It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earning points....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

thanks! yeah i definitely need to start getting some original posts together, i tend to get very caught up in the posts that i reply to

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

You're doing good BP, been here three days and you got 73 posts, I'd say just keep doing what feels comfortable.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
lol, thanks man, its not hard though when i work 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, sometimes 7 days just manning this equipment!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

Hey not bad 5000 in a few days you're doing great.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
thanks man, twitter definitely helps....also the fact that i have lurked for holy crap...since like Apr. 07

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I've gotten most of my point through hard researched threads and just being truthful in my responses to everyone else.

Plus a podcast here and there.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Mine are mostly posting threads and getting applause from the research I've done on those threads.
I haven't twittered or podcast maybe I should.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I do not see the big deal with points?

for me its about the information as slayer pointed out just make good info available for others to read..

I always star or flag something i find interesting and give other posters stars for comments i agree with

points never mattered to me and still don't

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
reply to post by Moonsouljah

If you want to earn points then write thought provoking articles or bring current events to the forum.

Up the following:
Flags: 15
Stars: 222

Those numbers need to go up and writing articles helps. Especially since if admins applaud your effort for 500 points each. Note my flags, stars and applause for my post count.

Not everyone is a writer. Not all of us scour the net for the "gossipiest of gossip"/"truth with a hint of drama" and thus not all of us will get the results of posting a great thread. I see people make some brilliant threads that go hardly noticed while the ones that prey on the imaginations and gullibility of some, gain enormous amounts of points.

It's a bit strange, to have a quadrant of the forums off limits unless you have a certain amount of points, when it's most likely those who do elicit emotive responses knowing they will get results, get in after 2 months being here.

Which I will now NOT comment on the new club in town, cough250cough..

Some of us have only the points made by contributing subtle opinions in certain threads over a long time. And those are hard earned, imo.

Perhaps we are not of the quality required to deserve such treats, but then I feel that creates a caste system rather than an online community. My opinion only, I insist.

It has miffed me in the past that the obvious charlatans can outweigh the honest commenter.

But points are not what I peruse ATS for. It would be nice to sneak under the door of RATS though, see what the buggers are up to in there...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
yes, I'm new to this concept.. why the big to-do on points?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've often wondered how many points getting a star earns you...anyone know ? Just curious

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I read something about contests in the points FAQ..... I've been floating around for a while now and haven't seen any contests. Sounds fun, what's the deal? lol

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Points are know big deal.

Bring back the old system, I want stars and resistance levels!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There are many forum sites all over the net that do not measure and control each members posts with pointers, and awards. I do find it a discouraging feature on ATS as I am here for interesting news on a variety of topics especially alternative subjects. Being judged and knowing you are amongst strong competitors is "offputting" -to say the least. I am not here to gain Points, rather to gain "Insight and Knowlege." edit to add: I noticed I didn"t even score 1 point for this point doesn't surprise me what gives? Thank you ATS.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by embedded]

[edit on 15-5-2009 by embedded]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by embedded

Nobody is going to ban you yet.
I noticed you have 0 posts and you seem to wonder why nobody stars you?

Find a topic you like or know more than most and create a well thought out post I'm sure you'll find like minded people and some not so like minded people then you can argue with them and then get banned if you choose to not follow the rules.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join