It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas police shake down drivers, lawsuit claims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I also forgot Texas has 58 wins to Oklahoma's 40 in the 98 games played so far

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
WHat is the best thing to come out of Oklahoma?

Southbound I-75

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I appreciate everybodies posts but let us all try to stay on topic.

Thank you all ahead of time.

remember this is a thread about the abuses perpetrated by a small towns police force in east Texas.

Let's talk about that.

Peace and love.

Thanks you all

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Having been in Texas law enforcement for 15 years, I can tell you one huge problem. It is a big problem with all employers, but presents the most potential for trouble in LE. I'm not sure if you have any experience with conducting background investigations on prospective employees, but it can be a nightmare.

Every past employer is so concerned with being sued for providing a bad reference, that bad employees are seldom weeded out. This is, especially, true for LW agencies, being government entities. Bad cops, often, move from one agency to another, with glowing references. It is disheartening to witness.

Having said that, I will tell you the bad cops are the exception, rather than the rule. I know I will be challenged on that statement, but I know the character of those with whom I have served. Some were scum and were undeserving of the job. Most were good people with the welfare of all as their first concern.

P.S. I will not take part in an argument about that.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Having said that, I will tell you the bad cops are the exception, rather than the rule. I know I will be challenged on that statement, but I know the character of those with whom I have served. Some were scum and were undeserving of the job. Most were good people with the welfare of all as their first concern.

P.S. I will not take part in an argument about that.

I absolutley agree that bad cops are in the minority. In my experience dealing with the law, about 99% were great, friendly curtious and truly do have the goal of protecting and serving, in mind.

Out of all the times I had to deal with the police (not that much) I have personally only had to deal with one mornic and incompitent cop.

I agree, and I want to say that I think it is honorable that you are not willing to fight about it.

99% of cops are great. now if we could just figure out what to do about the 1% that are corrupt abusive and power hungry.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join