It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio Host Michael Savage Barred from UK For 'Extreme Views'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Radio Host Michael Savage Barred from UK For 'Extreme Views'

www.independent.co.uk

Sixteen people banned from entering the UK were "named and shamed" by the Home Office today.

Home Secretary Jacqui Smith said she decided to make public the names of 16 people banned since October so others could better understand what sort of behaviour Britain was not prepared to tolerate.

The list includes hate preachers, anti-gay protesters and a far- right US talk show host.

"I think it's important that people understand the sorts of values and sorts of standards that we have here, the fact that it's a privilege to come and the sort of things that mean you won't be welcome i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
As much as I dislike Michael Savage, this seems to be an outrageous move on the part of the United Kingdom.

Savage does have extreme views, but he doesn't advocate violent overthrows or anything like that. The British are in effect trying to impose 'thought control' on the world, and it is a worrying thought, pardon the pun.

Apparently Great Britain does not have an equivalent of our First Amendment. How sad. People everywhere, especially Brits, should be outraged over this.

www.independent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm not a fan of Michael"Weiner" Savage, but he is pretty funny to listen to. His views are pretty tame compared to some other conservative talk show hosts I wonder who else Britain has savaged like this. Y''know, there's already so many people on Banned and No Fly lists that soon people will have to grow wings to fly anywhere.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
thats why i'm planning to emigrate! its getting closer to 1984 than 2009 in britain this days

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Wow banned from England don't see a down side here. Guess he won't be able to say "God save the Queen." now. I'm sure he's deeply depressed about it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
England, the only country where Muslim comedians can make a mockery of their own religion and get laughter from a all-Muslim crowd.
Yet a Englishman makes a joke about why they named a entire city Islam-a-bad and they got threatened to be put in jail because of it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Beach Bum

Today, England. Tomorrow, someplace actually worth visiting.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

Yeah, don't know whether to laugh, cry ,puke or all of the above.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Guess this pretty much nixes his chances of getting a knighthood from queenie.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Its difficult to believe that a "free" nation would boldy act in such a fascist manner. We spent precious blood 70 years ago protecting the english from such evil and now they are guilty of it themselves. No matter what you may think of Savage, the freedom to say what you believe is essential to the continuation of our over all freedoms...shame on the UK for doing this...shame on anyone who may agree with their actions...freedom isnt freedom unless its freedom for all.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Rockstrongo37]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
the U.K as well as the USA seem to be targeting right wing views for destruction. im in favor of all speach i dont even think extreme islamist groups should be barred from extreme forms of speach...its not right to ban free thought. this is further evidence that major superpowers are trying to push a leftist global government, if youre going to ban "extreme speech" why not target the left right and in between? it's very disturbing that they are targeting one form of thought. if they had banned someone that was extremely in favor of gay rights the outrage would have caused the burining of london, but bully the guy in the minority and its considered a progressive move foward. absolutly disgusting

F$!% 1984

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Hal Turner is (supposedly) banned too (two years ago) but is (supposedly) going to do an illegal broadcast tomorrow.

Should be interesting.

turnerradionetwork.blogspot.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What's the big deal? I wouldn't let Mr. Savage in my yard either. His ideology or his hate speech isn't so bad but there is just something about guys that wear leather from San Francisco that make me uncomfortable.

www.youtube.com...

And Mr. Savage might should pay attention to my "No Trespassing" sign because I am well armed as he suggests in the above clip. I'm much more worried about nutcases like him than any govt. agent taking away my shotgun or .38.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
who cares what type of thing you like. if you dont like it no one forces you to listen. i dont like polka music so i dont listen to it, i dont like the MSM so i dont watch it i dont like carrots so i dont eat them. when a government bans speach or certain thought it is an extreme sign of tyrany and things to come. they dont ban extreme islamic groups from protesting and spreading their view, a spesific group and ideology that has attacked western culture, and thats fine...but instead they attack right wing views and censore those views. its freaking riddiculous, you people are going to be at fault for your own slavery and shackles, views like censorship are self defeating and will prove most suicidal in the end...will you be so happy when they start infringing on your point of view???

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
the only free speech I fear is the kind that’s against it

second line

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reopened. Never mind.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by mrwupy]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Yep - the only problem here is jacqui Smith - this woman single handedly has destroyed the Labor party in Britain she is a monstrous blight upon humanity and needs to retire.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Maybe we can get her and 17 other people banned from the U.S.
course with our government it probably wouldn't work. There are some people who shouldn't be allowed to come here but they do just fine. This woman obviously has her head up a dark smelly hole.

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Its difficult to believe that a "free" nation would boldy act in such a fascist manner. We spent precious blood 70 years ago protecting the english from such evil and now they are guilty of it themselves. No matter what you may think of Savage, the freedom to say what you believe is essential to the continuation of our over all freedoms...shame on the UK for doing this...shame on anyone who may agree with their actions...freedom isnt freedom unless its freedom for all.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Rockstrongo37]

Whilst I agree that if true this absolutely stinks and is typical of this increasingly repressive and authoritarian government but why on earth do American's trot out the ridiculously untrue but now predictable LIE that you fought for our freedom at any given any opportunity?
Germany declared war on America, the US spent 2 years profiteering from the war by supplying both sides, the UK stood alone for 2 long years with only our trusty Commonwealth friends standing by our sides.
Australia, New Zealand, Canada; true friends and allies.

The US only fought for one reason; because it had to.
Yes, a lot of brave US soldiers died, I respect that and do notwish to sully their memory by entering into petty arguements but please try to look at history objectively.

On topic, this is typical of our current government who seem to be pandering to PC do-gooders at every opportunity.
It seems that anyone right of centre is deemed undesirable yet any Muslim terrorist is allowed to spought their evil teachings at will.

A bigger example of the despicable behaviour of our government is the treatment of Gurkha's who have proudly fought for this country for centuries and are denied so many rights.

This government is absolutely despised by so many sections of British society, unfortunatley the current alternatives seem equally corrupt, insipid and politically correct.

I despair for my country and see only misery ahead!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I really don't understand why England, or one member of the labour party would come out against Michael Savage.

He is bar far not the most popular, or most extreme person on talk radio.

I think the problem is he doesn't follow the talking points of either party, this makes him dangerous.

From what I know about English law, he may have a good suit against the government in that he is compared to murders and terrorists.

Good Luck to Michael Savage . Also, good luck to England it looks like you need it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join