It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What conspiracy's are about/based on Jesus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have heard many versions of Jesus, and firmly believe there was and still maybe a conspiracy of deception in the Catholic church as well as many others.

My favorite version of Jesus is the one who traveled the world and enlightened everone he talked to with his teachings. A lot of cultures have folklore about a Jesus like character.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by jrod]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
this post is totally in the wrong forum.

should be in the religion conspiracy forum, not medical issues and conspiracies.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Wow, i think i forgot how to read. My bad. A little help MODs please.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Umm... Jesus did not travel the world. He traveled Israel

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
Umm... Jesus did not travel the world. He traveled Israel

Umm...... Incorrect.
Even your Bible tells you that he went to Egypt - Matthew 2:14

It's entirely possible (and even probable) that as a rabbi, Jesus would have travelled around the Middle East in his younger years.

There are even tales of Jesus travelling and studying in India.
reluctant-messenger.com...

Personally, I'm not too swayed by this one though.

As for the original question, "What conpiracies involve Jesus?". Basically his whole historical life is a conspiracy in my opinion. If you want to see a glaring conspiracy, look at the Osiris/Dionysus stories and study historical early Christianity. It literally reeks of pagan influence - an influence that the Church fought hard to cover up but now seems to be letting out of the bag with events like the recent elevation of Mary.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

As for the original question, "What conpiracies involve Jesus?". Basically his whole historical life is a conspiracy in my opinion. If you want to see a glaring conspiracy, look at the Osiris/Dionysus stories and study historical early Christianity. It literally reeks of pagan influence - an influence that the Church fought hard to cover up but now seems to be letting out of the bag with events like the recent elevation of Mary.

Not to mention all the christian 'holidays' that are based upon pagan sabaths.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It seems to me I saw a lil something on television (WOW SO RELIABLE OMFG@#%@#) that spoke about a monk who found some hidden scriptures. Damn me if I can't remember details. Anyhow, they excommunicated him from the church because allegedly the scriptures contained evidence that Jesus lived through crucifixion and went on to raise his family. The church destroyed the scriptures, and the contents... alleged contents, were only released to a fellow priest on this monks deathbed.

Thats its in an abridged form, at least. Something that does support this though is a little thing I learned in my comparative study of religion class last fall... The point of Crucifixion was to humiliate the one being put to death. They did NOT take the bodies down, they let those crucified hang there until the bodies decayed and fell, and let the dogs and birds eat them because it was seen as a humiliation that there was nothing left to be buried. So why then was Jesus allowed to be entombed? And supposing that you don't believe in the ascension, where'd his body go?

Anybody else know anything about this? I'm sorry I don't have references for it, but I'm really simply speaking off the cuff from general knowledge.

[Edited on 28-4-2004 by DamnableSara]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The story of the crucifixion seems a little off. From what most churches teach is he was put on the cross on a Friday brought down and put into a tomb the same day because no one was allowed to do any work on Saturday(Sabath) and rose from the grae on Sunday. It is practical to say the he could have surivived the crucifixion and torture. Also it is written that he was pierced on his side with a spear, so this could have been the fatal blow.

I have heard stories from tv and elsewhere that monks in the East had a Jesus like character visit them and teach them. Also there is a Jesus like character in the Aztec's religion which really makes me wonder. If he is the one then why couldnt he have traveled the world after the crucifixion.

I got more info about this kind of stuff that ill post later.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
There's also a book floating around... that claims in the 18 unaccounted for years of his life he traveled as far as India... and they taught him how to turn water into wine. It also claims that the monks there have always been able to do this.

www.jewishencyclopedia.com...

See 'Mode of Execution'; It still says sometimes-special permissions were given to remove the body. Our prof told us that the reason they fed the bodies to the wild beasts was so that nothing was left behind... nothing left to honor on the anniversary of the death. The criminal lived, than simply ceased to be; erased from the world.

new topics

top topics

join