It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shape of Things To Come (HG Wells)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
A great movie people should see is H.G. Wells, "The Shape of Things to Come".
H.G. Wells was a British Intelligence Agent from what I have gathered.
The movie came out in 1926, and it's a classic Black and White Early Sci-Fi film.
In the film, the controllers of humanity, a united air-force called "Wings Over the World" refer to themselves as the "Freemasonry of Science", and shows the progress of humanity thoughout the twentieth century. The weird thing is, the twentieth century hadn't happend yet!!!

The movie shows WWII happening before it actually happened!!! In 1926!!!!

The movie shows people wandering around after the war with something called the "walking plague", and these people were lepers that had to be shot on sight, since they carried the dreaded "walking plague". This movie shows the propaganda of war hype and orwellian control by government. It shows the world breaking out in someting like the "bird flu", and it's reminiscent of the movie "V" For Vendetta in some ways, in how it showed the control, and future.

If you have not seeen this, check it out! It's great science fiction, but now in this time and age, it's more reality than fiction. Also shows the first rocket into space being built, and the "No Progress-ers" who fight to keep the project from taking off because they believe science is the downfall of humanity.

Classic Stuff!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Wow where would I find that? I allready checked the torrent networks... nada
mabye the library? lol at least the book might be there... that would be better.. just my 2 cents!

I had a little streak in my life back when I was in my teen's where I read a ton of HG wells.. I'm reading Tom Clancy right now though

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
great movie indeed, it's in my collection.

I had to order it at my local import dvd shop, well worth it.

scary how some people wrote the future it seems.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jb0311NY

Here ya go......watch the full movie online.

"Things to come" H.G. Wells - 1936

video.google.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Here is a link to the film on Archive.org:

www.archive.org...

It's a great site for finding stuff that's legal & in the public domain, and it's much better quality than Google video.

Download links are in the upper left corner. I'm getting it now

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I wanted to bump this and flag.

I JUST finished watching Things to Come.

And man it spooked me. I was like heeeeey all that happened just like that.

More terrifying the "Wing Over the World" reminded me immediately of the "Wing Makers"/"Watchers"

I even got a 9/11 fuzzy feeling seeing

"WT7" on the plane...

How "Master Craftsmen"
aka

"Master Masons"

control the masses, and speak amongst themselves.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Another great and often missed book by HG Wells. The Sleepr wakes. Wasn't Wells a Mason?

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

He might have been, his movies paint them in a pretty picture.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
went to my local used bookstore today (my favorite place....what a geek!) they didnt have the shape of things to come, but oddly they had a 1st ed of Marriage(never read it and couldn't afford it today) and a biography, got the biography and can't wait to read it! I will be keeping my eye out for that other title tho. Id rather read the book than watch the movie.
Another one who portrays Masons in a good light is Kipling. Try to find the man who would be king, its a hard to read book, but there was a movie with shaun connery and michael cain. michael cain is in a new movie by the way, the imaginarium of doctor parnassus, lots of occult symbology in that one! Michael Cain is in alot of masony, illuminati type movies come to think of it. batman too.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

That's because Batman. Especially the Animated Series from the '90s. Is speaking to the masons. The Batman is here to stop them.

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
he is? Batman is one of my favorite super heroes. It must be the ears.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I am through the first manuscript now, it is an amazing read.

Those that have watched the movie and not read it, please do.

I have not veiwed the movie, and am going in blind. I can't imagine the start of the book would be put on film in any matter. It is more of a manifesto rather than anything else. And possibly more relevant today than ever.

I think Wells would be disappointed that we today regard his work as classic yet have barely even taken any stock in his warnings.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

I've always enjoyed Well's work & wondered how he came up with his ideas.

We should all be aware that science fiction proceeds science fact.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

It almost inevitably does even just for the fact it influences the inventors, explorers and scientists as to what they might one day wish to accomplish.

Have you read it? If not I will warn you will likely constantly have to reread te first manuscript as the weight of the politics is immense. I did. Well worth the patience and thought however.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pablos

I plan on reading it again & watching the video as soon as I can.

Another favorite of mine is Orwell's Animal Farm from 1943.
It's amazing how the pigs used the TV to distract the animals as they're preparing to overthrow the pigs. Orwell was well aware of how the TV & the programming it provides is a psychological weapon to be perfected & used against the masses.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

That is one of my faves too.

Last year I found a VHS copy in an op-shop for fifty cents.

Stoked.
Now my to year old daughter loves it. My hope is to create a fondness of it in her as my mother did at a young age for me, that will bring her back to it when she is mature enough to fully grasp it.

I know I am just a bit through the shape but that is what I like about this site. The two aforementioned works have ome fairly conflicting viewpoints but both can be considered relevent.

Skepticism and open-mindedness at work is THE only thing that will make this world better.

new topics

top topics

join