It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perceptions, Reality, Imagination

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

But sometimes here some people will quote Science as fact. Its not necessarily fact to me. Anything under observation becomes self aware.

True. I am heavily into what science "perceives" as fact. Especially Physics and the Unified field theory. I do agree with you 100% that no one knows and it is good to try to come up with answers whether religion or science, or any other means of explanation. I also stand with you on Gods were aliens. Like u said, no one knows yet at the same time some of us have a grasp on what could be the so called "truth:, when in actuality I believe the "truth" is "inside" us and not something we can find in the physical realm of what I belive is a false "reality" created by our collective conscious.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Hello everyone, how is your reality treating you today?

Again I want to say thank you for all your participation and really good insights.

Moving on..

Studious, Mirror Neurons and dreaming...I have to check that out. See you in space.

JohnD, Your post was concise, kind and gentle. You must be a nice person.
Not judging contrary beliefs is admirable, I am not always able to do it.

SymmetricAvenger, I think that evil is just serving its purpose in this dualist world, however if we do not want it around us, we need to clean it out of ourselves. We only experience things that are in us. IMO or belief paradigm.

Whisper, Did you see this article I posted on Seekers thread about communication?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

"The Art of Communicating"
by Robert Stuberg

It's interesting how quickly we become accustomed to, and even take for granted, the amazing new developments in communications available in the world today. With the ability now to contact people on the other side of the world right at our finger tips, we tend to forget how recently and how rapidly this technology has come into our lives. Consider the fact that through most of human history, up to the time of Thomas Jefferson (who, incidentally, never saw a railroad train), communications were limited to the speed of horses. To say that we have come a long way since then, especially in the last 30 years, is an understatement. And we must keep in mind that the sudden emergence of such innovations in instantaneous communications as satellites, cell phones, email and the internet, to name a few, is simply the revolutionary beginning of what is likely to come.

What perhaps is less clear is how well we are succeeding with the human factor in communications.
I think it's fair to ask are we giving as much attention to the quality of our communications to one another as we do to the dazzling means of communicating at our disposal? Are we as adept today, for instance, in communicating ideas with a comparable level of civility as were the artful letter writers of Jefferson's day? How well we communicate with one another on a person-to-person
basis, writing, speaking and listening, is as important today as it was 200 years ago.
The success of all human relationships depends on the quality of our interpersonal
communications.

We can break down any communication into three parts: One is "The Sender," two is "The Message,"
and three is "The Receiver." Each component is important and a failure in any one of them causes a breakdown in the communication. For example, the Sender's sensitivity to the needs of the Receiver is critical. A garbled or mis-stated Message may be worse than no message at all. And of course, a Receiver who doesn't listen might as well not be there at all.

We know, of course, how breakdowns in communications can have disastrous consequences. Money,friendships,jobs, and even marriages are frequently lost because of poor communications between individuals. Some historians believe that World War I erupted essentially because of a failure in communications between the major European powers.

None of us, we hope, will ever be in a position to start a war, but we all can strive to keep our own communication channels open and free from the interference of insensitivity and rancor. If we constantly work at maintaining the integrity of those three components of communications, we'll have a much better chance of getting our own thoughts across and understanding what the other person has to say whether it's in emails, faxes or every day conversations.

Above all, our communications should be forthcoming, honest, and as clear as possible.

When we combine these attributes with a genuine interest in those we are communicating with, we will truly achieve the key to effective communication and stronger interpersonal relations with or without the technology of the future.

Source:
www.success.bz...

I think that pretty much says it.

The Real Josh, Good point, when time allows I would like to discuss the concept of good and evil.

Mystic,

" The potential we have far exceeds the narrow dogma that is presented by this world
and its limits."

I agree!

I thought I would be able to finish all my responces but later.

Peace!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
I believe there is a Source that I and you and everything is part of, however I am open to the possibility that there is no Creator/Source.
This sums up my philosophy as well. I think we are all part of some great force and connected, however I do not think that the source is an entity unto itself it is all of life combined. I think our awareness of that source and the nature of all life is stifled while in physical form of life, but I have no way to confirm that. Our world however is as you suggested only as we perceive it. We don't really know what is around us beyond what our senses tell our brain and how our brain processes that information to us. Which begs the question is this why some people see auras and other such things while others do not? Do they have extra senses that are not common to most people that give the brain extra data to calculate?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Sorry to come in so late in this thread. Here's how I see it.

We all have the seed of God within us and our hearts are the best interpreters of what that seed requires of us and what it needs to fulfil the individual's purpose, it is our inherant programmng. Because we are all connected through the branch of life or the original seed called progression of life our perceptions are for the most part the same this is especially evident when we are presented with outstanding works of art or a very pretty woman. Because of this connection we see (but not interpret) things the same way.

Interpretation is a unique thing associated with ones belief system which results in or is directly associated with ones perception. My experience is that an open belief system is best for 'seeing' or 'perceiving' more. The more I perceive the more i learn, and the more I learn the clearer I see. It is this clarity of mind and certainty that shapes who I am and more importantly forfills my hearts desire/programming from the God seed within me.

So to clarify because ones belief system 'shapes' your perception and your beliefs can be wrong then ergo so can your perception, which would also lead to your perception of reality being scewed or distorted. Because we don't have all the answers we have to trust in what resonates with our hearts and minds, but we are not walking in the dark, many have gone before us and given us a helping hand in helping us separate the wheat from the chaff to facilitate a clearer perception of what is and what isn't.

What is worth bearing in mind are those that try and cloud your perception for the purposes of control, subjugation and personal gain. This is the real threat for once your perceptions are altered to an untruth then so is your mind!

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Hi NephraTari,

Thanks for your excellent post. I think the reason some can do what others cannot is the quality of the frequency they hold and their openess to thinking outside the box.
Apparently openess is not a word but I am using it anyway.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
So to clarify because ones belief system 'shapes' your perception and your beliefs can be wrong then ergo so can your perception, which would also lead to your perception of reality being scewed or distorted. Because we don't have all the answers we have to trust in what resonates with our hearts and minds, but we are not walking in the dark, many have gone before us and given us a helping hand in helping us separate the wheat from the chaff to facilitate a clearer perception of what is and what isn't.

What is worth bearing in mind are those that try and cloud your perception for the purposes of control, subjugation and personal gain. This is the real threat for once your perceptions are altered to an untruth then so is your mind!

Very interesting concept on beliefs shaping perceptions.
Also I agree with the interference, I believe they have caused distortions in our energy matrixes. Thanks for sharing. No need to apologize, never too late.

Edited to add: I have 7 written pages to respond to everyone and I will do it.
Please forgive me but there was a lot of post on the first day. I am sort of glad it slowed down so that I can catch up. Be back later. I need to go alter reality.

[edit on 8-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
This sums up my philosophy as well. I think we are all part of some great force and connected, however I do not think that the source is an entity unto itself it is all of life combined. I think our awareness of that source and the nature of all life is stifled while in physical form of life, but I have no way to confirm that.?

Hi I posted this on another thread and to me it some how makes some sense of what we are.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Originally posted by Astyanax
A multiplicity of truths cannot all be true, or realities would collide.

Says who?

It's obvious if you think a little.

And even better yet, if such collisions did occur who is to say the effects of said collisions, what would be the mechanics, could we even figure out if it was or wasn't true? Perhaps, many of the strange effects we see happening in the universe is perhaps such collisions you mentioned?

No need to worry our pretty little heads about this. There are no such collisions, because there is only one reality, however many billions of ways it may be perceived.

[edit on 11/5/09 by Astyanax]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I find your logic refreshing. We don't know as much as we think we do. We can only believe in ourselves, our experiences and our interactions. What's blue for me could be green for you. What's large to a microscope is invisible to my eye. It's all simple relativity. Thanks for your post!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Hello everyone... Hope everyone is.

Astyanax, when I read your post, it made me think of this and I went and dug it out.
Just food for thought from the Eastern side of things.

Source was years ago at www.thedailyguru.com...

"The mind is a very helpful tool to help you reach enlightenment, but unfortunately it can only get you so far in your quest for complete spirituality.

To cross over to the other side, you must leave your mind at the doorway of infinity. This is symbolic of certain religions that tell you to leave your shoes at the door before entering the temple.

The mind cannot enter because it always wants something to do, In the eternal world, there is nothing to do, it is a state of being, not doing.

In the state of enlightenment, you have no need of a thinking mind because there is nothing to think about, and besides, who needs the aid of the ego mind, when we have total and complete access to the mind of God.

The mind is the last obstacle you must overcome to complete the journey to wholeness, because it is the mind that has lead you to believe that you are fragmented, separate and un-wholly, which in reality is a lie."

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Continuing responses.

MG, I think the mind is like a computer running corrupted programs and we need to fix our computers.

Bugsmasher, great avatar name!

ZeroGhost, You gave words to a complex concept "like ice in water"
I totally agree with food preparation and the state of the preparer.
I am not a vegetarian but when I consider the treatment of, and process by which the animals we eat are slaughtered, I feel I should be. Which I believe is why some bless there food.

I also loved your art and I hope that you share more of it!

FreestoneW, Hi, I will checkout your dream blog when time allows. I also believe as many do that things are going on behind the scenes and many are getting up to speed.

Beingthelight, The mind again. LOL In Buddhism there is a meditation practice called Ox Herding, your post brought this to mind. LOL the Ox was the mind in this scenario and the Ox herder was the Consciousness and always brought the mind back. Its goal was silencing the mind, I was never very successful at this.

ZG and Neno, Your a Trekie, I'm a Trekie too! I am such a SciFi freak. Not much SciFi that I haven't seen.

I will finish all responses soon, not that anyone cares but I want to.

Peace!
Cindy

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Thanks for the Ox analogy! I've actually never heard before but I love it. It takes a lot of training for the ox to forget 25 years of learning how to do things one way. In some people it can be like breaking a wild mustang.

Found this video this morning. The catholic church must really be hurting right now if they are pouring on the shameless fear tactics on you tube! My god Eckhert Tolle and Oprah are really hurting our cash flow with all of this discover god for yourself talk! Lets make it look a cult so people will maybe forget that we touch kids!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Fascinating thread. Its very late - so just a quick note for now.

I always say - we are creatures of assimilation. I don't know how much is actually taught to us - as much as we are assimilated into our environment and beliefs.

I do believe we are in a type of Matrix and anyone can choose the red pill - if they are in the process of awakening. All my life a force has been "banging" on my head to wake up and take the red pill. My awareness stepped out of the box before I could crawl - - which certainly created friction and rejection in the assimilation process.

It is my observations physical humans would be far better off living in a matriarchal polygamous society - similar to elephants. Is that "out of the box"? It sure stuns a lot of people and generates quite the feedback.

Truthfully - I've always felt more natural connecting with my spiritual energy - - rather then physical existence. Physical feels awkward and foreign to me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

A multiplicity of truths cannot all be true, or realities would collide.

Says who?

It's obvious if you think a little.

And even better yet, if such collisions did occur who is to say the effects of said collisions, what would be the mechanics, could we even figure out if it was or wasn't true? Perhaps, many of the strange effects we see happening in the universe is perhaps such collisions you mentioned?

No need to worry our pretty little heads about this. There are no such collisions, because there is only one reality, however many billions of ways it may be perceived.

[edit on 11/5/09 by Astyanax]

Just because you do not experience or can not perceive the collisions doesn't mean they don't exist...

A collision of reality by definition is one of few things that could exist without observation.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by bringthelight

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Oprah. That being said...

What does that video have anything to do with the Catholic Church?

The poster of that Youtube video has a website. In the "about us" page of that site you will note that she is an author named Carrington Steele. She describes herself as a "fundamentalist Christian." In no way is that author a Roman Catholic.

"About us" Page of Posters Website

I do not support that author, however I am highly confused by your post.

How is the video and your subsequent paragraph (shown below) related?

Originally posted by bringthelight
Found this video this morning. The catholic church must really be hurting right now if they are pouring on the shameless fear tactics on you tube!

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Studious]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Astyanax... food for thought from the Eastern side of things.

Thanks. That's the side I was born and currently live on, by the way.

From your Daily Guru source:

To cross over to the other side, you must leave your mind at the doorway of infinity.

Translation: don't try to think, just trust us.

This is the line taken by every two-bit con artist.

No further comment required, I think.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Studious

My mistake, I guess it doesn't make much difference to me. Sorry if it offended you. Ive seen roman catholic ministers attacking them as well. Its just sad that they have to use scare tactics. If people can find god within them selves...let them!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Hey thanks for the video. I don't think Studious was offended.
I think the Catholic Church as many religious organizations, reap what
they sow.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I just don't like when any person or group is attacked for something they didn't even do.

If it was a misunderstanding that prompted the response I wanted to correct that.

If it was just used as a way to attack this religion for something it was not responsible for, then I would be offended. (Though I doubt that is what your intentions were. So therefore I'm not offended.
)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Studious

Wow. I haven't had time to finish reading all the responses to OP as I just found this website but I had to stop when I read your idea of perceptions of colors theory.
When I was about 13 years old, I was in bed one day and I started thinking about the same exact thing. What if my red was different from someone else's red but we both called it red because it was what we had learned. (Which inevitably led be to question everything I knew or thought I knew)
I tried to convey these ideas to some of my friends who could not understand at all what I was trying to say.
It was just interesting to me that someone could have the same "theory" and thought process as I had.
For the last ten years , I put all abstract thinking aside to focus on jobs/relationships, etc...but just started to get back into deep thinking.

I look forward to reading more posts on this board...it seems like a great place to discuss different thoughts/perceptions about the world in which we live.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join