It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dschis

What you found was articles by Charles Morris, not Dr. Morris Charles (the guy in the article). Charles Morris does not have a doctorate (not Dr.) and is not a geologist.

quest.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Please keep in mind the forum in which this thread resides....

ATS SKUNKWORKS

This forum is dedicated to the all-important highly speculative topics that may not be substantiated by many, if any facts and span the spectrum of topics discussed on ATS. Readers and users should be aware that extreme theories without corroboration are embraced in this forum.

don't forget the MIB read tabloid stories like this too

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It always amazes me that no matter how ridiculous a topic is, there are always boatloads of people who are willing to believe it.
That's the most incredible thing about this thread!
Good-bye science! Hello hearsay!
Since when was a website called, "The Crit" a world-reknowned expert on all things NASA? Did anyone happen to notice that the angel seems to be photoshopped into the hand of the "scientist" depicted in the image? I wonder if the original story came from "The Onion"? Maybe it's an Onion clone of some sort...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Anyone think that perhaps this statue was produced by chance, a chip off an asteroid impact perhaps, which miraculously configured itself into a statue with near perfect proportion? This would be such a massive blow to intelligent design if true. Think about the implications of random chance creating something so seemingly intricate. Aristotle's final form would be completely nullified.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cognoscente

An entirely reasonable proposal. There are many examples of natural processes producing unnaturally accurate representations of life and of made things. Look at Mars for example.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Expect tons of this stuff between now and june. Its the time when manufactures of games, movie producers, crop circle and ufo hoaxers plow their wares, via virals, faked photos., and documents., along and armies of sockpuppets to push them right in our forums.
The Appollo Moon hoax and Mona lisa figure, , Santilli, Reeds and others even though universally found to be hoaxes, keep creeping back in looking for new victims.

The drone hoax as an example, has pointers to both a movie studio warners fox Terminator chronicals and PC maker..both having merchandised in past movies.
Someone earlier said ATS has a rep of being gullible, on the contrary!!, I am a member of several sites, some hostile to ATS simply because of its strong Skeptic streak. , and the critical thinking skills of its members. Unsurprisingly enough, the hoaxers like coming to easy going, se la vi sites, some even work out deals with them. So we are fortunate, that despite skepticism, people bring this stuff in, so it can be scrutinized..This is a good thing.

The OP put a an interesting article. Now..sometimes its hard to research everything an article states, so thats the purpose of bringing it in here
Vetting the sources by alert and fellow..members, is exactly what needs to be done. Not just impulse buy the merchandise. Would you buy a house mearly o a real estate agents showing you a picture, and not take you to the house? Of course not. But its been done, lots and lots of times.

Unlike Earthfiles and C2c, that don't vet their guests, and have unleashed untold numbers of quacks ond hucksters on us, by simply NOT doing a google check at the least, Ats members have indeed debunked a lot of stuff, to our collective benefit.

Its 2012 coming on us and I can assure you people are being prepped up and worked over with apocalyptic hype /crap.

People forget what Courtney brown and Art bell our heroes did in Haley bop..someone bought the spaceship behind the Haley Bop comet woof tickets, and 30 odd young people committed suicide. Heavens Gate. Indeed.

So I hope the ops arent too disturbed when the thing is exposed. Its not personal, I am sure..But it has to be done.

Especially when you have people being told not to take vaccines, the gubbamint about to herd us into camps, whittle down Earths population, don't trust anyone, and head for the hills..
Its little debunkers and skeptics, that are the line between sanity and insanity.

Regards.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Sys_Config]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n
I´m so feed up with the debunkers spoiling every good tread...

Why not debunk it?

Did you saw the real source for the article?

Far from credible, and they also bring a magic name to the table -- Zecharia Sitchin -- that shouldn't be mentioned in any serious science related article.

Sorry... but it's a hoax.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thomas_

And yet another one who doesn´t read full threads...

Last response...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by m4ng4n

What would you prefer then?

If 'debunkers' left every half-baked thread based on hoaxes like this one alone then the entire board would be 10X more ignorant and outlandish than it is now.

It isn't debunking. It is called thinking and common sense.

Just because some are willing to wallow in ignorance does not mean everyone else should be subjected to the same. The truth (SHOULD) take precedent over a strong desire to believe in something.

In this case, the truth is the article was an obvious hoax and many believers are still discussing it as if it is gospel.

I don't know whether there was a 200,000 year old society living on the moon. The fact is this article is not proof of it... or proof of anything.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Did I miss something here? The actual article on thecrit website states it was written by thecrit. Does that mean that that website is associated with bogus articles or just what does that mean? Check some of their other articles out too and see if you think that they need to write hoax articles to attract readers to their other offerings.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Let's all note that these are only a few of the bogus stories spewed from weekly world news;

-Winged baby boy
-Vampire Child
-Talking alien skull who speaks of his home planet
-The band of mutants, one has 6 fingers and plays the guiter, another has 3 large fingers... etc they all play in a band and are apparently more skilled because of their mutations. This is all i can remember and they're from the last time i read a weekly world news mag, that was somewhere near the year 1996.

There's an entire barrage of ridiculous stories packed inside of every issue of weekly world news. A quick search of the internet regarding it will tell you that its main purpose is to parrody sensationalist stories.

Sorry folks, but us rational people cannot by any means let you believe any story covered in that magazine without support from at least one other source.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The Batboy logo has been removed from the photo in the OP link. Clearly an attempt at fraud.

Using Morris Charles is also fraud. The NASA scientist is Charles Morris not Morris Charles.

It has been twenty years or more ago, but lots of illiterates used to believe the Weekly World News was real. One night either on 20/20, 60 Minutes or a similar program they had on the Publisher of the rag and another hoaxer they thought they had caught. The Publisher when asked said matter of factly the Weekly World News is an Adult Comic Book and we can't help it if people don't know that. It floored the Investigative Reporter who expected a lie.

Who removed the logo in the article? OP is that your website?

Where are the hoax labels on the title to this thread?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Please keep in mind the forum in which this thread resides....

ATS SKUNKWORKS

Does that apply to obvious hoaxes? If so, why?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a few things guys

1. i usually don't pay much attention to the UFO and Skunkworks threads ....no particular reason besides i'm more interested in other topics

2. IT amuses me that people (esp. "debunkers" think that IF a Scientific "breakthrough" occured that had the ablity to prove that there was intelligent life prior to the current accepted and taught story......that

a/ it would see the light of day in the MSM news

b/ officials wouldn't label it a threat to national security (due to abiity to disrupt society.....should the foundation of some major beliefs be all of a sudden shaken

so anyway .........continue on

and yes i think this story is nonsense......but one must remember not to throw the baby out with the bathwater in other example's......that happens too much as well

i wonder what Dr. Ken Johnston would have to say

[edit on 5-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sys_Config
Expect tons of this stuff between now and june. Its the time when manufactures of games, movie producers, crop circle and ufo hoaxers plow their wares, via virals, faked photos., and documents., along and armies of sockpuppets to push them right in our forums.

No doubt that is true, but in this case? I think it is a Pirated article, posted without permission by an obvious hoaxer. I doubt the Publisher of Weekly World News is aware of the copyright infringement, YET

Then after it is pointed out here the image is cropped to remove the logo?

There is no citation or credit to the Weekly World News on that site.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Does that mean that the Weekly World News or whoever owns them also owns thecrit website? Do you really know or are you just pretending?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

You know what the real rub is? If I were to try to 'hide' something from the public, I'd work hard to have it published in WWN, and Pravda. With full details, with fictional names. That way it would be dismissed by rational people as a hoax.

That doesn't make anything they publish any more legitimate, but it would be a dirty way of covering something up.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Photo-shopped.

Blow it up full screen and it's obvious.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by michial

Do you see citation anywhere and why would the Weekly World News crop their own logo?

I'm in Marketing and own a Marketing Agency in fact. The Weekly World News while silly is big business. It has one of the largest distribution numbers out there. Ask them what full color on the back page would cost you and you will choke on the number.

I don't know for a fact but I do know that if the logo was cropped it was for a reason. If that site is owned by the same Publisher there would be logo's and citation all over the place.

If I'm wrong, show me and I'll concede. As far as the WWN being an adult comic book of that I'm sure and I recall the interview I mentioned clearly. It was in the mid-1980's I think.

People back then also believed Professional Wrestling was real even though they all belonged to the Actors Guild
Hope I have not burst anyones balloons.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

I think the mere fact that Sitchin is referenced will cause many to discount the information.

I read it with an open mind, and hope that additional corroborating evidence comes out so we can openly discuss these things without debunkers OR dis-info agents coming out of the woodwork.

Great find OP.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join