It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 Year Old Statue Found On Moon

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wether the picture was an obvius fake or not......which a 10 yr old with photo shop could have spotted!

Has no one wondered why a 20000 yr old relic found on the moon would be an angel?, not an alien skull, a strange piece of technology but an angel.

Now think about it, angels were an invention of the catholic church along with the concept of heaven and hell and all sorts of other bunkum!!!

If your going to come up with a conspiracy/mystery at least give people credit for having a brain and think it out a little better!!!!

[edit on 6-5-2009 by blackrabbit1]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Truly amazing, only if the story is real.

An angel statue, sounds like a hoax from a hard-core Christian.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What a shame...I feel really sad now.

Why produce such hoaxes.? what does it prove.? why direct them at people who search for a meaning.?

Nothing has been solved at the `Ontological`...Science is a practical venture that produces junk technology for the Government and large companies that cater for the whims and desires of the impressionable masses...it has no true understanding of the fundamentals of reality, and makes gains largely by placing elaborate fictions between partial observations or by sheer luck and chance...this ignorance has contributed greatly to the environmental problems seen today...so go and bother the materialistic reductionist fools and stop supporting them with sick promotions for goods that always fail just after the warranty expires.

I hate this immature carp that supposedly shows how dumb people like those on ATS are...how is anyone going to decide what avenues of research are availiable and justifiable, if this dumbasp reporting is allowed to corrupt the information.

...look at me I can photoshop a brain into a picture of my head...grow up

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Okay. Whatever you say. Personally, I think it's pretty hard to believe any rational adult would say they believe that the moon crashed into the earth and a statue stuck to the moon. But if you believe it, good for you.

To clarify, I agree with you it is hard to believe such a thing could be believed...But this thread is proof of that rationality is present in some here.

[edit on 6/5/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thread Closed until the new Hoax Forum proposed by Skeptic Overlord is implemented.

I'm going to be brutally honest right now, but I (we) are disappointed in the way members are conducting themselves on this thread. I (we) are also disappointed that people in general no longer seem to read and only gravitate towards the confrontational or ridicule aspect.

Why is so much energy and frustration being exercised on a thread in the "Skunkworks" forum? This is not breaking news, it's not in Other Current Events, it does not affect your daily lives so why spend so much energy rehashing the same points over and over again?

Yes it's a hoax and clearly anyone who READS will find out so for themselves. Why are you all stressing over this? If only this type of energy and enthusiasm could be spent on issues that actually mean something to all of us, we might be able to change the world. Lighten up people and stop taking things so seriously and negatively.

Thread Closed until new forum is available

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The thread has been moved to the new HOAX forum.
It's now open for replies again.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Nice find! S&F

Keep them coming

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
The image has Batboy on the bottom and still people refuse to believe that it is a hoax?

think about it for a minute guys/gals

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb

WASHINGTON, DC - A noted scientist has just produced proof that the lunar surface was inhabited by intelligent life: a 10-inch angel sculpture embedded in a moon rock.

Geologist Dr. Morris Charles revealed last week that NASA lab workers chipped the angel from one of the rocks brought to Earth by Apollo 11 astronauts 40 years ago, in 1969. Dr. Charles was a NASA scientist himself for 23 years but left the agency in 1987. He still maintains close ties to many of his former colleagues.

Source with images and stuff

whoa!!!

My theory is that at sometime the moon collided with the earth and bits of civilizations it struck got stuck to it.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by warrenb]

But the metal it was made with was found only, exclusively on the mountains on the moon. Somebody with access to the moon 200,000 years ago made it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
The thread has been moved to the new HOAX forum.
It's now open for replies again.

AAAaaah, thanks.
Relief and peace.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Shackled
The image has Batboy on the bottom and still people refuse to believe that it is a hoax?

Isn't Batboy too old to be a boy anymore? I think he would be a man with a beard by now, not sure how bat people age in comparison to humans though...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Aww man....professional wrestling isn't real? What's NEXT? That's IT. I just don't know WHO to believe anymore. Very depressing. Hulkamania RULES!!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I'm going to be brutally honest right now, but I (we) are disappointed in the way members are conducting themselves on this thread. I (we) are also disappointed that people in general no longer seem to read and only gravitate towards the confrontational or ridicule aspect.

Why is so much energy and frustration being exercised on a thread in the "Skunkworks" forum? This is not breaking news, it's not in Other Current Events, it does not affect your daily lives so why spend so much energy rehashing the same points over and over again?

Yes it's a hoax and clearly anyone who READS will find out so for themselves. Why are you all stressing over this? If only this type of energy and enthusiasm could be spent on issues that actually mean something to all of us, we might be able to change the world. Lighten up people and stop taking things so seriously and negatively.

Ain't that the truth! I like the idea of a HOAX forum - well done whoever thought that one up. I feel the angst here too - I see it as a clashing of each individuals ego/self and ATS is becoming an outlet for their own paths of discovery. We are beginning to see the 'change' ih the world, this is merely one stage in one aspect of it - pretty soon metamorphosis will take place and as much of a struggle reading ATS threads is becoming, I believe we will look back at this evolution and see that to become the butterfly, the caterpillar stage is a part of that bloom

Thank the gods for other smaller intimate sites like a mini ATS that seem to be springing up everywhere. This is where you can take a refreshing holiday from the negativity.

wZn

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
This would have been startling news - if it was true. But look at this photo in the article, see the little face in the left lower corner?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/365a716112bb.jpg[/atsimg]

This face is part of the logo for the "Weekly World News", infamous for hoaxes and wild stories. And sure enough, here you can find the original article:

weeklyworldnews.com...

Entertaining story, but...

Happy you searched for the source like me.

Erik von Datiken wrote it hahahaha only the name says it all.

weeklyworldnews.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I used to believe WWN was real, when I was a kid. I was horrified the first time I saw a bat boy cover photo - I was convinced for weeks that bat boy had taken up living under my bed. It caused me a lot of grief.

But I had an excuse, I was 7.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Yes it's a hoax and clearly anyone who READS will find out so for themselves. Why are you all stressing over this?

Speaking only for myself here.

I was 'stressing' over it because this website's motto is DENY IGNORANCE. Regardless of what forum this thread was in, it was obviously becoming a breeding ground for ignorance. The number of people who read the headline and posted without reading the thread was disturbing to say the least.

Perhaps by rehashing over and over again through the thread that it indeed was a hoax might have caught at least one of these blind people's attention and assisted in removing the ignorance and sheer lack of thought hanging over the thread.

I'm just happy the hoax tag was finally added... after 11 pages.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I think these news articles are unofficial internal departmental messages of some description.

Both articles mention the: Moon ,200,000 years, Something buried in rock, NASA,Science,Religion,Apollo 11,Agency,Geologist. Just to name a few.

So whom is communicating to who about what I don't know. So I thought I would throw these peals before swine before I get ripped open...

thecrit.com...

derekclontz.wordpress.com...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
why is this still a topic?
i thought it was pretty much proven to be a hoax?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
...I honestly don't think threads like this are a waste at all.
1) you read something and you decide for yourself which side of the issue your gut says is true.
2) you read what other people say and you remember who they are and how they approach the issue.
3) you learn to either give them credit or respect when next they post or learn to question anything they believe or post.
It is fantastic! Look at Phage for example (one of my heroes) he made a quick post, nailed it, and didn't even bother to engage in what was the obvious. More cred to his cred already.....why is that important? Because if he ever comes out and says in a post..."yeah, that be ET." then it is like Obama saying..."yeah, we be attacking..." nobody will doubt it.
All you have is your credibility...it has serious value.
Here, or on any place that you interact with strangers, you need to "prove" your credibility.
I love these kind of threads because it helps me weed, helps save time on deciding which "recent post" I will bother reading.
....oh by the way, I read the article first and when they were making an issue over the "Christian" debate rather than emphasizing the fact that some rock with an "Angel" was found on the moon...it didn't pass any type of sniff test.
ATS is kind of like American Idol for me....you lose your cred...you sang your last song.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Please don't use biblical terms(angels). We don't want it to sound like part 2 of the great fairytale, now do we?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by bignick]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join