It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen Homeschooler Arrested Under Patriot Act

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Apparently someone stole this family's IP address and were making bomb threats with it.

This teen was arrested by the FBI and the entire house was searched with a search warrant.

Unbelievable story....and it just goes to show you how the Patriot act infringes on our freedoms.

"They can come and take anyone in your family away...even your children..and they don't have to be guilty."

Quoted from the mother of the 16 year old TEENAGER who was arrested.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It also goes to show of how they SUCK at their jobs........

They should be 100%, b4 putting families through this nightmare!

Unbelievable.

Thanx 4 posting David

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Already a thread with video floating around for about a week or so.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Apparently someone stole this family's IP address and were making bomb threats with it.

This teen was arrested by the FBI and the entire house was searched with a search warrant.

Unbelievable story....and it just goes to show you how the Patriot act infringes on our freedoms.

"They can come and take anyone in your family away...even your children..and they don't have to be guilty."

Quoted from the mother of the 16 year old TEENAGER who was arrested.

Ha, in Vancouver recently swat team had a warrant for an apartment 206, so they smash down the door for 205, yell everyone get on the ground... so the 3 innocent guys do, well the swat team runs in with dogs and uses the dogs to literally bite-pull them into the hall one by one... and yup, wrong door.

Don't worry, they "apologized" for the sheer terror it must have been.

www.ctvbc.ctv.ca...

article.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by king9072]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
They went by IP address? You've got to be joking. Depending on how your connection is set up your IP can change every time you turn on your computer. One would think they would at bare minimum go by MAC address which the average person wouldn't know how to change. Not to say it's 100% fool proof either, any person with a passing knowledge of networking can change it quite easily.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Not to sound pro government but they did what they had to do. Suppose it was the house of the guy really doing the bomb treats and they were more than threats. Huge tragedy adverted. Is it BS that it happened to an innocent person yes. They obviously didn’t know it was a stolen I.P. address ,hopefully, so they went where the IP they had told them to.

Now I have to go take a shower to wipe the stench off from defending the government.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't know if he's guilty of making the bomb threat or not but I can say that it must be terrifying and horribly frustrating for that mother. I cannot imagine what it would feel like to be so out of any control over the situation. That's a horrible, horrible situation. God bless her.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Can anyone here actually tell me they can't track down the thief in this case ? Look all this is about is a slam against home schooling. I was happily homeschooled from 9th-11th then had to quit get a job and so on so forth. If it's not about home schooling then either this kid is in deep sh#t
or somebody needs to be found and arrested.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
Mom says Patriot Act stripped son of due process

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join