It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
posted by Gawdzilla
There's another possibility. It's just fabricated stories to amuse people. If I were a betting man I'd put money on that one.
It isn't debunking. It is called thinking and common sense.
NABONIDUS HI, B
1. I (am) the lady Adda-guppi’, mother
2. of Nabium-na’id, king of Babylon,
3. votaress of the gods Sin, Nin-gal, Nusku, and Sadarnunna, my deities
5. who, from my childhood, have sought after
6. their godheads. Whereas in the i6th year of Nabopolassar,
7. king of Babylon, Sin, king of the gods, with his city
8. and his temple was angry and went up to heaven-the city and
9. the people that (were) in it went to ruin.
10. (Now) forasmuch as the shrines of Sin, Nin-gal, Nusku,
11. and Sadarnunna I sought after and was worshipper of their godhead,
12. (and) that I laid hold on the hem of the robe of Sin, king of the gods, night and daytime
13. I had ever in mind his great godhead@aily, without ceaSing,
14. of Sin, gamag, Igtar, and Adda, so long as I am alive,
15. I (am) their votaress (both) in heaven and earth. My blesSings,
16. the goodly things which they gave me, I (too) by day, night, month, and year, gave (back) to them.
17. I laid hold on the hem of the robe of Sin, king of the gods, night and daytime
18. my two eyes were with him, in prayer and humility of face
19. was I bowed before them (and) thus (I prayed), " May thy return
20. to thy city be (vouchsafed) to me, that the people, the black-headed,
21. may worship thy great godhead." For calming
22. the heart of my god and my goddess, a dress of fine wool, jewels,
23- silver, gold, a new shift, perfumes, sweet oil,
24. 1 applied not to my body, (but in) a torn shift
25- I went clothed, my goings-out were noiseless, I proclaimed
26. their praises : the glory of my city and of my goddess
27. was (ever) set in my heart, I kept watch upon them,
28. anything good of mine I did not omit, but carried it (ever) before them.
29. From the 2oth year of Assurbanipal, king of Assyria, that I was born (in)
30. until the 42nd year of Assurbanipal, the 3rd year of Asur-etillu-ili,
31 .his son, the 2 I St year of Nabopolassar, the 43rd year of Nebuchadrezzar,
32. the 2nd year of Awel-Marduk, the 4th year of Neriglissar,
33. in 95 years of the god Sin, king of the gods of heaven and earth,
34. (in) which I sought after the shrines of his great godhead,
35. (for) my good doings he looked upon me with a smile
36. he heard my prayers, he granted my saying, the wrath
37. of his heart calmed. Towards E-hul-hul the temple of Sin
38. which (is) in Harran, the abode of his heart’s delight, he was reconciled, he had
39. regard. Sin, king of the gods, looked upon me and
40. Nabu-na’id (my) only son, the issue of my womb, to the kingship
41. he called, and the kingship of Sumer and Akkad
42. from the border of Egypt (on) the upper sea even to the lower sea
43. all the lands he entrusted hither
44. to his hands. My two hands I lifted up and to Sin, king of the gods,
45. reverently with imploration [(I prayed) thus, " Nabu-na’id
46. (my) son, offspring of my womb, beloved of his mother,]
Originally posted by Gawdzilla
Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by warrenb
Well that's a statue of the Sumerian goddess Ishtar.
Actually, it's a carving. And it's a fraud, photoshopped. The source is a supermarket tabloid that has ceased print and gone to Web only.
I think the article debunked itselfI was all excited at first now i dont know what to think this would be a good way to leak TRUE info.
Geologist Dr. Morris Charles revealed last week that NASA lab workers chipped the angel from one of the rocks brought to Earth