It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are they after in modern day Sumeria (aka. Iraq)?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

Originally posted by justsomeboreddudeThat takes the cake. You sit on here and believe some story a guy made up about Annunuki creating humans, and then turn around and make fun of people that believe in the Bible.

I don't believe that the Annunuki created humans at all. I think the belief is just as preposterous as the bible's Genesis. Both are creation myths. If you reread the OP, you'll notice I state quite clearly that I don't believe the story that Marrs tells with specific reference to King Solomon.

I'm not making fun of anyone, I'm disputing an assertion, even though originally I wanted to know what people knew about the thefts of the Bagdad museum.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard
reply to post by jjkenobi

Yea, but bible prophesies are a rather silly thing, really. There is so much talk about the antichrist and doomsday and the second coming, when in reality none of it makes sense...

... unless you take 666/616 and put it in context to John and the time it was written then it becomes obvious what he was talking about. Nero Caesar.

Otherwise, the AC and the SC are both extremely over due.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Welfhard]

You know, funny enough, I was thinking about this just yesterday, and came to the conclusion that several of the prophecies of Revelation DO make sense, but it haven't make sense "logically" until NOW, in THIS day and age.

For instance, the texts saying that people over the whole World will be able to see the Antichrist at one and the same time. Or the texts saying that he will have an "image" of him made, that will speak.

Not to mention the prophecies describing the "Mark of The Beast", which nearly accurately matches the RFID-Chip implant or Tattoo.

In short, you don't have to even be a Christian to find the Bible extremely interesting.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

The idea that Nero was the beast was suggested to me by a very clever Christian who in fact thought that revelation was being fulfilled on purpose so that when it came time, all the christians would just sit there and do nothing while the forces of evil took over.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Yes, Nero COULD have been a candidat, but to be able to be labeled as THE Antichrist, that "being" must also "fit" all the prophecies described. As far as I know, Nero was not seen by everyone at the same time, nor had a talking "Image" made, or made everyone wear the Mark.

Ofcourse, another possibility are that the "viewers" in Revelation recieved mixed images from various future leaders, and took it as one single leader. OR, that THE Antichrist still remains to come.

Oh anyway, I won't spoil this thread with biblical talk, when it is about Ancient Technology in Iraq.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

But it doesn't talk about antichrist, but antichrists.

Plus there are two numbers associated with the best 666 and 616. One is the English that was translated from Greek, translated from Hebrew and the other is translated strait from Hebrew. They both mean Nero Caesar in the original Hebrew because of the letters in that language have numbers attached.

He is practically named in the book.

That and Jesus said the second coming would be "soon". As in some who stood there at the time would still be alive. I think we've missed it.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Well, in one way you are right, it is high time, but that is assuming the AC isn't already here. Which I've recently been studying a great case that the vatican/roman catholic church is the AC, but not to get off topic.

Bible prophecy isn't necessarily silly if you consider it was rewrites of previous prophecies and histories coming out of the Sumeria, Akkadia, Babylon etc. It may *sound* silly to us right now, but the bible as we know it is old, and the stories it was made up of are even older still.

Consider:

1) History has a way of repeating itself.
2) History is re-written by the winners
3) Empires for thousands of years have been using "assimilation" meaning they steal the beliefs/ceremonies/histories of the culture(s) they are trying to conquer and tweak them slightly to create a means to their own ends.

Just saying

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I dunno but it's interesting that TPTB are trying to find excuses to go into Iran and Syria as well, it sounds to me like they're trying to get access to ancient settlements, maybe they're looking for something?

Especially with all the recent satellite pictures showing thousands of new ancient settlement sites in Syria, I am under the impression that someone is looking for something rather important that they think is in the area.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Also, I know this is an old post, but for the sake of sharing, there were reputable reports of artifacts being stolen from the Ishtar gate. But, more importantly, it doesn't really matter *what* is being stolen, or *how*, but *why*.

Aliens, angels, stargates, whatever.

Knowledge is power. Knowledge equals wealth. But wealth without knowledge means wealth soon lost. Knowledge is what those that invade and conquer seek.

"The Empire" as I call it has been seeking knowledge from the time immemorial. Many a continents have been plundered in the name of some sacred quest. Whether or not you believe in the Grail, the Ark, the Fountain etc is irrelevant. Because there are obviously people who do, or something else they aren't actually saying. That is the motivation.

Besides, the war in Iraq is really all about colonization, land control. The west wants to control the Middle East. Most likely having something to do with the gathering of the tribes of Israel. It really doesn't matter whether or not we believe in it. There is always some fanatic who does. And many of these people will go to great lengths to get/accomplish/see whatever it is they happen to believe.

Just Saying

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join