It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Ive been thinking this must be a plant article by the mods to catch all the trolls in one net
if so please be aware I am not a troll but think this is the type of article that sets ATS back by 2 years. I am happy to add my debunker skills when needed however there is no need in this case. Stevie Wonder could see that this is fake

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Not sure if this helps this one prove anything but in the book "Early Geology and Geography" theres an article edited by a geologist named morris charles and not the other way around according to this site

samizdat.stores.yahoo.net...

If you read the table of contents the last article in geography about san francisco is edited by him.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by seangkt]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

geologists estimate the sculpture to be 200,000 years old which means it was made 170,000 years before the human species appeared on Earth.

source

This only means that the material could be old and was formed then, not that it could have been carved that long ago.

If I carved a rock today, was it carved when the rock was formed?

[edit on 5/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

It's bogus the story originates from a tabloid.
weeklyworldnews.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Aw man... sometimes it really stinks being so gullible. It IS rather amusing watching my own excitement being sapped from me, post by post, till at the end I'm left a worthless shell. Thank you debunkinators for keepin it real.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by m4ng4n
I´m so feed up with the debunkers spoiling every good tread...

IF YOU´RE NOT INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT WHY BOTHER POSTING?!!

Sorry but I have to raise this issue. Comments like the one above show where illogical reasoning, emotions and living in la-la land can overwhelm some peoples real desire for knowing the truth. I want to believe but I dont want to believe crap. I'm not prepared to read Lord of the Rings and then pretend it's real just because it sounds cool. Im not schizophrenic, I can distinguish imagination from reality. I have no desire to do otherwise, therefore I appreciate people who expose the truth, be it debunkers, UFOlogists, conspiracy theorists, whatever.

Saids who? Did we appear on earth 30,000 years ago?
If this is a real artifact I for one have no problem with the fact that it was manmade but it feels a little bit contradictory to debunk and raise the question of it´s origin in the same sentence...

Considering the article is 100% made up silliness to allow the author to expirement with writing styles, creativity, whatever his reason, your comment isn't relevant anymore.

Not trying to attack you I just like to enlighten.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Too bad the whole moon landing hoax theory has had about a gazillion holes shot through it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

geologists estimate the sculpture to be 200,000 years old which means it was made 170,000 years before the human species appeared on Earth.

source

This only means that the material could be old and was made then, not that it could have been made that long ago.

If I carved a rock today, was it carved when the rock was formed?

I vaguely recall that rock changes somewhat it's exposed to air. The longer the surface is exposed, the greater the change, of course. So it is possible to roughly date a carved stone. (And I may be wrong about that, it may depend on the type of stone.)

And it would certainly be a somewhat different matter in a vacuum.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

The angel - a humanoid female with wing-like appendages on her back and long flowing hair - is made of an iron compound found exclusively in the highlands of the moon.
[From OP's "news" source]

But we won't tell you anything specific about this exotic alloy found only on the moon - it's more mysterious this way...

It’s been hand polished to a silvery metallic sheen. Based on chemical analysis of the metal, geologists estimate the sculpture to be 200,000 years old which means it was made 170,000 years before the human species appeared on Earth.

What geologists? About whom are we speaking? So the age of the rock is 200,000 and that instantly means that it had to have carved at the same time. That's some water tight logic! Good going, unidentified geologists!

It’s been examined by art experts who concur with Dr. Charles’ appraisal of the culture that produced it.

Again. Who are these experts?

“Clearly these beings had a sense of religion that parallels our Christianity.

Yes that "must" be the answer. It couldn't be from any one of the many religions older than Christianity which also had winged humans replete through out.

Hey that's a question, since humans weren't around, why is the figure clearly human with the exception of the wings?

Perhaps they had a Jesus of their own,

It wouldn't surprise me. Just about every religion had a Jesus of their own.

proving that the important spiritual principles are, in a very literal sense, universal,” said a Washington anthropologist.

"A" Washington anthropologist?

While many ponder the significance of the figure, others are curious about why it has remained a secret for so long. “The artifact has been common knowledge among NASA insiders for years,” said Dr. Charles. “But space agency higher-ups have kept the information highly classified, fearing world-wide panic. It was smuggled out to me by persons who must, for obvious reasons, remain anonymous.”

Gosh, that is convenient!

NASA officially denies Dr. Charles’ allegations. The statue was displayed to photographers and newsmen but is now being held for further study at an undisclosed location.

Wow, doubly convenient! This is amazing.

Astronauts of Antiquity

Well, obviously. If there were "moon-people", they'd had to have visited the Sumerians. Just had too, I tells ya.

Well I don't know about you guys but I am convinced!

Off to go spread the good news of Jesus, a Jewish Zombie, and his winged fairy friends that were friends with the Annunuki, the people from waaay back who lived on the moon - not a moonbase mind you but the moon itself when it had an atmosphere and was rife with life, very sneaky life who cleaned themselves away after they died so we wouldn't have a spoiled view of a pristine, empty, baron moon surface. Now, THAT'S courtesy!

Praise be to Jebus!

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
This reminds of that Simpsons episode where Lisa finds a skeleton of an angel on an archaelogical dig.

Remember that one? Turns out it was a big ruse so some corporate knobs could get publicity for their new shopping mall.

Maybe they're opening up a new mall on the moon?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I´m so feed up with the debunkers spoiling every good tread...

IF YOU´RE NOT INTERESTED IN THE SUBJECT WHY BOTHER POSTING?!!

With that said I for one is interested in the subject of ancient and lost civilizations even if I think this is a too great evidence to be truth.

But on the other hand I´m also a believer that there actually are remains of an offspring to our older civilization on the moon so why shouldn´t there be artifacts from the very same inhabitants?

Like this one for example;
www.blinkx.com...

It's from the Weekly World News, the WWN makes the National Enquirer look like the paragon of investigative journalism. Pravda has more legitimacy than the WWN.

And you link the hoaxed 'Apollo 20' video? Come on, it's a known hoax, and poorly done. If there were an actual craft, city, or other artifact on the moon, there would be a literal race to get there, and probably scattered dead bodies on the moon in the aftermath. All capable countries would be in such a rush to get there that there would be no room for secrecy.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Yeah as much as I would like to believe this story was real the angel in the picture when zoomed in looks to pixelated compared to rest of image and the fact you really cant find anything about a famed geologist named morris charles besides the post i just wrote kinda makes me lean more towards fake. The first picture I saw did not have the batboy image in the corner thought I was going crazy not seeing it haha.

The fact that the rock is supposedly moon exclusive doesn't mean much....
If anything I can picture "Hey man I got this moon rock lets carve it into an angel and get a good laugh at how many people believe its from an alien race."
Not saying this is the scenario, as I am a full blown beliver in ufo's and alien life, but I can see it going down like that.

So yeah until there is more proof or a bigger, more reliable source does a story on the subject I'm not getting my hopes up.

RIGHT ON JIMMY!!!! Right on!........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
How credible is this source? I can get slaughtered here for not just blindly believing this. But I have never heard of "The Crit" and even if I had, how can I tell this is not just someone saying this and it being a hoax? I mean, let's face it, hoaxes are everywhere. I am a web-designer myself and I could make a believable website that said anything at all. It wouldn't make it real though. Any credible sites that validate this? I don't know.......NASA.GOV for instance?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OK...this one gave me a good laugh. I'm not sure why all this goofy stuff is happening now. I just stay focused on the real issues....those are hilarious enough for me.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Perhaps FARK were right when they said ATS members will believe anything.

This thread is an embarrassment to the entire membership base.

5 people on the first page showed that this article was written by WWN and was an obvious hoax.

Except then we get the rabid believers who refuse to even look at the links provided relating to the lack of WWNs reliability. They talk about this article as if it was something taken from the Times.

Here is the description of WWN from their own 'About' section.

Don’t believe everything you read. Unless you read it here at www.weeklyworldnews.com Since 1979, we have protected civilians from Alien slime. If you care about the future of our world, this is the only place on earth you can learn about:
• UFO activity
• classified government cover-ups
• Bigfoot movements
• Secret science experiments paid for by pharmaceutical companies
• Cryptic findings Register online to be part of our world!

Subscribe to our daily alerts to remain on top of late breaking news
(Don’t worry we do not reveal any information to any governmental agency. All WWN information and archives are kept secret at all times. Our data is securely stored in a decommissioned nuclear weapons silo in West Virginia. We can’t disclose exactly where but it is not too far from Hope Falls, the birthplace of Bat Boy.)

Source

Ignorance is a sad thing to cling to, and it seems that many posters in this topic treat it as their best (and maybe only) friend.

Seriously people, please learn to think, read and evaluate 'evidence'. This article doesn't even try to hide the fact that it is a joke. The 'Batboy' in the corner of the image is enough.

But no, this horrible ignorance-breeding thread had to flourish first.

It is topics like this that make me glad we still have skeptics and debunkers here to think for those of you who refuse to. Pity you don't listen, even if they are right.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Yes, I do believe that that there was a civilization far more advanced than us some 12000 years ago who saw their doom and those who survived are the sheepfarm that remains today.

And if anyone actually did read my responses to the OP then maybe you can see that I didn´t recognize the story...

And as for debunkers I´m still sad about them having to be so rude?
One doesn´t have to insinuate that someone is an idiot just because he thought he made a great find.

And yes, I do believe that the Mona-Lisa story is a hoax but that doesn´t mean that I don´t believe that this yet older civilisation could have established a base on the moon and that the remains of it could still be there. And if f ex NASA found advanced technology there do you seriously think they would share it with other countries? Not likely!

Like someone said, believing & thinking is two different things and before you post an answer to something you might try to understand what was actually written?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
I cant believe some of you where taken in by this, believe me I believe through a lot of mikes threads that there is evidence of a massive cover up on the moon however people getting taken in by this is nothing short of laughable
God I would love to live next door to you people I would sell you left over spaghetti and tell you it was the virgin marys hair

p.s As in keeping with the terms and conditions this is not a personal attack on any person however a generalised view of a small minority of ATS members

[edit on 5/5/09 by On the level]

i truly believe you will love yourself again someday. remember, the more you tear others down, the faster you will heal.
"they" will pay, but, until they do, everyone else is fair game.
i hope you find someone who can satisfy your attention "issue." obviously, someone with your uncharted iq will need life long "special" care.

until then i will be your personal scapegoat. anytime you feel belittled, insulted, or, bothered in any way, feel free to take it out on me. after all, i'm obviously beneath you.....

you dear sir are truly a joke.

until a few minutes ago, i was having a boring night. thank you very much level for making sure everyone that participates in this thread has a little comic relief.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by anonamousantichrist]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

"If you care about the future of our world, this is the only place on earth you can learn about:
• UFO activity
• classified government cover-ups
• Bigfoot movements
• Secret science experiments paid for by pharmaceutical companies
• Cryptic findings Register online to be part of our world! "

Wow those bullet points for the Weekly World News sound a whole lot like the believe system of some of the folks on ATS. Go figure.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
reply to post by warrenb

Great story

I tried doing a few searches using Geologist Dr. Morris Charles and could not find much about the DR other then a link to the " Statue " story .

I don't think much will come of this report , even though its a great one .

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Max_TO]

I found some of his stuff on the NASA websites. He seems to legit there, but now...lets wait and see

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Ok so the ETCHING is carved into rock...
And then some lady is--impossibly--holding in her hand a completely three-dimensional (and identical) SCULPTURE?! How did NASA turn a rock carving into a sculpture? Oh wait, they didn't because this is bogus. Some people need to use some simple analytical skills before posting 'Earth Shattering' "news."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join