists out, Savage is not much different from them IMO.

Having listened to the man occasionally, I have to wonder if they are just trying to protect their population from catching rabies from him

But it isn't the decision of the U.K's people - it's a decision made by Britain's Home Secretary.

Increasingly the British media is becoming fearful of the British government; there are big differences between the style of news reporting and government support of today and as it was only a year or two ago. It seems that the media will not speak against the government or go against its wishes without first following the example of a member of parliament. Obviously I've generalised but that said it holds true for most news reporting. I mention that because several out spoken British talk radio hosts no longer have air time to a national audiance (James Whale being one of them) and many once outspoken presenters no longer speak as freely as they did.

I can't be the only one who's fed up of watching, listening to and reading U.K news and current affairs because they're badly acted and poorly written; a little more imagination in their fiction wouldn't go amiss. At the risk of sounding absolutely barmy, I'm sure that several guests on morning programs and current affairs programs who've been purported to work in official capacities (police officers, other civil servants, charity workers...) are minor (little seen) actors; just similarity in features I'm sure but I'd be interested to know whether anyone else has thought the same crazy thoughts.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Seems the Americans are just as gob smacked as we Brits were when Cat Stevens was banned from entering the USA, he just speaks words also but with a tune, when will you folk get it, it isn't a British thing or an American thing, its a world thing.

The sooner we stop arguing over it the sooner we can get our heads around stopping all this crap, I do however agree with banning those people who protest at funerals, to be honest if they did that here, well the general public would linch them, some things just aint done.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
An update: Savage has indeed filed suit against Jacqui Smith - well, at least he has filed a 'defamation complaint' against her.

He has hammered this incident non-stop for the past two weeks on his radio show. That's his right. This is the biggest thing that has ever happened to him, and he is loving every minute of the free publicity he is getting.

He also takes the opportunity to complain about other media personalities who have not come to his defense, such as Hannity, Limbaugh, and O'Reilly. He calls them cowards, etc.

Michael Savage has long been the victim of wanting to play with and be counted among the big boys in the media, but he never seems to get invited to the party. That's because he is an embarassment to be around. He doesn't hesitate to call certain groups perverts or worse, and then he wonders why nobody wants to hang with him. To hear him talk, the only reason he is not POTUS is because he doesn't want to be. According to him, he has tens of millions of loyal listeners who would readily vote him into office, if he made the move.

Well, being a loudmouth with delusions of grandeur isn't illegal, last time I checked. After all is said and done, Smith made the wrong move. She should reverse her decision and move on to bigger fish to fry.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join