It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We must end the rising "culture of negativity" (SOLUTION POSTED)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

How can you possible classify our efforts in this thread as not caring about the content or members of ATS? I'm truly amazed that you, or anyone, would jump to such a conclusion.

I agree with her and many of the other members who have voiced similiar opinions.

In fact, my last post containing words signifying my being in agreement with them led to it being classed an off-topic and removed. Review it yourself for clarification.

All I did was agree with interested always by agreeing with another member, who had their post removed...

This is disconcerting.

I submit several thousand words per week to this site - I don't want to go elsewhere, But I disagree with your new policy and I share the sentiments of interestedalways.

Yeah, I'm a negative nelly

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
In fact, my last post containing words signifying my being in agreement with them led to it being classed an off-topic and removed. Review it yourself for clarification.

I'm not required to abide your insults directed at myself and our staff.

Our intent is genuine.

Our efforts focused on best-possible content.

Our thoughts are always on what will make the community the best-possible for our members.

If you believe otherwise, present actual evidence, not vague insults aimed at my/our integrity.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Bill, I'm sorry I can't help but laugh at your surprise over this.

A simple audit of almost every other time you've asked for input from the masses would have told you far more than Nostradamus of things to come.

You know what, the changes are so minute and transparent, you should never have said a WORD, other than modifying the T&C, telling everyone you've noticed a higher degree of negativity propagating the site, and making them aware you and the staff were going to be watching.

Instead now, we've got conspiracy after conspiracy flying through the minds of the masses which are UTTERLY unfounded.

You guys are great. You guys are nice. You guys are TOO nice, stop it...let us abide by the rules and sheesh, lets all stop cryin...

Oh wait guys, I'm a dis-info agent, disregard my entire post

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I just finished sending out my digital Christmas cards to all my ATS friends and the ones that picked me as their foe.....

...i have no idea of what "negative culture" is being adressed here but i would like to wish all a very merry christmas and a happy new year!!

How is that for a completly on topic "off topic post"?

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
It pisses me off that people have to start a new thread on the same subject even though they could continue the debate in the first one.
We have two proof threads about the Norway spiral and a few other research threads on the same topic.
Maybe it's just me but this is the first forum where such duplicating of threads is allowed.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

l have not been a member on ats for long. When l first found this site l was over the moon, lt seemed to have all the topics l have ever been interested in, all in one place. l have learned so much in such a short time and l thank you all for that. One of the many topics on this site l was drawn to was lsrael and palestine. l have spent over 20yrs doing various things to help the palestinians. l find when l put up a thread there is so much hatred it is incredible. l have been called a jew hater, antisemetic ect. last week l was told that l am a moslem and to keep following my child raper. Please dont get me wrong, l can give as good as l get most of the time but the hatred has got to me. l am a Buddhist, l wish no harm to anyone. maybe l am one of trolls you are talking about l dont know. l try not to get angry as it is so negative. l just want you to know l will not write any more. l know if l do l will end up as hateful as those people and then l would end up hateing myself more. l am sorry if l have offended anyone. l will just star and flag now.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by star child

ATS is filled with all kinds of people. To survive here, you must develop a bit of a tough skin. I hope you don't let other people's actions and words determine your contribution to the board. I'm sure you have a lot to share and it would be a shame to let those who criticize you have the power to shut you up. I hope you can develop that thicker skin and continue to contribute to ATS.

Get up, brush yourself off and move on. That's what strong people do.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I have been a long term member on a couple of forums similar to ATS [10years +] and have an immaculate track record. Also I have some very strange, interesting and definitively new topics I'd like to share, mainly in the Grey Area and the Paranormal. But because I am new here on ATS I have to make 20 replies in order to start a new thread. I read the reasons behind this and can to a certain extend understand them. Yes I could find a thread that has something vaguely to do with what I have to post but in my opinion, changing the direction of a thread suddenly, saying 'this is what happened to me and it is quite different to your story' is hijacking it and unfair to the OP. Also having been reading on here for a few weeks now I can say that the remedy of having to post beforehand has not made one iota of difference to the problem. I still see several threads on the same topic, see flaming, trolling etc.
However what the 20 answer rule does do is make me think now if I should actually post at all. At the start I was very exited having found ATS, it was as if everything I always wanted in a forum was here and having been browsing, I am itching to post.However having been found guilty before I have actually done anything wrong has definitively put me off a little.

The reason I do not post answers too often at this moment in time is for this one reason only:
- I usually read through a whole thread to see if anyone has already said what I would have said. So I don't post the same again. The reason that this happens often is that I am still reading some backlog and they are very long, which makes the chances of finding an answer that I would have given higher.

This is why I have so far only managed about 3 replies [whilst on the other forums I write at least daily]. At this rate I can either wait for another few months before being able to post my own stories [and hope that I have not lost interest in ATS by then] or post quickly some random waffling to get my 20 replies faster. Which I would think is exactly NOT what the mods want, but which is obviously done by others, reading through the threads.

I truly think that ATS has probably lost a lot of good honest people who would have something really interesting to report but who can't be bothered with this 20 responses rule. I have read 'one hit wonder' threads that were very interesting by people who don't normally post but would just like to share and then go back to reading the forum only. ATS is losing all those posts which are often the best.

So a big hello from me and I do believe that I have only 16 responses to go to be 'allowed' to start a thread.

Edited to say that I am very probably in the wrong thread...sorry duh.
edit on 12-11-2011 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I think so-called "reality" television is teaching people bad behavior. ...For what it's worth. That stuff bugs me.

Keep up the good work - it's hard to turn tides and roll boulders up mountains but ATS does it. Great job and thanks. (There's a reason I keep coming back.)

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I am tired of negativity!
edit on 6-22-2012 by Springer because: Removed blatant plug of and link to "tadio" show.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I see the idea you have for the 20 reply before being able to post a thread but many people like me have interesting things to share. like symbols I found in cemetery mausoleums.

posted on Feb, 21 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This is weird. I'm not sure what your forum is all about but look this up and tell me if you don't think this is weird. I have often seen the combination of 222 with the last few years. It kind of bugs me so I decided to look up and see if others see it too. I was just looking up to see if there was a negative association with this number and when I searched on google this is what came up:
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread460832/pg222
forums.thebump.com...
www.wivenhoeforum.co.uk...
www.dreadlockssite.com...=222

All these forums seem to have designated pg 222 for the discussion of negativity. Either it is a big coincidence or we are in a strange matrix and of course it wouldn't surprise me because this universe seems to be very mathematical. Once I again I know this is weird. Ignore if you don't care.

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: goodygwen

You do realise that you are posting this on 2-22?

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

And on the 22nd page!

That said, this thread could probably use the bump. People are getting bitchy again......I blame politics and the economy.....
edit on 22-2-2016 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Haha indeed it is.

and agreed

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It's one thing to disagree on something, it's a whole different issue HOW people disagree. Some people disagree disrespectfully, some people make a weak argument in how they disagree. "It didn't happen to me so it can never happen any time any where." That's a false argument, because "Absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence."

I myself didn't believe in any of this paranormal stuff years ago... until it happened to me. Now I know there is at least something else out there, the how or why I don't know at this point. If I were to disbelieve my own eyes and senses, then *I* would be the fool.

I also have experience with a few really extreme people and when I relate the story, people think I'm trolling. They don't think people (that I watched) could actually be that stupid, but neither do they have the experience to support that. Again, "Absence of evidence does not equal evidence of absence." Believe what you want, but I don't troll. But I HAVE met some very very stupid people doing stupid things.

I grew up in a small town. It wasn't real common but there were a few girls who wanted to get pregnant just to get out of their parents' houses and they didn't care whose life they ruined in the process. It does happen.

edit on 26-2-2016 by bulrush because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Negativity is bad and I try at all costs to keep in out of my life in every way. If I see too much negativity in a thread I do not respond...NEXT...

With that said, I am pleased to see some posts deleted for the reasons of negativity, etc.

Negativity, very much linked to close-mindedness, is a black cancer that spreads on many internet message boards and its hard to get rid of, you will never fully get rid of it all. It is usually assoc. with the poster and not a general message board.

If you could ban the poster for reasons of excessive negativity, then please, do it

Get all the BS out of here.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join