It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something Fun - Which Nationality Do You Find Easy To Like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
With all the negative news in the world and even the odd bit of negativity on this site towards each other, I wanted to start something fun. Here's what I'd like you to participate in... if you're interested:

I'd like to hear which nationality of people you find it easy to like and why. Perhaps you have an interesting or funny story about someone from, say Ireland for example who did something funny, or something astounding, or something kind, or something unexpected. Whatever the reason is that you want to post... go ahead, as long as it's positive. And if there are 5 different nationalities you like, for whatever positive reason, let us know about all of them. Hopefully some laughter will also result here.

The idea here is to share "feel good" stories or situations about "foreigners". Please do not speak about your own country or countrymen. If there happens to be a particular nationality you DO NOT LIKE, we don't want to hear about it on this thread, ok? You can air that kind of rhetoric somewhere else... anywhere else but here... please!

Ok, let's have some fun. Who wants to start?

[edit on 5-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Um....Canadians, obviously....I generally like their sense of humour and find them to be fairly unassuming and quite laid back people to be around.

And French people....I love them and they love me. I have no idea why! Great accents though, and a weirdly sensual awareness of almost everything.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Thanks for starting it off Caitlinfae. Both my brothers married Scottish girls and they're sure likeable. Another nationality I've always been impressed with is people from Wales. First of all, my daughter who's a world class athlete has met people of darned every nationality there is, and she tells me that nobody parties like Welsh. On top of that, I'm constantly stunned by the voices that come out of Wales. I mean, I don't know why it is, but those people can sing something fierce. Beautiful power and beautiful voices.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

Hey, I know what you mean about the Welsh, but I have to say that when it comes to partying, the Irish have it licked!!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i hate everybody. but i do like cows and sheep. ive always wanted to meet a duck billed platypus. i think they are hot. i wanted to meet a kangaroo but everyone kept calling it a joey. penguins are hind of hot too.

[edit on 5/5/09 by Brain Damaged]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Funny you should say that. My family (both my mother's side and my father's side) were from Cork county. Yeah, Irish can sure party.

I've also found that the Scandinavian types are real likeable. I've never met a Dane I didn't like. People from Finland, Sweden, Switzerland are just great. I just find them to be real nice and a lot of fun.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Other than the language barrier, I find all nationalities easy to like, but those in the tropical regions I'm probably a little bit more partial to, because people in in the tropics tend to have a much more laid back, relaxed way of approaching life.

The thing is that there is good and bad people in all races, nationalities and cultures and depending on whether you met a nice person or meanie, it will influence your opinion of that nationality.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I get along with most nationalities on this planet.

But to be truthful Irish women have the sexiest accent. To me listening to an Irish woman talk is akin to listening to an angel sing. (makes me drool every time)

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I live in a highrise building that has lots of nationalities. One of the families is Chinese (right off the boat). Only the wife speaks English and only good enough that we can communicate. Anyway, they have a real cute little 5 year old guy who took a liking to me for some reason. I get down on the floor and arm wrestle him, gave him a flashlight... you know, nothin' special except that he's a cute little tyke.

Anyway, the family invited me to come to their apartment to celebrate Chinese New Year in January of '08. I was the only honky there but I was comfortable enough, because all the Chinese treated me as a friend, even those I'd never met before. They all tried their best to speak English but it was a task to understand what they meant.

My point is this... once you get into their house you get to see what warm and friendly people they are. Extremely friendly in fact. And funny! My god, I didn't think Chinese people had a sense of humor but they sure do. And they drink booze from China that's just insanely alcoholic. But they laugh a lot and are just such nice people when you get to know them.

In all honesty, that really surprised me, when in fact it shouldn't have.

new topics

top topics

join