It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Short Thoughts On Talking The Talk Versus Walking The Walk

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
i liked the video, btw. the point i'm making is you apparently are relegating your opinion to a minority. i'm glad it was more than the one catholic fellow, since every person is unique. i not only got in front of people and talked about it, i took my guitar and played in parks and sang about it. i write e-books about it. i've been on the radio and talked about it. my sister is a speaker and author. she speaks to hundreds of thousands of women every year about it. here she is

watch it
seriously ....

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
and sang about it. i write e-books about it. i've been on the radio and talked about it. my sister is a speaker and author. she speaks to hundreds of thousands of women every year

It was nice for you to share, but I have no interest in your sisters words, but I do in yours.

If you wish to record a video, please inform me and I will watch.

I am interested in one to one communication, not words of another person used to make a personal point, although I know it was sent from the heart, it does not intrigue me.

As I state in all of my threads, I am interested in interpersonal exchanges. Thank you for the exchange.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

oh you don't know me sister.
she's one of those people you say you want to see more of. i was in a coma, flat on my back, on full life support. i was technically dead, as machines were keeping my body alive. i wasn't breathing on my own, etc. i had tubes coming out of every orifice that took care of my body functions. the insurance company sent out a rep to convince my hubby to have the machines turned off. the doctors said, if i did wake up from the coma, i would be a vegetable, possibly fully paralyzed and at the very least paralyzed on the left side of my body.

hubby went home to pray about it. he got the message that he should call my sister and ask her to come out and talk to my comatose body. at first she was reluctant, thinking that it would not help and that he was grasping for straws. but he insisted that God had told him this would wake me up . so she told her husband and he reinforced what my husband said. : ) thanks guys! so she got on the plane and flew to where we lived. as the plane got closer, she got more and more energy, so by the time she arrived at the hospital, she was feeling great.

the next day she came to my bed in the intensive neural critical care unit. she began to talk to me, and after a while asked me to open my eyes. to her surprise, my eyes popped open. she ran to the nurse, told her what happened and the nurse said:

"As far as I'm concerned that did not happen. I've seen her MRIs and catscans. She's non-responsive and has no brain signals"

(essentialy brain dead)

My sister said, "But i saw her open her eyes on command."

"No, you didn't," said the nurse, "What you saw was spontaneous nerve reactions. Families often think these are signs of awakening."

Well my sis was non-plussed. She went back to my bedside as the nurse came in the room to check the machines, empty the catheter bag and so on. Leaning over me, she said,

"Elizabeth, I need you to come back out of that nice safe place you're in and open your eyes for me again."

The nurse peered over at my bed to see what would happen, and immediately my eyes popped open. Surprised, she went off down the hall to get the doctor.

The doctor said,

"As far as I'm concerned that did not happen. And you know better than to encourage the families of the patients in neuro critical care!"

But the nurse insisted, so the doctor followed her back to my room.

Once again my sister said to me,

"I hate to bother you again, Elizabeth, but can you open your eyes for me one more time?"

And I did.

the doctors told me it was a miracle because i was THAT dead.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by undo]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

the doctors told me it was a miracle because i was THAT dead.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by undo]

Wow, have you shared this in video? What a great story about how perceptions keep people from waking up. What a great story of sisterly love, and the faith of your husband to pray and ask for more.

See me, I think wow, what if people like your sister realized she was God, or a fragment of him at least, can you imagine the power of a spirit such as your sister outside the paradigm.

However in the video when she reached for the bible, it became between me and your sister, I wished I knew more of her, but now I see the bible, and not her, a deferrence. I am going for empowered ascension, I must not vibrate to such things be they lead me to damnation, or salvation, or....... Empowerment and Self Realization, ahhh, here is the crux of the matter.

Basically for me, there is no way to observe something without entraining to it. I am so glad you sister was there for you thought, terrific story.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I appreciate your concern, but I can't reconcile christianity and truth in many things. It's all about the truth, for me, and if there are untruths in christianity, then a true follower of Jesus will persue the truth, no matter where it leads. I have no fear abandoning anything manmade for what i feel in my heart is the truth. If I am wrong, my humility remains, and I'll correct my opinion at sucha time as it is shown to me i am, by I am lol. You see? My faith is unshakable, because i have no preference other than what God prefers of me.

It makes me angry how christianity doesn't teach forgiveness of self, which is the first step....I can't recall one sermon in my limited memory about it. That's just one example. Peace.

: On the identity of the Faith voice..

"How can satan drive out satan? If a kindgom is divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand....And if satan opposes himself, he cannot stand" mark 23-23, 26

I cannot for the life of me imagine a situation in which it would be beneficial for satan to encourage faith. If indeed i had been tricked, in the objective state i was in, then that will be my defense on judgement day. The expression of that experience in my everyday life is that of understanding, forgiveness and humility among others. If it was satan, he made a mistake.
What part of what i've said would lead you to believe i've been tricked?

[edit on 6-5-2009 by heyo]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

oh you're missing out.
she had asked for a verse she could share with her friend who had cancer, that might help lift her up in her time of suffering. she knew her friend would find comfort in the verse, if God gave it. so this is why the video is called LET THERE BE LIGHT.
you should watch it. we ladies are not all bad.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

had cancer, that might help lift her up in her time of suffering. she knew her friend would find comfort in the verse, if God gave it. so this is why the video is called

I am sure, but I am not into the recognition of suffering right now, I will deal with it if an when it touches me, I need to stay focused on the higher vibration ideal, not the experience of others unless I am called in.

That is their experience, there are many experiences here, if I am meant to watch that video it will find me two more times through two other people. My higher self know if it is important for me to watch. Let it decide.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

heyo

when your walk goes a bit further, you'll realize everyone's a hypocrite at various times in their lives. and there's not a belief system on the planet that's immune to it.

Sorry i missed your post.

.......The bride of Christ is worthy of the name, I believe. Hopefully i'll live to see it, as everything touched by man is found wanting.
aka, i agree.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb

Originally posted by pieman
so what is the essential message you're trying to relay?
i don't understand your point, i don't see where you are coming from.

Well, it is possible you never will.

you must be driving the car or something while you were watching it.

this is what i love about you soul orb, your all light and love 'till someone questions you, then the *itchy little comments come out. instead of answering any of my questions directly, you just made more ambiguous noises, it doesn't clarify anything as far as i'm concerned.

you seem to be consistently restating the idea that others have no right to question your experience unless they are willing to conform to a standard you wish to set, is this a fair summary of your beliefs.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

you seem to be consistently restating the idea that others have no right to question your

No one has the *right* to question me period unless it is a person in authority who has been granted that right by me as a member of society, and if I do not comply in answering those questions with the amount of detail that questioner is able to accept, chances are I will face the circumstances of not answering the questions to he satisfaction of that person until an outside authority intervenes.

Now, if I make a post that invites people to comment. If I did not want comments, I would put it on a forum somewhere and lock it, or put it on youtube and lock it up. However if you check the comments on my videos, you will see I even approve the nasty ones and try to use non violent communication to find out what is the real issue.

The comments in this thread are argumentative in that they do not focus on the video. They are asserting things not in the video. Basically it is taking the focus from what I wan to discuss. If I wanted to discuss those other things, I would put up another video. However how can one respond to such deflection from the topics.

It is the same in the other thread on sensitivity. I did not say I currently have a big problem with this, however in the past before I had a better spiritual framework I did, and I found it created a harshness to relationships that was not needed. Yet most of those comments mention this in some way, inferring I was in a current problem looking for a solution, and some did not bother to watch the whole video. It just deflects.

So my not answering the questions is not a grand design. It is simply I am trying to keep the topics on track. That is all. And well, I think honestly I am pretty well one of the most transparent in this forum. My name is all over the place, my home town is there, I use my face, and I reveal personal details about my life. and the name I use here is on many systems linked back to my real name.

Hey, I did not say I was mother Teresa, I am saying exactly what I am saying, and well, there is no sense in watching someones words if you are filtering everything they say. basically this is what we have come to. And no, not everyone has a *right* to poke into other peoples lives, however I will allow people to if it helps energies progress on this planet. I have no idea what else to tell you. Honestly.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

directly, you just made more ambiguous noises, it doesn't clarify anything as far as i'm concerned.

Oh I forgot. See I said this because today people read half of everything. They skim their email, they skim the channels. This person could see where I was coming from if they took the time. And I was saying, look maybe you are driving the car watching the video, as I have seen people do in cars now, and really not trying to. I am giving that person the same about of attention they are giving my video. If you see what I mean.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
i watched the video, i tried to discuss what you were talking about in it.

my personal impression is that you are trying to paint yourself as some sort of enlightened being, some sort of UFO new age guru. the message of that particular video seems to be that less enlightened individuals should accept you are telling the truth and accept the provided guidance because you have received your verification and they are not willing to ask for theirs.

but you see, the thing is, that video is all about how enlightened you are, it's not about you enlightening others. it's all about you.

it's just bull, you're trying to elevate yourself to enlightenment in the eyes of others, but that's the most pointless thing in the world. if you are not enlightened and you try to make others believe you are, what good will it do either them or you.

anyway, good luck with the cult, hope the kool-aid goes down easy. 2012 is it?

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

but you see, the thing is, that video is all about how enlightened you are, it's not about you enlightening others. it's all about you.

Well, again, this is your perception. I suspect in some life I had that status, and well, I do not need followers they often times displace their own troubles onto the other person. However I believe if we do no share our "PERSONAL" experiences humans are lost. And to date I have heard lots about your judgement and thoughts, but little about your personal experience and feelings, except that it is hard for you to share them.

It is like the guy who got all worked up on YouTube and sent me endless amounts of hate mail because he saw Guru on my account. Well first, I am none of the other categories on YouTube, I am not really a Director, or a Reporter, and I decided to use Guru.

And I am a Guru, I am teaching myself stuff every moment, and I switch it up at every moment. And in my life I am the first person asked in times of trouble because insights for them from me are outside the box, and they is why most of my friendships will last many many years, or the ones I let stay, I reject alot of people, we are not right for each other and it would be damaging for us to be in each others lives.

However this other person has a whole different meaning of Guru. He see something else. He might not care if he chooses Director and is not one. He chooses to displace onto me his perceptions of what a Guru is. And he let that get in front of a honest exchange of four little Letters.

You are no different. I share with you a real conversation from my real life, from a friend over over 12 years. However my friends know, that I can take it as well as give it, but they best be prepared to have their position thought out before they go there, and if they make their case, I will divert, I listen and adopt well thought out arguments, and if they get mad at me they know that in the middle of the night, and I have proved this even with ex-gf, that I am capable of putting aside my own needs to assist in that moment.

See, in my opinion, this is where we divert. We are both connected on some level. When you displace onto me an assertion that I am trying to build a cult because I share a video to evoke discussion, you are in effect making a judgement based on very little information. When in fact there was no need for that judgement, it serves neither of us.

What I think you might be reacting to, is that way I bantered my friend, however that is my nature, and I suspect that is why I am his friend. He knows my nature, it is predictable and he knows my nature as in not having any motives, I am just divining, I seldom think as much as I use to, and I am not interested in thinking any more, or planning, I just want to divine, absorb and reflect.

He had a dream one night, he did not knows I was meditating to uncover the knowledge of bi-location, and he must have on some level picked that up and had a dream there was four of me around a coffee table engaging him, and he said, as sorry, I could just not handle four of you. He remarked and laughed to this after this conversation.

So now I wonder. If we are connected on some level. And you cannot sense my intent, and know my lack of malice in producing this video. That inters you are energetically blocked, and do not trust people, and I think it takes a long time in life to see we are just "people among people", as one older man reminded me as he was falling asleep in his Chinese food at the restaurant the other day.

So, well, I know me. If friends bothered to see this video, they would go, whew, yeah, that is a scale of 20 out of 100 in some of the conversations we have. I am not a shallow guy, I enjoy discussing the nuts and bolts when I feel inspired. That is just me. Obviously it is not you. And if that approach leave me alone, well I hope that others find the people they need for them.

So I hope you do as well, because obviously I am not for you, and that is ok, if I had 5% of the people who I meet stick to my life, I would have no time for myself, I just meet too many people. I do not worry about the other 95% who float through.

And so you know, I will float the most out there approach, and often in real life take the most radical position, to learn about my own experience.

Best of luck in your travels, and please jump into any thread of mine any time you want, but please, is there a way to just share your personal experiences instead of forming a judgement, I am just sharing, and invoking discussion, a catalyst if you will, that is what I enjoy. If it stresses you, there is this neat block feature and I just go from your reality.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoulOrb
However I believe if we do no share our "PERSONAL" experiences humans are lost. And to date I have heard lots about your judgement and thoughts, but little about your personal experience and feelings, except that it is hard for you to share them.

the personal experiences you choose to share have very definite messages, and you only comment on other peoples experiences in reference to your own spiritual message. seems duplicitous. (you often seem duplicitous, i enjoy pointing it out where i see it.)

it isn't hard for me to share them, i have no wish to have my experiences be used by you to push a message i don't agree with, so i choose not to give them to you.

[edit on 8/5/09 by pieman]

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

it isn't hard for me to share them, i have no wish to have my experiences be used by you to push a message i don't agree with, so i choose not to give them to you.
[edit on 8/5/09 by pieman]

Well, this is a very good point. And you are under the assumption I do not ask before I include people in my videos.

Now in this case there is nothing that crosses a line in my current parameters of the friendship with the friends mentioned here, we know each other so long we have certain understandings, and I had to sensor what I put in the video since it was a longer conversation.

As for the other convo, my Father who is out there as a Minister very active in community, I am speaking of nothing he has not told others in sermons, and as well, the actual convo was much longer and there are some things I could not put in there of course.

And finally, in the workplace, it is not a current workplace, in a different city, and very few people even know I worked there, only a few friends from my current life anyway, yet even in that case due to the sensitivity of the job, there are certain things I could not say. I would never use a current situation to make a point, just too close for comfort.

So yes, this is a complicated thing to do, and I agree, and I assure you that since I am proper in those things, and friends know this, that if you were in my life, and there was anything that identified you, or had the potential to identify you as an individual, you would be consulted before such including in a story.

Yet, in the past I have made mistakes, and when I do, I try to apologize and get on with it.

And simply, that would have been a really good question to ask me, thinking about it here. To what level did you consult the people in the story and did I feel I broke any confidences in doing so.

Regards.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
right there you used a quote from me out of context to push a personal view.

i feel like the intellectual equivalent to a cheer leader in a bad seventies porno, "when i said i'ld go all the way randy, i meant all the way to the prom."

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

duplicitous. (you often seem duplicitous, i enjoy pointing it out where i see it.)

I had to look this word up, but yeah, what a great word. I am a little bit of that, I need to take on a role sometimes, and pretend to be different, especially in this video, and I thought I did it quite, well, only *seemed* eh? Cool.

Politicians do it alot too. Ah yes, and what even makes it worse, I seem to be walking in two worlds right now with this Ascension process.

Yep, good eye, Guilty as charge. Now "Two Faced", I would not say there, but "duplicitous", hey I might even adopt it.

I was once called a mysonigist, by a girl at a bar, and you know, I liked learning that word. I guess she calls every guy a mysonigist, I heard years later, but at the time, I am like what? But to her I was, because I was having non of the crap she was spewing about men, so in a way I was.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by piemanright there you used a quote from me out of context to push a personal view.

Quote? I did not see a quote, nor any quotation marks?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join