It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Hi,,be nice if this is true,,,,,Ill be keeping my eyes/ears open on this,,,

It said in the article that it was somewhat known about from the NASA employees,,,
I wonder what Richard Hoagland's opinion is on this,,,??,,

Sure is interesting would could be up there!!,,

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The thread has been moved to the new HOAX forum.
It's now open for replies again.

Hrmm.... wouldn't it be nice, that when a moderator moves something to the HOAX forum, they actually say WHY in their post instead of forcing the stray reader to read the entire friggin thread?

Well, unless of course the moderator is trying to get people to view the entire thread, in order to get more ad impressions....

Seriously.... why is this marked hoax? I don't really want to read the entire thread, but I'd like a concise reason in the post where it was marked as a hoax.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
...I honestly don't think threads like this are a waste at all.
1) you read something and you decide for yourself which side of the issue your gut says is true.
2) you read what other people say and you remember who they are and how they approach the issue.
3) you learn to either give them credit or respect when next they post or learn to question anything they believe or post.
It is fantastic! Look at Phage for example (one of my heroes) he made a quick post, nailed it, and didn't even bother to engage in what was the obvious. More cred to his cred already.....why is that important? Because if he ever comes out and says in a post..."yeah, that be ET." then it is like Obama saying..."yeah, we be attacking..." nobody will doubt it.
All you have is your credibility...it has serious value.
Here, or on any place that you interact with strangers, you need to "prove" your credibility.
I love these kind of threads because it helps me weed, helps save time on deciding which "recent post" I will bother reading.
....oh by the way, I read the article first and when they were making an issue over the "Christian" debate rather than emphasizing the fact that some rock with an "Angel" was found on the moon...it didn't pass any type of sniff test.
ATS is kind of like American Idol for me....you lose your cred...you sang your last song.

good point. didnt think of it that way. but i wouldnt considering im not a giant poster here. i have noticed that phage is good though. from what i can tell, theres a member that i would let speak for me.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

its considered a hoax because it was originally from the Weekly World News.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

The thread has been moved to the new HOAX forum.
It's now open for replies again.

Hrmm.... wouldn't it be nice, that when a moderator moves something to the HOAX forum, they actually say WHY in their post instead of forcing the stray reader to read the entire friggin thread?

Well, unless of course the moderator is trying to get people to view the entire thread, in order to get more ad impressions....

Seriously.... why is this marked hoax? I don't really want to read the entire thread, but I'd like a concise reason in the post where it was marked as a hoax.

You don't have to read the entire thread, at all. Check out the first couple of replies on page one, it's a story from the Weekly World News.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
But content of the story aside for a moment, Isn't interesting how quickly this story has gone viral? Even the trees on mars took months to really get noticed to the same level,So I feel sure someone is testing the waters for disclosure of some description.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I embraced this at first but I'm having doubts now. The contributer is supposedly Eric Van Dantiken. Weekly World News is a spoof paper I don't no about the Crib though it seems real. I guess the jokes on us believers. I have a good sense of humor but don't see this as funny. If it was Mad magazine or just WWW I'd get a good yuk yuk out of it but posted on the Cribs front page made it look real to me. Color my jade a little darker.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

A thread is only made popular by those reading, starring and flagging and responding. If members want this tabloid article out of sight, stop posting to the thread, go flag and star and post to a worthwhile thread to replace it.

It's you the user the who determines what is worthy or not, don't like it... Don't respond. Let the thread die it's natural death. Allow those who choose not to read carefully to make errors in judgment and laugh silently knowing you have the knowledge they don't or vice versa if you are believer.

While I agree with you, the mods and ATS staff are supposedly always trying to improve the site right? So if YOU see one of these ridiculous threads from known silly sources like "the Sun" and "Weekly World News." I think the staff should not let it make the front page. People can still discuss it, just don't tarnish the already tarnished ATS image.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
This is the best thread ever on ATS. The thread that keeps on giving.

By the way, how do you know its a hoax, isnt deciding if its a hoax subjective? Maybe the powers that be just want it to be perceived a hoax. Did you ever think of that?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Wow this story made youtube in record time! Yer this story is probably nonsense but the way it's has spread is interesting in and of it self.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

WASHINGTON, DC - A noted scientist has just produced proof that the lunar surface was inhabited by intelligent life: a 10-inch angel sculpture embedded in a moon rock.

Geologist Dr. Morris Charles revealed last week that NASA lab workers chipped the angel from one of the rocks brought to Earth by Apollo 11 astronauts 40 years ago, in 1969. Dr. Charles was a NASA scientist himself for 23 years but left the agency in 1987. He still maintains close ties to many of his former colleagues.

Source with images and stuff

whoa!!!

My theory is that at sometime the moon collided with the earth and bits of civilizations it struck got stuck to it.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by warrenb]

I am starting to believe this is a Hoax
All the news stories reported by different sources are Identical
And also shows the same Picture, even though the Picture shows
other Photographers taking Pictures. It's odd that the Photo was more
interested in showing other people taking photos than the actual Item.
There is also no collaborating evidence the rock, artifact or person
is genuine only a mention of NASA.
All these sites purport to have the Evidence, but in fact only have the
same fuzzy photo.

If it was real, I would expect to find more than a single Photo, and a descent
close up of the object.

I want to go record as calling it a Hoax.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I like reading World Weekly News when I'm taking a nice Sh**, because that's what World Weekly News is: Sh**!
...But seriously, This article is a bunch of junk. Like people have said, it would be all over the news and all that. I believe in Extra Terrestrials but not this garbage article.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Ok it doesnt take much at all to poke holes in all of this. For instance you found the name of the Nasa Scientis that the hoaxer used. He doesnt seem to be a Geologist as it is stated in the story, but thats non the biggest hole involving this guy. The Article clearly States that This Scientist quit working for NASA in the 80's. It is strange then that the very article you put a link to shows an article written by this scientist, at the end of which he actualy leaves his E-mail Address!!!!!!
" Charles S. Morris / [email protected] "
Strange that a guy that left Nasa in the 80's has a current EMAIL account with them!!!!!
This is just the first thing I noticed after looking into this story for about 5 minutes. The story is so rediculously, and obviously fake that I really dont feel like researching it any more, this story really doesnt deserve it.......

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Just reaffirms an already existent belief. Thanks!! Nice find!!!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gyoung88

I'm going to go with "a belief that hoaxes are very common", rather than "200,000 year old statues will be found on the moon." Or did you not notice the forum this was in?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

WASHINGTON, DC - A noted scientist has just produced proof that the lunar surface was inhabited by intelligent life: a 10-inch angel sculpture embedded in a moon rock.

Geologist Dr. Morris Charles revealed last week that NASA lab workers chipped the angel from one of the rocks brought to Earth by Apollo 11 astronauts 40 years ago, in 1969. Dr. Charles was a NASA scientist himself for 23 years but left the agency in 1987. He still maintains close ties to many of his former colleagues.

Source with images and stuff

whoa!!!

My theory is that at sometime the moon collided with the earth and bits of civilizations it struck got stuck to it.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by warrenb]

The moon didnt collide with earth - the earth is a lot larger than it was in the past, and the moon is a fairly new arrival in our syusstem - but its extremely old.

I think its quite possible that the alien civilization still has bases there - but they moved here a while back - some may exist here underground.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wait a minute..... is this is a website for alternative topics? Someone post a mystic story (albeit uncredible source) and debunkers go nuts? If we can't discuss this in an alternative topic website where else should we? I am shocked. Yes there is a limit to where some should go and believe, but some of us just like the idea of the story to chew on. We know it isn't hard core evidence, none of us are stating that. This is just a story and was in the correct category, yet debunkers go haywire in trying to terrorize the thread when all we were doing was getting a good read, not declaring this for history books. You debunkers are like sharks in bloody water devouring all that you see fit. I think the majority of you got riled up good enough though.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Originally posted by gyoung88

I'm going to go with "a belief that hoaxes are very common", rather than "200,000 year old statues will be found on the moon." Or did you not notice the forum this was in?

I think we should not tell anyone that this is a hoax anymore just to watch the conversations. It would be like when we were kids and we tied the fishing line to an old purse and hung it over a telephone wire. Then when someone went to pick it up you yanked it.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

YOU believers want proof so much it comes back and bites you on the ASS so often you think you would look/study articles first but you are SOOOOOOOOOO desperate you cant wait and you end up looking STUPID which I just love!!!!!!!!!

By the way I do think out there,intelligent life exists just a pity more of it is not on here!

One nice clear in focus unpixelated shot of a ship thats not been faked for the cause would be nice come on you guys were is this HOLY GRAIL of UFO pics 100's of millions of cameras round the world and NOTHING yet says a lot DOES IT NOT!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
When I saw this article I must admit I was excited, this is the kind of news that we wait for! The only part that makes me think this is a hoax is the picture of the woman holding the statue is clearly photo shopped.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join