It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A look at the late William Cooper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I know a lot of my fellow members know who Bill Cooper was and have watched his lectures and are familiar with his work but for our new members I would like to make a general overview of this true patriot.

From wikipedia: wikipedia link

The son of a U.S. Air Force officer, Bill graduated in 1961 from Yamato High School in Japan, and enlisted in the U.S. Air force. He was honorably discharged in 1965, and enlisted in the U.S. Navy in December of that year. He served in Vietnam, rising to the rank of petty officer. Cooper was awarded the Navy Commendation Medal with combat V and the Navy Achievement Medal with combat V. He was honorably discharged in 1975.

Cooper was also a radio host, author and political activist known for his best-selling underground book titled Behold A Pale Horse with the worldwide shortwave radio show Hour of the Time. Cooper was also known for his court battle with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the recorded attempts to dissuade him from pursuing his case.[citation needed] He and Wayne Bentson co-researched the related CAJI News Service brief titled BATF/IRS -- Criminal Fraud[4] where he did a history of crimes committed by the Internal Revenue Service, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms and the Department of the Treasury. The article was first published in Veritas magazine, issue #6, from September 1995. In the article, he asserts that the IRS is actually the same organization as the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Shortly after the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building, Rush Limbaugh read a White House memo on the air during his broadcast which named William Cooper, ". . . the most dangerous radio host in America". Mr. Cooper considered President Bill Clinton's pronouncement the greatest compliment that he had ever received.[6]

Cooper was charged with various crimes, including tax evasion from 1992 to 1994, and bank fraud for giving false information on a loan application. He was never convicted of any of these charges.

In the 1990s Cooper's interest moved from UFOs, to covert government programs, and finally to the militia movement.

By 1998 Cooper was living in Arizona. There was a warrant for his arrest due to claims by a local doctor that Cooper made threatening actions when the doctor was loitering near Cooper's home. Cooper said he would meet with armed resistance any attempt to execute what he saw as "unlawful warrants." Later a warrant was issued for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, following a dispute with a local man who was stalking Cooper.[7] According to Commander X, in March 1999 Cooper sent his family out of the United States for their security. He lived and worked alone with his two dogs, one rooster, and one chicken until his death in 2001.[8] In July and September 2001, Cooper was accused of using a handgun to threaten a loiterer near his home in Eagar, Arizona.

On November 5, 2001, officers of the Apache County Sheriff's Office decided to serve Cooper a warrant based on the above-mentioned charges. For reasons not explained,[citation needed]the Sheriff's Office sent deputies to Cooper's home at approximately 11:00PM, and instead of knocking on his door and announcing themselves, the deputies attempted to lure Cooper from his house by posing as citizens playing loud music on or near his property. Cooper, who was an above the knee amputee, went down to investigate the scene in his truck. It is disputed whether the deputies identified themselves or tried to serve an arrest warrant at that time. Nevertheless, Cooper announced he was returning to his house to contact the Eager Police Department, either to verify the warrant or to contact the local authorities in order to report what he may have still believed was a real disturbance. Before he could do so however, the sheriff's deputies tried to apprehend him, at which point shooting began. Although it is unclear who began firing, there are some who question the uncertain circumstances.

Google Video Link

[edit on 5-5-2009 by iamjesusphish]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Great documentary!!

On a side note, I think there's going to be a big push towards everything Bill Cooper now specifically to drive people away from AJ, afterall he's dead and can't do anymore damage, currently speaking. Again, creating a divide and to get people bickering. That's what 'they' do, that's all 'they' do.

Bill Cooper deserves the utmost respect because he was THE ORIGINAL, but he can't help anyone now. Don't be fooled by the game.
R.I.P. Mr. Cooper.

BTW, please add the Wikipedia link.

Peace

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
He was a true American patriot, a defender to the death of the American constitution. Everyone, at least everyone on ATS should know his name.
But we should learn at least one thing from this great man. If you know the truth, do not shout it from the roof tops, whisper it in the cellars of the enlightened and you may live to see a great new day.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by dashen]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Yep, love the way bill handled the stuff, shame i cannot have all his radio shows in archive, but what i have is worth listening to over and over.

Nice thread. Just a shame he is still not around. rip, mr cooper.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Bill Cooper is a legend in both life and death. As mentioned early in the video - he was a 'voice in the wilderness'. He was truly ahead of his time.

Ive seen other videos covering Bill's life but what I found particularly interesting in this video was his investigation into secret society's. I wasnt aware of the depth of his investigations. For me this was an eye-opener and Im convinced now it was this that resulted in his murder. As also mentioned in the video, JFK also got too close to the 'shadow government' and also paid the ultimate price.

Bill's claim prior to 9/11, that 'a major attack would occur on America and that Osama bin Laden would be blamed' is quite prophetic. The fact he was murdered shortly after this statement but prior to 9/11 speaks volumes. The powers that be obviously decided that they would be unable to deal with the reaction from Bill in view of his large following. GW Bush must have signed off on his murder in view of the fact Bill was not a military target, but a US civilian (much the same as the other NWO stooge Lyndon Johnson signed off on JFK's).

Bill stated publicly toward the end of his life that in making his public broadcasts he had 'sealed his fate'. He believed that living for 'principles' was the essence of life & that to have no principles worth fighting for was to be dead already. I guess it was this that made him the hero he was in both his military and public life.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Nonchalant]

top topics

join