It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First known internal US military reaction to H1N1???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The military is either taking this virus seriously, or wants to "appear" to take it seriously:

...the U.S. Navy said it has canceled the deployment of one of its ships because of a number of possible cases of swine flu.

The USS Dubuque, an amphibious transport dock ship, was due to deploy June 1 to the South Pacific on a humanitarian mission, according to Cmdr. Joseph Surette, a Navy spokesman.

He said there was one confirmed case of H1N1 virus and 49 possible other cases among crew members over the past several days. The 50 crew members are off the ship recovering and being given Tamiflu medication, Surette said.

The ship is being scrubbed and disinfected, and the remaining 370 crew members are being given Tamiflu as a precaution, according to Surette.

www.cnn.com...

One would think that after decontaminating it now, it would be OK to deploy in June??? Maybe a humanitarian mission to the Southern Hemisphere during their winter isn't worth the risk??? HA!

~

[edit on 5-5-2009 by sonjah1]

[edit on 5-5-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
My first reaction was to question wether they were actually given Tamiflu or are they unknowing test subjects for other meds.

They are easily contained and studied and if I remember right military members do not have to be told what they're given or why. Just a thought.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rollinoffset

So true, they become slaves when they enlist...and this virus would be the perfect chance for the military to contain, experiment, etc. while looking like the "good guys" for "protecting" them.

OR if given tamiflu then that's more distributed for the supposed quickly approaching expiration date on them, not to mention the tamiflu dangers, etc.

~

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Holy crap, seriously already, I have to buy some stock in these Tamiflu manufacturers. These people are marketing geneouses, and with free government advertising no less! Instead of speculating on all these conspiracies we'd probably be better off getting IN on them.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

It makes you wonder because here in Cali, they are readily giving *amiflu to anyone who comes within 6 feet of a probable "case," and the state went ahead and distributed 9 MILLION doses to the individual counties to give as they see fit given the # of infections in the SW US

~

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
So, fellow ATS friends... what do you think?

1) US military is truly taking H1N1 seriously?

2) US military is "appearing" to take H1N1 seriously?

3) US military is using this as an opportunity to conduct experiments on those on the vessel?

4) US military is advertising tamiflu?

5) Asia is prohibiting military/other cargo from their territory? If so, for what reason(s)?

~s of j

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Definetly not #1. If they had any kind of serious problem they would never publicize that info.

#2 is quite likely. But why put on the show? What do they have to gain? Any insight as to motivation would be appriciated.

#3 has my vote. But seems to me that they still wouldn't want this to be looked into very closely.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

#3 has my vote. But seems to me that they still wouldn't want this to be looked into very closely.

So why would they publicize it all, I wonder? Idea(s)?

~sj

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Maybe a leak and they had to come to a quick cover that killed two birds. Make it look like they care on one hand and also test H1N1 spread and recovery at the same time.

Possibly a complete misdirection that has nothing to do with H1N1. They might have needed to cover the cancelation of some other mission dealing with that ship or some of it's crew.

Maybe they're allready testing for the next adaptation of H1N1 with a new anti-viral on a choice isolated group of subjects.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I want a quick answer with all of the uncertainty (sounds like I'm buying into "their" scheme, but I'm really sitting on the fence) but I guess only time will tell.

If I weren't new to this I'd star the above posting...but I gotta go research how to do that.

In the meantime, again,:

So, fellow ATS friends... what do you think?

1) US military is truly taking H1N1 seriously?

2) US military is "appearing" to take H1N1 seriously?

3) US military is using this as an opportunity to conduct experiments on those on the vessel?

4) US military is advertising tamiflu?

5) Asia is prohibiting military/other cargo from their territory? If so, for what reason(s)?

~s of j

[edit on 6-5-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Sonjah-

Looks like the military is infected (as in 1917-20, during WW1) But, of course, we should all remain passive and calm.......never mind the soldiers in Kansas or the marines at 29 Palms who are also under quarantine.......I think we see Level 6 in 2-4 days.

Thoughts?
www.cnn.com...

top topics

join