It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perceptions, Reality, Imagination

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I agree with many views that suggest perception equals reality. Most people do to an extent even if they don't know it...how many times have you heard "ignorance is bliss" or "just don't look down". I have a pretty cool personal example concerning the idea of dreams being reality. I have had many vivid, realitic dreams but two stick out. When I was 10 or 11 my family took a trip to the Grand Canyon. During our stay we went on an overnight camping/horseback trip down the Canyon which I always retold people many times during random talks. It wasn't until I was 22 when I told my girlfriend about it who then brought it up with my mom joking around saying how she wanted to do that. My mom looked at her, then me, with a blank stare. She told me she didn't remember so I asked my Dad (since my mom forgets alot), then brother, then sister...until I realized that although we went to the Grand Canyon, the Horse/camping trip never took place. I have been telling people this "dream" as a true story for 10-11 years. I could and still can remember images, emotions, senses, etc still to this day. Another example is that I have been telling people I had double pnumonia as a kid and had to stay in the hospital for weeks...again, never happened but I remember the sheets, the nurse, evverything. It totally messes with your head when all of these major/important events in your life turns out to be tottaly false. I never really took "alternative" realties seriously until I learned about my dreams and now they're my smoking gun to always ask "What is Reality".

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ingauged00

Interesting experience, so, who is to say what is reality.
That was your reality! So it is valid. Sometimes I think maybe we experience dimensional bleed-throughs or something like that. All just speculative on my part.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

MG, I think the mind is like a computer running corrupted programs and we need to fix our computers.

I think your right. The mind I think is seperate from spirit, it was created to help run our bodies, be an aid to it but it has now become an entity in its own right that is out of control. It is corrupted for sure. Thats why I think attempting to live in the now is good because it removes the power the mind has acquired. The mind can not live in our now because it runs on the negativity of past and future projected pain and worry. It uses this to control us, to make us anxious and ill. We are not our mind of this Im sure.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green
reply to post by cindymars

MG, I think the mind is like a computer running corrupted programs and we need to fix our computers.

I think your right. The mind I think is seperate from spirit, it was created to help run our bodies, be an aid to it but it has now become an entity in its own right that is out of control. It is corrupted for sure. Thats why I think attempting to live in the now is good because it removes the power the mind has acquired. The mind can not live in our now because it runs on the negativity of past and future projected pain and worry. It uses this to control us, to make us anxious and ill. We are not our mind of this Im sure.

I always thought a great visual representation was The Chariot of the Waite Tarot deck.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7074c4a6add7.jpg[/atsimg]

The charioteer being the consciousness and the chariot being the mind.
The mind as a tool not its own entity which it has become. Also regarding that story I never told on that other thread.

posted on May, 20 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars

The charioteer being the consciousness and the chariot being the mind.
The mind as a tool not its own entity which it has become. Also regarding that story I never told on that other thread.

Very good cindy. I dont know anything about tarot but that card and your take on it is very good.

posted on Jun, 17 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I am a major OP thread neglector and not the host I wanted to be.

Sorry!

Here a picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f55d0e927cd2.jpg[/atsimg]

Busy with the Space Opera which either has no readers or none that like my writing. Oh well.

I would like to use my thread for this on topic discussion of how the above mentioned Space Opera has affected my perseptions.

It's like bi-locating your consciousness because this character and where and what she is doing overlays my daily routine. I will be distracted and in that story. I guess it is much the same as when you are reading some really fun fuction and part of you is still in the story. But what I think is cool about creating fiction is that you can, do, be, have anything or go anywhere, it is very liberating on many levels.

I want to invite anyone,(knowing I am not a good thread host) to share there feelings on this. Maybe other writers or anyone that wants to.

Peace all!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join