It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani Army Flattening Villages as It Battles Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Pakistani Army Flattening Villages as It Battles Taliban

www.truthout.org

The Pakistani army's assault against Islamic militants in Buner, in northwest Pakistan, is flattening villages, killing civilians and sending thousands of farmers and villagers fleeing from their homes, residents escaping the fighting said Monday.

"We didn't see any Taliban; they are up in the mountains, yet the army flattens our villages," Zaroon Mohammad, 45, told McClatchy as he walked with about a dozen scrawny cattle and the male members of his family in the relative safety of Chinglai village in southern Buner. "Our house has been badly damaged. These cows are now our total
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow, way to go Pakistan, I love seeing governments whipping out their citizens homes
. I can't really understand why any government would do this, maybe its because of pressure from the US with the summit. Either way its inexcusable to hurt your own citizens due to the talibans presence in the mountains, unless the people are lying...

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with this one... Really depends on what the situation really is, ya know. If these people have been helping the taliban, and since they seem to know where they are I'm thinking they have been, then they brought this on themselves.

If its just some random village then Pakistan is definitely out of line.

But if they have been assisting the taliban, then they're gonna lie through their teeth about it, ya know...

It is good to see Pakistan actually doing something about the taliban though, god knows they have been in Pakistan long enough...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sometimes when you poison the mice that are getting into the bread drawr other mice find the poison. The only good mouse is a dead mouse at that point. Shouldn't hang around with the bad mice

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Yeah why not hey!?!?! Taliban, Irac, Iran doesnt matter which right?? kill em all right?? I mean its all their fault anyway for hiding our oil under their lands right??..... ... ... ... ... just the fact there are still wars shows a total lack of compassion and understanding... killing people proves um what exactly that your good and their evil?!?!?!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Wow, yeah, lets play world police!

This is simple.
You want weapons, (Nukes), that can effect everyone on the planet, keep your house clean.

I am really tired of having to be involved in the whole world. We have enough problems here at home. Lots of them caused by being the world police.
Life needs to settle the hell down.
Mind your own buisness, feed yourself, shelter yourself.
If you live in a place where you can't do that, then move.........

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by j2000

Team America F**k Yeah! Yea with the state of our crumbling economy it is most definitely time to step, damn thats a huge insect on my screen lol, uhm aside and let some other nation cough china cough do our dirty work...

new topics

top topics

join