It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIANTS roamed the world once before? whaat?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
hello guys,

please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum, i couldn't figure out where to chuck this so i put it in the general conspiracy forum.

OK i was browsing youtube, and then wham i see giant skeletons on YT, these things looked massive. Ive heard about giants before, but never paid any mind to it until i saw this video. i have included some pics including the YT video.

are these for real?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bcfbaee28e76.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e6f6915c2d8.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b649e4b1105b.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b289f859a46.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fe55eb50c606.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/40a9a80124d1.jpg[/atsimg]

the video

All i know s this vid caught me off guard and id like to know if these pics were legit, if they are, then why haven't they been discussed before?

leave comments and stuff, and if you think this is important flag/star it so others can see it too!

thanks!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This was the winning entry of a photoshop contest several years ago...
You'll find the source if you google

edit: hear ya go

photoshop winner
other entries for same contest

[edit on 5/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Actually, the pictures were faked. However, there is ample literary evidence, through ancient texts, that there were indeed giants...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Actually, the pictures were faked. However, there is ample literary evidence, through ancient texts, that there were indeed giants...

Yea, my neighbor down the street was telling me about them a while back. he is a preist BTW. he was telling me about 8-12 foot giants roamed the earth, that humans lived with the dino's and what-not.

IM glad i came home to see that it was hoaxed, if not then it would of been a new can of worms on my wall.

But in the ancient texts, they did say there were giants though, any kind of giants found yet REAL ones? excluding the star child skull of course.

[edit on 5/5/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

sure, it reads in the book of Enoch that the sons of god fell in love with the daughters of men. Their offspring where supposed to be giants.

And then there is Golliath....

but these are just text, hardly "evedence"

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I think the 'giants' of antiquity were just extraordinarily tall people, just as today we have people who are taller than normal, such as this guy:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I think the 'giants' of antiquity were just extraordinarily tall people, just as today we have people who are taller than normal, such as this guy:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

the pics i posted have been explained already.

The old texts state giants... could be just tall people, ACTUAL FOSSIL EVIDENCE would be nice though instead of just "texts"

So all we know are that they were most likely, just tall people... like we have today.

BtW, thankyou GypsK for the explanation of the pics b4.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It is a mistranslation.

The "giants" described in the bible come from the Hebrew word for "Nephalim" which means literally "Those who fell from the sky." The root word for the Hebrew is "naphal" which means "to fall." Why the Bibles translate this Hebrew word as "Giants" I have no idea. The Hebrew word for Giant is "gedalim."

There are also no fossils to back this up. If there were indeed a race of giants, we would find many different distinct hominids of the same stature.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
But in the ancient texts, they did say there were giants though, any kind of giants found yet REAL ones? excluding the star child skull of course.

Well, it's thought by many that many of the giants of old went underground. So, naturally, any remains of them would probably be found very deep within the earth's crust.

Goliath was supposedly over thirteen feet tall, and there were many rulers in ancient times who had humongous beds; I would think that was for reasons other than symbolic.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

Well, you know what? That is probably what people of the future will say about many of our writings today. Does that mean it wasn't factual?

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

A quick youtube search for " Patrick Heron, Nephilimn and the apocalypse " should bring up an interesting few vids which Patrick (Paddy), gives his slant on things.

Very interesting and he has credentials too if you do a google search.

I hope this helps you on your search.

Thanks Al

Try type this link 'The return of the Nephilim by Patrick Heron part-1'

www.youtube.com...
[edit on 16-5-2009 by albertfothergill]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK

Well, you know what? That is probably what people of the future will say about many of our writings today. Does that mean it wasn't factual?

hmm, imagine the people of the future reading Lords of the ring and Harry potter and then spend the next 2000 years arguing about weather it was facutal or not...
just saying..

[edit on 17/5/2009 by GypsK]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
theres a lot of references to very tall people in mythology and the bible - like goliath; king og of the bashan was 12 ft or so. there are rumoured discoveries of giants in north america/grand canyon etc. can be found with google search. all the skeletons have since disappeared but i think there were newspaper articles at the time. there are lots of 'giants' graves' in archaeology (tombe di giganti) in places like sardinia - they are megalithic tombs. there are hunnenbedden and hunnengraber in netherlands/germany (giant's beds/giant's graves); there is gigantia in malta - a megalthic stone temple said to have been built by a giantess; there are rock cut buildings in petra with doorways big enough for a giant; and also in baalbeck the doorways and size of the temple ruins are massive - like petra and said to have been built with the help of giants. (petra/jordan was i think known as 'the place of the descent' i heard). theres the giant ajax in the illiad. and hercules associated with the megalithic greek fortress of tiryns (megalthic means really BIG stones). british sailors were said to have sighted 9 foot giants in patagonia (argentina) when they visited. i think the australian aboriginies have legends that the first inhabitants of the land were giants. (as do many cultures). gilgal refaim on the golan heights was i think sposed to be associated with giants. there is another fossilized giant supposedly in north america. (altho not as well known as the one you have a photo of. i wonder about this one actually; whether it really is a hoax). of course, if you want to debunk something; you just say everything is a hoax and most people will believe you. also if you wanted to tell people about something weird but didnt want to freak anyone out, a good way would be to show real photos and pretend they're a hoax. just something to consider perhaps.
not to say there arent some genuine hoaxes of course. and of course, those who dont believe in conspiracies will likely think that everything called a hoax is one.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028

Yea, my neighbor down the street was telling me about them a while back. he is a preist BTW. he was telling me about 8-12 foot giants roamed the earth, that humans lived with the dino's and what-not.

Currently there is no physical evidence to suggest any of that.

No real ones have been found to this point and nothing suggests that there will be.

Keep in mind that it could have had to do with perspective. A certain population may have had a normal, average height of 5'5" and if a few people were born and grew to 6' 2", they would look gigantic.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by jfj123]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Pretty simple answer to all this. A 12 foot man wouldn't be able to walk. If you understand basic geometry, take a 150 lb man at 6 ft. One proportional at 12 ft would weight not double but 8 times as much. You not only have height but width and depth to account for.

So our well over half a ton man would have real problems with a heart having to circulate so much blood through the equivalent of 8 bodies. Gravity would take it's toll, the bones would either have to be super dense, adding more weight, or be susceptible to easy breakage. A lot of other internal organ and drainage problems.

The tallest man recorded was 8 ft 11. He had major health difficulties.

Mike

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

well if you read through the post, you would see that the pics were already debunked, and explained (photo shop contest) and also i didn't Know what to make of the pics, so that's why i posted them here, was discussed, and explained, and i sent my thanks...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

Pretty simple answer to all this. A 12 foot man wouldn't be able to walk. If you understand basic geometry, take a 150 lb man at 6 ft. One proportional at 12 ft would weight not double but 8 times as much. You not only have height but width and depth to account for.

So our well over half a ton man would have real problems with a heart having to circulate so much blood through the equivalent of 8 bodies. Gravity would take it's toll, the bones would either have to be super dense, adding more weight, or be susceptible to easy breakage. A lot of other internal organ and drainage problems.

The tallest man recorded was 8 ft 11. He had major health difficulties.

Mike

actually, i think there have been a few humans over 9 foot.

Re: health problems. why so? there are tall animals around like giraffes and elephants etc. if giants are a different race, surely their bodies would grow and develop to accomodate their height. look how tall brontosaurus grew.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I don't have any belief in 25 ft plus tall humans

But I do envision a time between 6,000 bc and 120,000 BC when there were other branches of humanity still walking around freely and interacting with each other.

Pygmies, Taller tribes, maybe 8-9-10 ft...

very had to say what happened in so many isolated valleys and with such small populations

We know neanderthal man interacted with us for a time, who can say for sure what other branches of ape or creatures we killed off

There does seem to be a time span particularly from 36,000 bc, around when neanderthal man was starting to or supposedly had faded from the scene until what we describe as recorded history 6-7,000 bc we simply can't account for...

it would seem our ancestors were no different than us, but we have little evidence of anything they did in that time frame.

Could they literally have lived in a world of greater genetic diversity, where other hominids giants and dwarfs maybe even other lines of man entirely still existed in scattered pockets?

I think this is likely... likely that we fought our way to the top of the food chain through a variety of savage pre-man tribes that were still around, surely some of them Giants by comparison ... but perhaps less equipped health wise as a result not really as menacing in the long run as they would sound...

The legends come from somewhere

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222

actually, i think there have been a few humans over 9 foot.

Re: health problems. why so? there are tall animals around like giraffes and elephants etc. if giants are a different race, surely their bodies would grow and develop to accomodate their height. look how tall brontosaurus grew.

Too late at night to do a basic biology course.

Different animals have different designs in terms of bones and their density, distribution of fat, size of brain, positioning of vital organs, skin and hair qualities, heart and circulation, etc.

Cows have 4 stomachs is a simple example of diversity. Dogs have more dynamic and heart rates and blood pressure - the reason they can only live to about 15 years.

Mike

top topics

<<   2 >>

join