It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E Pluribus Duo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
www.zogby.com...

www.blinne.org...

We are two countries, more divided than any time since the Civil War. I just heard a speech by Zogby in which he was talking about the vast difference between the Blue states and the Red states. 55 percent of Red state voters attend religious services as opposed to 32 percent of Blue state voters. Over 60 percent of Red State voters own a gun as opposed to 29 percent of Blue State voters.

People from both kinds of states want a "moral" president, but they have different idea of what is moral. Reds see morality as black and white, good vs evil. Blues see morality as more of a don't hurt me and I won't hurt you type of thing.

Anyway, face it, we are split. We have huge, irreconcilable differences. Can we really get along? Should we?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 07:57 AM
link   
A coalition of Independant States? I mean in theory, the States is an amalgamation of many different countries.

That why the name of the place is 'The United States of America' commonly shortened for some reason to just America, which is incorrect. Canada is Canada of America, Brazil is Brazil of America, Mexico is Mexico of America. Well, you get the picture.

dz

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ninjorp
A coalition of Independant States? I mean in theory, the States is an amalgamation of many different countries.

That why the name of the place is 'The United States of America' commonly shortened for some reason to just America, which is incorrect. Canada is Canada of America, Brazil is Brazil of America, Mexico is Mexico of America. Well, you get the picture.

You know I never even thought of it that way. It makes sense. I just never realized so.

join