It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do I get so scared? (Meditation)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
So, I haven't been meditating very long, about as long as I have been awaken. Which is only a few months. I have been using audio techniques near bedtime to help me along.

It has helped me begin to quiet my mind, but as soon as I begin to daydream, my body starts to feel very light, and I immediately have to open my eyes in terror.

I feel this is normal, and overcomming this fear is part of the process. Am I going to fast? Am I not prepared for what my imagination wants to show me? I know I shouldn't have any fears, but knowing and doing are two seperate things. It is like my brainwashed mind wants to associate the unknown with demons and devils.

Since doing this, my dreams have been the most epic wonderful works of art I have ever experienced.

What is going to set my mind at ease? Any suggestions?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hi Sticky

You have to know that nothing can hurt you.

I feel this is normal, and overcomming this fear is part of the process. Am I going to fast? Am I not prepared for what my imagination wants to show me? I know I shouldn't have any fears, but knowing and doing are two seperate things. It is like my brainwashed mind wants to associate the unknown with demons and devils.

Could it be that you have given yourself ideas about negative things, things that you may not understand fully and therefore fear going into a deeply relaxed state where you perceive you might not be in control.

Even during sleep, meditation or anything you do in life you are in control of yourself always.... its your life youre living, so you are the only pilot. You have to believe that.

Do you do any rituals before you meditate? ie surround yourself with light, boundaries etc to seal out negative thoughts and energy. This may help if you are not doing anything now.

Have a great day

themuse

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wish to share this with you, as I feel that good people do not know how to handle the dark forces at this time. Your fear is justified, know your enemy and realize that you can disarm evil. I posted some videos from Michael Tsarion in the media section, you should watch, and maybe you will find this far fetched, but it is quite real - I know through experience. Enjoy! l

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 5-5-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
So, I haven't been meditating very long, about as long as I have been awaken. Which is only a few months. I have been using audio techniques near bedtime to help me along.

It has helped me begin to quiet my mind, but as soon as I begin to daydream, my body starts to feel very light, and I immediately have to open my eyes in terror.

Since doing this, my dreams have been the most epic wonderful works of art I have ever experienced.

What is going to set my mind at ease? Any suggestions?

One thing which is a given, not being afraid, this is release, no fear of death, what is worst thing could happen anyway.
In Tibet they teach if you dream of fire, you step into the fire, put it out what ever, but you do not fear it, if you dream of monster stop ask monster, why it has problem it has.
As for demons I have met a few, I would not worry about demons, just don't open doors for them.
Get past the fear thing you will be amazed at what you can do.
If your really worried you could suround yourself with circles of protection, grounding.
One other thing don't get all wound up with what you see , just observe.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

To help set your mind at ease... I do this every night and every time I can take a nap. I understand your fear - It was a little creapy and scary at first for me. (back in the day when I called it meditation). Some pretty bazare and freaky things happened - I got scared and quit. It remained creapy and scary and I refused to "go there" any more until I went back to school to master NLP and hypnosis. It was then that I realised/learned that nothing is going to happen to my body physicaly, and my mind is completely intact and doing nothing abnormal... and actualy it is healthy for both my body and mind.

Hope this makes you feel better. Just remember to LET things happen, don't continue to TRY to go under, deeper, etc. You don't have to go far, just far enough that your mind wonders and you can be a witness to the wonderings of the mind as apposed to trying not to think, or thinking about the thoughts that flow through etc.

U2U me if you need to, I'll try to keep track of this thread.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Intresting for me that this radio show was done just a few days ago. Thanks for the links Hula!!

I swear that things I once never believed in, are guiding me right now. I live with goosebumbs or chills almost 10% of the time I am awake (not sleeping). Rarely I have shed a few tears for no reason. Wish me good thoughts for this journey. Thanks for the first replies.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by sticky]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
as a disclaimer: im no expert. but maybe its in the meditation technique. could you walk me through it? be elaborate. like how you sit, how you breathe. where is your awareness focused on your body and what is your mind focused on?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by just_another_yourself

(written after most of my reply)
..... I should go back further, I was a vivid daydreamer up untill the age of about 6, with a near photographic memory that I still have now. I lost the ability to daydream, as so many do. I guess those experiences as a small boy, were always my reason for believing that the mind was the greatest power in the universe. Until my early 20's I never believed in god or religion. (ok.. so this takes us to the middle 20's)

I started with candle focus, sitting on a pillow, legs crossed and index or middle finger touching. Trying to quiet my mind. Doing this I never reached anything but (I feel like a nut right now). I had done that off and on for a few years, mostly during and after my many trips to the far east.

I admired the mental state of the Chinese people so much being there. 10 times the population density, with less gridlock, less agression, more human awarness, thoughtfulness. This led to the beginning stages of enlightment.

My business trips ended late 2005 with a 7 month stay in Kaohsuing Taiwan. During that last visit, I was attacked by an entity, the Succubus I guess, which I had no real knowledge of before it happened. Twice pinned to my bed, while awakening from sleep. The signs were all around me in the room later I recollected, It had such an affect on me, I actually moved during that 7 month stay. This experience opened my eyes to the spirit world.

Here we are, 2009, and a whole bunch has changed in my life. I am purely using sound techniques now, mostly because I had failed the normal way. The second night I put the headphones on, I felt the sensation that I was about to float right out of my body. I have been stuck there ever since, because I am too afraid to let go. I can get there quite quickly, and very repetitively now.

I have always felt (not rationally thought) that ascension was my entire life's goal, and that the comming events to unfold, I had a major role in. I broke up with a girlfriend of 8 years over me telling her, I don't need anything in this world, well she wanted stability, a family, ect.... Maybe unrelated, but it makes quite a bit of sense to me now. I am free of children, responsibility, and my only real concern is the future of mankind.

It is pretty crazy to feel this way.... Yah, for sure.

Enough about how I got here, the answer to your question is that I lay down, in the most comfortable position to me, legs crossed, and arms crossed one hand over the other on my chest, like a vampire I guess, headphones on, eyes closed. I try to think of nothing, focus on the sounds, and slightly push my eyes up and focus inbetween my eyebrows. I focus on the blackness and what seems to me is molecules of light that exist within my closed eyes, or stars being born inside my eyelids. After about 10-15 minute intervals. I have to briskly open my eyes, It feels like my body loses gravity. This is when I get scared. I have never been on any substance anytime near or during these experiences.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by sticky]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Is there something in your life...your actions and/or your thoughts...that would attract demons to you as well as something perhaps that our loving, omnipotent Creator would see as not being in anyone's best interest? If so then start making a conscious effort to curtail it. Then watch your spirit soar!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
My wonderful mother-in-law also meditates, she goes into moments of bliss and attains overwhelming feelings of love, but she also has that feeling of fear, she admitted to me last week. War and genocide is a direct attack to the female principle, and the Natural Human. Any sentient being right now should be feeling this fear...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i U2U'd this to you too incase you pass it up here. but then again that even renders writing this disclaimer pointless. HA!

hey bud im sorry it took me a few days. im sure the concern is still relevant. throughout the entire reading, one portion jumped right out at me. i believe your meditation goes the way it does mainly because you pull your eyes up and toward your 3rd eye. i found this to be very powerful and drastically effect my breathing. it feels like i am spontaneously awakening kundalini, which sounds great n all but it is overwhelming and i start to feel like there is something else there in the room. it also makes me feel frightened. and my body goes numb too, i cant tell the boundaries of my body and the world. im not sure what chemical reactions would be going on in the brain to cause this, but all these sensations are there every time.

try to meditate and focus on your diaphragm the whole time instead. notice the expansion and contraction of it and the stillness in your chest. apparently looking slightly down calms the mind and by focusing on the diaphragm, you naturally do just that.

apparently looking up at the third eye subtley is one of the best techniques for opening the third eye, but you dont want to do this unless you are completely comfortable and free of fear, this could damage it...so ive read. not first hand. i apologize.

well please be in touch and let me know how it goes. aside from that, me and you share the same meditation borther.

in lak'ech

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I meditate before I fall asleep for at least about an hour I guess. I make sure I stay awake until eventually I just let myself fall asleep. After an hour usually.

Weird things will happen, I'll hear sounds, music, breathing (not my own), and sometimes a strong physical force, you will feel it, but it does not cause much pain. (this does not happen suring normal meditation, just the few minutes before you fall asleep.)

I've gotten use to it now, but yes it would freak me out at first.

Nothing can really hurt you, it's your fear that makes it worse.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by CrygSol]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by CrygSol]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CrygSol

You should listen to what I posted up top - you are not alone in feeling this dark energy.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I had posted a thread on something similar to this awhile back. When I meditate sometimes I get a feeling of some other presence and it's never a good one. I would sometimes see images of gruesome things like blood and mutilated bodies. I never had an actual auditory or visual experience, but I got the feeling that something was laughing at me.

I do watch alot of horror movies so I don't know if these are just things left over in my subconcious or if something is showing these things to me to frighten me.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mav3rick

This use to happen to me when I was younger, it's the fear that does it.

It's a like a slideshow right? Of the most terrible images you could ever imagine. Dead bodies, burning babies, and it never stops, just one image after the other.

I'll tell you, that once the fear left from me, this stopped completley, and I could control what I wanted to see.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Mav3rick

Double Post.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by CrygSol]

top topics

join