It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perceptions, Reality, Imagination

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Wonderful work, and 'thoughts'! I found I had to download the picture to get the full impact of it, as the right hand side doesn't show up in the thread.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yes, hello, Cindymars, and others.

I have been Told, years ago, by guides and angels, that I would astral travel a lot to experience places in the afterlife worlds. This in my dreams. I have had some *very* strange experiences.

Some I have written up, on the internet.

freestonesvisions.blogspot.com...

This began about 15 or 20 years ago, I am now about 68 years old.

Of late, my visions tell me that there is a revolution, of sorts, in the heavens: they all are changing into the *new* home for the human race and that "everyone else" is going there, eventually, not just the "jesus saved" people!
[one of the hidden messeges infused by spirit, I feel, into the movie, KNOWING]
that things are really OK for the human race, that all of the stresses
and events, of the last 50+ years, are actions by Spirit to try to get as many people as possible "up to speed" for to be able to experience
this new world, when they arrive there, better!

freestone

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
They say that there is a fine line between genious and insanity, and that line is called success.

When I started to embrace the fact that I am crazy I started to become happier and happier.

Success = Happiness

If you're happy and you spread positivity instead of negativity what else could possibly matter?

I'm blind to all haters.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Great thread OP! S+F

I love coming on to ATS after a days work and seeing something from the P,P,M forum at the top of the board! I live for discussions such as these!

Whats incredible about peoples subjective realities is how vastly different they can be. Picture two people walking side by side in a forest together. One lives in the moment, is right brained dominant, and just meditated for an hour prior to the walk....The other person is left brain dominant, lives life on the fast track, and constantly thinks about their past/future.

These two people will experience two completely different sensory realities on the walk. They will literally see, smell, hear, touch, and taste two different worlds. It is amazing how vastly different these worlds are to each of the perceivers.

How do I know this? I was once so caught up in my own mind that i could not enjoy a walk through a forest. Through research, meditation, and experiences, I have completely changed my reality and it amazes me at how different I see the world. When I say see, i mean it literally. My eyes see differently than they did 3 years ago. Once you free your mind of clutter and babble, you begin seeing the true beauty of this world.

Change your basic beliefs and change your life! It takes some time and dedication, but what is more important?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Wonderful work, and 'thoughts'! I found I had to download the picture to get the full impact of it, as the right hand side doesn't show up in the thread.

nenothtu out

Your very kind. Enjoy the art. Soon with any luck I'll have my art web up again. It went down ten years ago. Love to share it.

BTW, your a Trekie, I'm a Trekie!

Actually I remember the very first show Star Trek when I was a kid. Never stopped watching. It had wonderful values to help us all tune to a positive and progressive modes of society. I think it helped us all envision very good things we made real. I had a colleague who worked on STNG with Okuda. I used to show work with him in shows at Cons. I did a lot of science fiction too because of my fascination with all things space since I was a zygote it seems. (I must be a hybrid!)

I have more images on the server. I'll post when appropriate. I just don't want to be too self focused. Really love others thoughts and feelings here. More of that!

ZG

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
From personal experience i believe that in this very small space and time that we(as in individual) occupy, anything is possible. When i say "anything" i don't mean literally ANYTHING. I think once we know the limitations of this realm (gravity, time, feelings) we have the ability to provoke whatever conclusion (ex: Law of Attraction). With that being said, i would like to express, that through personal experience (you could believe it or not) i believe strongly that spirits exist, and that u attract spirits that compliment your attitude. So if you're a morally bad person u attract "bad" spirits. But if you're genuinely good, u attract good spirits. I realized this, one day when i created my own meditation procedure, and while meditating i was thinking about all of my friends that have died( i live in the "hood" so i know plenty of dead people) and when i opened my eyes and called out the colors green and purple (sounds wierd but its a game my sister and I play where we call out a pair of colors and once we break our eye contact and look at anything "random" it ends up being the color combo we predicted) and the weirdest things were those colors. For example a pair of shoes i bought from one of my boys that died from diabetes, smacked my brain because it was those exact colors!! After that i took a shower because my sister wanted to check out an organic supermarket, and when i was showering i was having very in depth conversations with myself, and really started to notice the different attitudes that i have in my head. Even tho they sound the same in my (yours also its inside of everyones lol) head i noticed a huge difference in personalities, and the timing in which they would differentiate. Considering that I was in the shower, it wasn't hard to realize that every time I would have thoughts about abusing the "spirit-aid" and saying stuff like "oh i could summon you guys whenever since you have all the time in the world to spare" i would get a quick response back letting me know that, they have other people to take care of like their family, friends,kids etc. This was extremely shocking to me, especially when i realized exactly when i was becoming this greedy human, my hands were on my genitals and when i responded back i would let go...makes me come to the conclusion that we have a direct link with the ONE and we have a connection with the animal instinct that earthlings have..

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
All you need is love
love is all you need

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost

BTW, your a Trekie, I'm a Trekie!

ZG

Here follows a shameless plug, worked into the fabric of the thread subject matter:

The avatar is insignia from a Space Opera writing collaboration at ATS that cindymars, myself, studious, whisper67, Slayer69 and several others are involved in. It can be found here.

The basic premise is two ships, two species, two 'realities' that have to some how merge together, overcoming those separate (WIDELY separate!) realities to work together for the common good. It provides entirely different perspectives on the same events, as each species approaches it from their own 'reality'. They won't get jack done, however (in my opinion), until they overcome the separate viewpoints and engage in a common framework, a common 'reality' if you will. It's a work in progress, so check back often!

nenothtu out

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
A multiplicity of truths cannot all be true, or realities would collide.

Says who? And even better yet, if such collisions did occur who is to say the effects of said collisions, what would be the mechanics, could we even figure out if it was or wasn't true? Perhaps, many of the strange effects we see happening in the universe is perhaps such collisions you mentioned?

So there has to be only one truth. It may be perceived in different ways, but the ways can only be complementary, not antagonistic to one another - because if two propositions are antagonistic, one has got to lose. In some cases a synthesis may be possible at a deeper level, but then, of course, you'd end up with one truth all over again.

If your premise stood proven, perhaps. You are also forgetting the nature of the beast, meaning mankind himself.

One truth: one reality.

So someone gets to feel "right".... Which is generally why we quibble and bicker about "truths" that are often found to be anything but, a great deal of people have to feel somehow they are above their fellows, even if it is nothing more than a feeling.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Very nice. Where do you discuss the story? It looks like there is only ongoing story. I don't want to divert from this subject. I need to do much more reading too. Great idea, but I wanted to comment on how important this type of exorcise is to the process of understanding and knowledge. Do you guys/gals have a place to discuss with the audience?

ZG

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Excellent OP,cindy; the concept of reality is indeed personal and subjective to so many individual factors that the combinations that lead each of us to be our own id and persona are limitless; it is also quite relevant that statement made by H G Wells and Jules Verne, that the science fiction of today oftimes becomes tomorrows reality.

As for draming and astral travel, the late Carlos Castenada shared an incident where he witnessed his other self sleeping whilst he was awake, therefore giving him the notion that his reality was actually the dreaming of his true self and vice versa.

Indeed tho,the intense programming from birth that we are subjected to has too much limiting factors for most to be able to see past it; but the mind is so intense and so adept at controlling what we recieve and percieve as reality that one can block out pain, or even convince yourself that, as the firewalkers do, believing hot coals will not burn is very possible.

you have created an excellent open exercise for stimulation of the theater of the mind, my friend.

seeker

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The absolute objective reality or truth is I suspect, an infinite object and point of attraction, which can never be fully known, only endlessly approached through increasing concentrive spheres of conscious awareness, and I also suspect that the exploration and love of "the other" is about as close as we can ever get, since there is no such thing as isolate consciousness, and, since the undifferentiated whole was differentiated for the sake of love. So I think we're into a continuous process of differentiation and reintegration with the whole, by willing to give of or bracket self for the sake of another, any other. In this sense, Jesus was the most fortunate human being to ever live. In a way he stole the great work from everyone else, and all we can ever do, is a pale immitation by comparison.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

hehey. I like your way of thinking OP. Now we're on to something.

I am like you, and I think that if the world shared this perspective we would be in a much better place, and that speaks for itself.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Yea, I am home from the reality of work.
I want to thank everyone for truly thoughtful and inspiring post, seriously amazing.
BRAVO ALL!

Pai Mei, Self Respect is paramount. I will go one further Self Sovereign, I am fully responsible for every aspect of my incarnate existence.

MG, You have really come into your own. A good ATS pal.

Beamish,

"What worries me is the profusion of folks who cannot wait to escape this particular existence."

I escape any harsh reality I am experiencing daily and I have no problem with that.
I call it altered reality.

Astyanax, Regarding truth: Who knows, but there have been some great insights.
I was thinking about truth is there an absolute truth? For me at this moment, I would have to say that the only absolute would be The Absolute/ Source/ God/ Creator, that we are all a part of (IMO) and the mechanic's of creation. In believing that, I believe that we were all there, so we only need to re-member and recall what we "truly" are.

Perseus Apex, I agree with the idea of a blue-print, a divine blue-print, a construct to our energy matrixes. Thanks for the link.

FifiGi, Interesting concepts.

n1zzzn, your thread sound very interesting. Dreams are so personal I often feel protective of them. The realms we exist in or create in while sleeping are as complex as
this topic.

spartacus mills, as Seeker mentioned Carlos Castenada suggest that the dreamer was not the traveller. My words paraphrasing what I thought he meant. Correct me if I misunderstood anyone.

SymettricAvenger, you mentioned your thread but did not link it. Link it if you would.

Sorry I have not gotten farther in responding. Thanks for all my friend for participating, because I ask them too. I will get caught up eventually. I have read it all just overwhelmed and impressed.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by cindymars]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Exactly! I always wonder why people believe only what they were raised by their parents to believe. Not always ofcourse their are many exceptions, but most do. Say you were raised Christian or Jewish or Muslim do you just except that as reality as truth without questioning?

I am the product a fairly unusual upbringing CindyMars. My parents divorced while I was quite young and my maternal grandfather became my Father figure from the age of 6 to 14 years. He was an agnostic, pacifist by nature who did not believe in the Christian concept of G-d, but loved to sing in the Church Choir! He was highly educated holding a PHD yet always championed and developed close lifelong personal relationships with the workers and the Steel Mill in Pittsburgh he ran. He was passionate about politics and was a card carrying member of the American Communist Party, his personal dream and hope for humanity was that one day it would develop into a utopian society without a need for laws imposed through an authority based system, or for money or commerce for profit, but where everyone would share and share alike. He loved to read and helped me learn to appreciate reading every bit as much as he did. He loved buying and collecting books of all kinds from detective novels, to alternative health and holistic healing, to history, science, conspiracy theories, expose, fictional and non-fictional novels, UFO’s and Ancient Civilizations, military and political history and works of comedy. He was very progressive for an elderly man in the early 1970’s. He and his retired friends loved discussing conspiracies and politics of all kinds and to their delight beginning at the age of 6 I began studiously observe their conversations and sometimes very passionate debates. They thought it was rather cute at first, and then were amazed that I was actually following along and registering and comprehending everything they were discussing. When they realized this I became the unofficial debate referee. They had spent the better part of several decades trying to convince one another of their arguments without much luck, so they soon started crafting their debates with one another to appeal directly to me so I might decide for them who was really most correct. They all saw dark days ahead for our nation after living 7 decades of it’s history and watching the progression of the slow erosion of the constitution and the ascension of the corporations to a position of national and international dominance and generally feared for my future that they knew they would not be a part of by pouring every shred of knowledge they had to share into my young fertile mind. Needless to say they turned me into a walking talking breathing fully functional 70 year old by the time I was 8. That didn’t go over to well with my teachers in school by the age of 13 so I was briefly made a ward of the State as a result after being declared incorrigible. It was brief interment as the State was adequately prepared and empowered at that level to take on a 13 year old not a 70 year old! After a series of stinging defeats I handed to Montgomery County Maryland, the State of Maryland and the Federal Government, the FBI handed off the ball to the CIA to have a go with me and after a series of lengthy interviews under the guise of ‘tutoring’, it was assumed I in essence thought like a good Roman, and would act like a good Roman, but it wasn’t in Rome’s interest to let me anywhere near it’s young and impressionable minds. So at the age of 14 by contractual agreement between the state and my Mother whom they had returned guardianship over me again to by that time, it was decided they would not seek to educate me, and I would not ask to be educated. I was officially kicked out of the ‘Box’ and not welcome inside of it any longer. I had my first undisputed psychic encounter at the age of 8, my second far more significant one at the age of 13, and yet another at the age of 14 that would shatter any hope at all that I might one day share the same illusion of reality as just about everyone else did.

Already by that age, and much more so over the next couple of decades, again and again I would find the age old adage of “When a pupil is ready, a Master shall appear” as an eclectic and varied group of mentors would come and go in my life preparing me almost magically to get through an unending series of trials and travails those living within the box would seldom if ever face. I was 27 years old when much to my horror and dismay my rapidly collected and wide array of knowledge let me to accidentally opening the door to the ‘other side’. What little hope I still clung too that maybe mine might one day develop into a ‘normal’ life was so dashed, smashed, and dismantled beyond any repair all I could do was resign myself to that rather rare fate. My friends and business associates often affectionately love to say that they are sure “I have lost it” to which I always jovially reply “I never even found it”.

My entire life has been lived outside of the ‘box’ and anything that ‘normal’ people universally have to and get to participate in throughout the formative process, I was never in attendance of or exposed too.

That’s how I was raised. I was raised by a rather surprising universe that seemed at times to take almost sadistic joy, that nothing surprised me at all.

A good example, my Mother does not at all question, but feels afraid to believe anything other than what she has been taught as a Fundamental Christian. Thats ok that is her reality.

Ignorance truly is bliss CindyMars and people should be always be careful about what they do ask for, because don’t you know they just might get it. Most people become the sum total of their immediate environment and the weight of circumstances they encounter in it that leads to their fate. Of course the best way to avoid weighty circumstances is to ask no questions. The three happy little monkeys that see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil, are happy little monkeys. They are of course nonetheless monkeys, but happy. Whether through religion, politics, or business, most people have a wonderful penchant for developing an underlying set of circular logic ideals and principals that typically allow them to pen and corral themselves in such a way they will never break out of the box. In large part because that’s the way they prefer it. They don’t want to be crucified, imprisoned, committed, or shunned, but to enjoy that treadmill of life they create that allows them for the most part to go round and round and round again with the family and friends they most love. No pain no gain, no risk, no loss, and safe, sure, comfortable. In my humble opinion they are the lucky ones, they carry weight upon their shoulders but not the weight of the World or the Universe, and theirs is a light load. They have lots of time for family and friends and play when the work day is done.

But sometimes here some people will quote Science as fact. Its not necessarily fact to me. Anything under observation becomes self aware.

All roads lead to Rome Cindymars. Whether it’s a wiccan’s spell, a Christian’s prayer, an alchemist’s formulas and calculations, an engineer’s or architect’s graphs and designs, a Doctor’s scalpel and sutures, or a metaphysical desire to manifest…it all accomplishes the same thing. Many roads, one destination, the same destination, travelled to in that way they have learned to believe that particular journey can be made.

Between you and I Cindymars, you might better understand that science itself was born first and foremost for one thing, to practice the art of alchemy, the oldest and first scientific endeavor, still unrealized, alchemy the science and art of turning non-precious substances into Gold! They still haven’t succeeded so the next Einstein that crosses your path and seeks to intellectually torment you can simply say “Well, hey you guys still haven’t accomplished your first task to make Gold out of other materials…so what’s up with that?” “I guess rocket science and quantum physics is a little easier?” Of course a few people know how to make other things into Gold through a metaphysical process called Terra Forming! Let’s see them come with all the x’s and o’s for that one!

Thanks for the S & F.

Your quite welcome CindyMars tis always a pleasure to share with you, thank you!

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
"I can awake and feel as if I climbed a hill and I would know, as in my waking physical life I do not get much exercise."

If you awake and feel as if you climbed a hill then you're probably not getting enough stage-5 REM sleep. Just ask any insomniac! When you can't stay asleep long enough to reach stage-5 you'll feel absolutely exhausted in the morning.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   

I escape any harsh reality I am experiencing daily and I have no problem with that. I call it altered reality.

Oh, believe me, I do that too. I’m very rarely “at home” in my head, so to speak.

My problem with this culture of people wanting to escape reality is that they are denying themselves the wonders of this world in the process. And it’s this planet that has given us the wonderful opportunity to be able to seek out that elusive “other” place.

However, in retrospect, some of us are far too captivated by Earth’s beguiling hold on our inner being (as I said above, I am often off with the fairies, but I still as yet cannot let myself actually go to meet them. You cannot imagine how annoying that is). And that hold, that strong yet caring grip that pins me down to solid ground is extremely hard to escape.

I want to feel it release me, but just cannot figure out how to. This hindrance manifests in several ways, none of them healthy I imagine, and in its own way becomes a reality, if not the reality for me. And it’s being aware that there is a myriad of other realities awaiting me does my pragmatic soul no favours.

I know that that is a contradiction, but it’s also a character flaw that I hold onto dearly, and this is why; being of a skeptical nature, I see the world in its essential form, solid and real, but the alternate side of my nature, the one that I for some reason keep suppressed, has an ongoing dialogue with this dreadfully sensible facet of my personality, and insists that there really is more to life than I could possibly imagine.

That keeps me going, and gives me hope.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

so you get a feel for what i am about:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is about your mind..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is about perception of your mind or the fallacy of our life "in words" and what they in fact mean really..

enjoy! the 2nd is one is very fun

[edit on 7-5-2009 by symmetricAvenger]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I believe the things that may "differ" us and at the same time unite us are our different cultures, beliefs and perceptions of reality and imagination. This in itself is a beautiful thought. I'm pretty sure everyone "adopts" something from people with different culture, beliefs, perceptions, etc.

But as human beings, all those things cease to exist when we take care for one another, specially in times of happiness, sadness, prosperity and in times of need. IMO, that's what makes us universal.

Nice artwork, BTW. I liked the second image's art.

[edit on 5/7/2009 by DarkElvis]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I'm very artistic and have a talent for capturing a likeness in portraits and have explored water colors and mixed media, explored color in dying fibres, spinning and weaving and textiles. My health and family intruded in much of this, but these are what I would happily spend several life times continuing with.

Reality isn't as fixed as many of us think. As an example, most people think they're living in a shared reality, when in reality its a paradigm set up by controllers who do not have their best interest at heart. In reality there is a different truth underneath the surface. Even in the aspect of physics itself, the most interesting discoveries are metaphysics, such as the recent work of Russian Scientists discovering human language changes our dna in real time.
Language, sound, frequencies, and perhaps even thought, profoundly affects the reality we live in.

Creativity raises our intelligence, enhances our spirituality, improves our mediation experiences, deepens our insights, raises our IQs and I believe goes hand in hand with most scientific breakthroughs.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by mystiq]

[edit on 7-5-2009 by mystiq]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join