It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope called Hitler Youth Member, not welcome in Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The Pope is visiting Israel next week and according to MK Ben Ari , the visit would be

a insult to the memory of the Holocaust.

A state welcome for the Pope would be turning our backs on the millions of jews who were killed in the Shadow of the Christian Religion of grace and mercy.

Ben Ari was quoted as saying by the Jewish Media

This pope was a member of the Hitler Youth

Not all people in Israel share this man's views , but by reading the blogs at the bottom

Quite a few share his views.

I think if this story of the Hitler youth was true , there would be a Lot more

of a protest www.haaretz.com...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
on one hand, he was a german boy in germany during the war, of course he was in the hitler youth. every german boy was in the hitler youth. part of the machine that tried to wipe out the jews.

on the other hand, the jews demanded the popes savior be hung on a cross and killed.

you've got to forgive and forget at some point.

it's all twaddle.

[edit on 5/5/09 by pieman]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Yes, Pope Benedict XVI was a member of Hitler's youth brigade, as were all German 14 yrs old boys, he has never denied this, although he has stated that he did not attend meetings or participate in their activities. I do find it interesting that while claiming the Pope is an antiSemite, or at least guilty of antiSemitism they neglect to mention how the Pope's cousin was a victim of the Holocaust (he had Down's Syndrome, and was killed by the Nazi's). I do not believe that as someone who experienced the horrors of the Holocaust personally, would deny or somehow bring shame to Holocaust suvivors.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The ironic thing is that the Ben Ari dude was a

... former member of the outlawed Kach movement, ..

And Kach ideas are not that far from those of Hitler youth. Expultion of Arabs and similar things. So what exactly gives him the right to lecture to anyone about skeletons in ones closet? Ben Ari was born in 1963 and yet it somehow bothers him more then to those tens of thousands who went through Holocaust and are OK with this visit that surely will ease the tensions.
Extremists always go with "the worse for all - the better for them" principle. So he wants to stirr things up and let all the bad stuff surface to gain politically.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Regardless of the truthfulness of anything claimed so far in this thread, it is obvious that extremists exist on both sides and there are two main driving factors for these types of people - hatred and a lack of forgiveness. Obviously greed and egomania have their part, but with the whole Jew vs. The Middle East thing, both sides need to get the hell over it somehow and accept that they must live together or destroy each other already. I have my own opinions about the current "tensions" and if anyone wants to hear them U2U me and I will gladly tell you, as I don't want to derail the thread.

Rant Over

Anyway...If it is true that he was a Hitler Youth, then the next step is to validate the assumption that he had anything personally to do with the Holocaust, or if he was simply a kid in the wrong place at the wrong time. A reasonable person would do this before going around telling his fellow countrymen that the man would bring shame to the memories of the deceased.

Edit for spelling

[edit on 5-5-2009 by obilesk]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm not certain that there is anything to validate, Pope Benedict XVI writes about in his autobiography, 2 chapters are dedicated to his life in Nazi Germany. He says that both he and his brother were members of the youth brigade athough he says he was not a Nazi. He was shortly in the airforce before deserting and reentering the seminary. This is all by his admission, I don't see why he would lie about it, if he were to lie I'd assume he'd deny it, never has, its a part of his past and part of what has formed him into who he is today.

new topics

top topics

join