It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Short Thoughts On Talking The Talk Versus Walking The Walk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
A discussion over spiritual faith with a friend over coffee one day, in particular my experience of seeing ET light ships, one of which announced itself as being Angelic, and why that happened leads to a conversation about asking, or not asking, to meet the iconic figures in your faith.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by SoulOrb]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
good points!

although the part about muslims or christians or what have you, not asking to see a particular entity or not behaving up to par with their dogma, is not isolated to muslims and christians. i've been told many times that atheists are good, moral people, but just as many of them have the same human foibles as the rest of the planet. so the idea this particular issue is a religious problem is really not accurate. it's a human condition, and since muslims, christians, atheists and so on, are humans, you can expect they will have issues that you may not agree with or approve of in their everyday lives.

the rest of your idea tho, was bang on. if you say you believe, it's always a good idea to expect results, even if you don't get what you asked. expect it anyway. can be a recipe for disappointment or a realization that it isn't just a passing thought but a real phenomenon

[edit on 5-5-2009 by undo]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
as many of them have the same human foibles as the rest of the planet. so the idea this particular issue is a religious problem is really not accurate. it's a human condition, and since muslims, christians, atheists and so on, are humans, you can expect they will have issues that you may not agree with or approve of in their everyday lives.

Yes, I agree, and I want to foot note that again, I tried very hard to temper that in my video, and of course with a Christian minister as a father, and with a few Muslims as friends, and a few Buddists as friends and a child who sort of follows that belief it to a degree, I do not wish to single out anyone.

In this case, it was in a Christian context, and I sincerely hope that no Christians take it as an attack, I know my friend sill talks with me so he must know my intent is real.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
well it was good advice, so i doubt he took the advice in a bad way. for one, it shows that you don't doubt his faith, you simply want to encourage him to explore it a bit more. that's a cool idea.

by the way, the number one fear is "speaking in front of other people" on any topic. so it's not surprising to find people who are reluctant to go onto a busy sidewalk and preach, especially nowadays where religion is becoming such a sore topic that they nearly beat you to death with the bloody stump of its history. it's in all the public school history books. on the tv. in the movies. in the secular books. in the magazines. on the internet. on the radio. over and over again, religion this and religion that and you should hate those guys cause some dude in 100 BC was bad and said he was from such-and-such religion. or other more recent examples of public figures claiming to be a specific faith and then going out into the world and making a mockery of it. doesn't hurt them at all, cause they have a nice safety net, but it effects the lil folks who didn't go do the thing to begin with.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

preach, especially nowadays where religion is becoming such a sore topic that they nearly beat you to death with the bloody stump of its history. it's in all the public school history books. on the tv. in the movies. in the secular books. in the magazines. on the internet.

Yes, they got lots of ammunition, thanks to Jimmy Swaggert, Peter Popoff, David Karesh, and say a few thousand other people.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
for most of my life, my dad was not a christian. he use to tell me "DON'T DO AS I DO, DO AS I SAY!" which is the basic concept most people find when a leader's actions seem hypocritical. such as jimmy swaggart. many people have solicited prostitutes over the thousands of years since it became a profession, but when a person who tells ya to not do it in the first place, does it himself, it seems especially wrong. problem is, it isn't that he was giving bad advice, just that he wasn't always succesful taking his own advice.

i like to play video games, where we challenge each other in duels that require use of weapons or the use of healing or magic. to some people, this is an example of missing the christian boat. to me, it's just a challenge, no different than a game of chess and certainly not as life threatening as hockey, soccer, baseball or football. but to some folks,the fact the game has violence in it, is proof that i'm not walking the walk.

it's.a.game. jesus healed people. walked on water. turned water into wine. floated up to the sky on a cloud. conjured thousands of fish and loaves of bread... all very "magic" in the sense of phenomena

anyway, it's all about perspective and just how in touch you are with the rest of reality. if you seriously believe the issue is isolated to specific groups and that no one else has a problem with hypocracy, i have some nice mountain property in the florida everglades, to sell you

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Next time you encounter an Angelic being, I would like you to ask them, and I mean this in all sincerity, about Jesus, just to see what kind of response you would get. If you can summon them, and if they will annouce themselves as Angelic entities, then surely they can respond to an inquiry of such importance. You see I have this theory, that the HEBs (highly evolved beings) are all Christians who fully understand precisely the nature of Jesus' sent calling, and the full meaning of his death, as well as the mechanism of his resurrection, if such a thing did in fact occur. If the Christian faith is a valid frame of reference, then they would know all about it in other words. So please, if you could, make the inquiry of them. Thank you.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
Next time you encounter an Angelic being, I would like you to ask them, and I mean this in all sincerity, about Jesus, just to see what kind of response you would get. If you can

Omega, I once heard the words Angelics when the first ship appeared. Since then I have heard nothing, and I do not seem to have telepathic ability, nor would I trust it.

Is knowing more about Jesus important to you? I would ask if I thought I would hear the answer.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

if you seriously believe the issue is isolated to specific groups and that no one else has a problem with hypocracy, i have some nice mountain property in the florida everglades, to

Well, in regards to the Christianity in my video, I was speaking more to the fact of how there are not many requests being made inside faith, because deep down they have given up on receiving an answer, and then jump on others who dare get out of line.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulOrb

Out of curiosity, have you ever had an out-of-body experience, or how did you initiate seeing these "ships"? It seems you must have at least started actively looking or paying attention in some way beforehand.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
soul orb,

this is not true, actually. there are lots of people who ask and/or experience phenomenon related to their beliefs, including christians. where did you get the idea that christians (stereotyping ?) have this problem? by asking one person?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I get powerful feedback as a result of my faith, but it's never taken the form of a physical appearance, but I do experience sensations around my head at certain times, and there's been all kinds of other feeback, along with significant increases in conscious awareness and vitality, and a loss of fear.

Ironically, I too am a rebellious minister's son, and spent most of my life in search of meaning anywhere but the Christian religion, but at the same time, to be intellectually honest, I had to keep an open mind to all possibilities free from contempt prior to investigation.

In my view, it's a valid frame of reference which holds water, which does not mean to say that I am a fundamentalist literalist by any means.

I do know a Christian friend who saw an angel, and have another friend who, as a child, saw Jesus at the foot of his bed..?

I am open to all possibilities, but there is a genious to the Christian story framed relative to the Jewish temple which is just so alien to our human conception of justice, and so unfathonably merciful, loving and above all meaningful, that it is hard for me, having looked deeply into it, to walk away and dismiss is out of hand. No, I've become convinced in SPITE of my bias against it as a result of my family of origin's association, because hey we PK's are not about the toe the line.

I'm with C.S. Lewis on the Christian story, and I think that Jesus rocks!

P.S. Yes, if given the opportunity, ask them. I have this theory regarding what I call the cosmological Christ framed in the context of a hiearchy of Angelic beings and other HEBs (highly evolved beings) such that word should have spread far and wide if the Christian story is true. It is said that all of heaven knew why Jesus went to the cross, and I think that a big part of heaven may be considered as represented by the "heavens" above.

It may not be an either/or proposition, the way you present it, as in - "your Christian belief vs. my Angelics"..

[edit on 6-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
After I decided i was going to quite crystal meth by reading a bible on day 3 or so, I laid awake in my bed, listening to two voices argue with each other. I got the feeling that one was sticking up for me and one was accusing. I could feel their emotions, kinda. The guy sticking up for me won, or got the last word in. It had never happened before, nor since.... Not one craving after a nine month addiction. Like, not even a bit....I can't quit smoking tho. Or rather, quitting smoking makes quitting meth look like a walk in the park, imho.
ANother answer i've recieved was when a few years later i was beginning to notice the hypocrisy in christianity. Islam was quite appealing. So much that it became difficult to decide, with all the facts and my christian upbringing and all that, which was God's true expression. I went outside for a cigarette, and my thoughts were pleading with God for an answer.
"FAITH!"One word, a voice, unlike the above voices which were in my minds eye, followed by clarity of vision and some weird excitement that kinda made me feel dumbfounded. it was weird. I remember shaking.
It was enough.

I've since left christianity for almost he exact title of your thread. I still have faith in Jesus' teachings, it's the pharisees interpretations of them, and everything else in the world that i despize. Kinda seems like christianity has given up.....i'm thinking of jumping on the messianic jew bandwagon tho lol jk.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
heyo

when your walk goes a bit further, you'll realize everyone's a hypocrite at various times in their lives. and there's not a belief system on the planet that's immune to it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
heyo,

Your obviously free to choose freely (God's greatest gift), but I couldn't help be wonder who won your case, and who's voice gave you the word FAITH. After all that, it was dissappointing to read the next paragraph, but either way, it's good to know that you had someone above looking out for you, who loves and cares for you, regardless of your own personal choice or interpretations.

I see people coming so very close, and being steered away by just a hair.. and I find it interesting the lengths to which we, and seemingly, certainly powers and principalities will go, to prevent the grand realization.

I have little doubt that humanity resides at the fulcrum of a cosmic drama, and that indeed we are being argued over.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
seeing these "ships"? It seems you must have at least started actively looking or paying attention in some way beforehand.

Not technically although I suspect I have Astral travelled to the soul plane one, and to a past line grave marker once, and a few times to future times. But it was not Astral Travel as I perceive it. Now, around that time I was doing Robert Monroe's focus 10 exercises, but I think I have done them twice since this started.

When I was in my 20's I experienced things that sound like out of body experiences starting to happen, such as vibration, and tones, yet I became scared, and my wife at the time family said it was the Devil, so it cause quite a stress in my life. That is why I now refute anything negative or fearful, it has not worked well for me.

Good points.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

related to their beliefs, including christians. where did you get the idea that christians (stereotyping ?) have this problem? by asking one person?

Well since I used to be United Church, and then my Family attended the Salvation Army in which eventually my Father quit his job and devoted his life to the Church, and then moved to Church Of Nazarene, and is a current ordained minister, and many friend who Chrisitian whom I speak with, I have a personal lens to form my perceptions.

When it comes to Buddism, or the Muslim faith, etc., I have no personal experience so I cannot comment on this.

Again, I fail to see why you are honing in on the Christian aspect, I can only speak to my faith, and my experience, and I think it is time Christians step up, so in a little while I will do up a video where I will speak to exactly what I think of the Christian faith here in North Amercia.

All we can speak to is our experiences or in my opinion, should be. And if you do not like my experience in my personal life with Christianity, which my family by the way has bore a heavy cross in the promotion of that faith and still does, then too bad honestly. I have the right to speak to it, because I am one, but no a traditional one.

So I will ask you, and you might want to research this if you do not know. Are Christians self identified, or identified by others/ In other words, do I determine as an outsider you are a Christian, or it is something where you start to call yourself a Christian? What does the bible say about that?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
After I decided i was going to quite crystal meth by reading a bible on day 3 or so, I laid awake in my bed, listening to two voices argue with each other. I got the feeling that one was sticking up for me and one was accusing. I could feel their emotions, kinda. The guy

Watch my video Morphogenisis on youtube, and translate the guys to emotional vibrations, and see why it elevated your spiritual level in my opinion. There is no where for your walk to go, you are great just the way you are now, keep up the good work in polarity integration.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
so what is the essential message you're trying to relay?

is it that unless you are willing to stand in front of a coffee shop holding up a sign for your beliefs you are not worthy to question anyone else's claims?
why?

am i not worthy to question your claims because i prefer to have a personal relationship with my god?

is your friend from the coffee shop not worthy to question your claims because he feels he wouldn't know an angel from a demon?

is you other friends instinct less worthy than yours because he sees a helicopter where you see an angel?

is your fathers point less valid because he believes angels are messengers of god and your angels never produced a message?

i don't understand your point, i don't see where you are coming from.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
so what is the essential message you're trying to relay?
i don't understand your point, i don't see where you are coming from.

Well, it is possible you never will. The point simply is that there are many people in the world who say "GOD", but do not ask to meet "GOD". There are people that believe in "JESUS" but do not ask to meet "JESUS". There are people who believe in "Allah" but do not ask to meet "ALLAH".

Yet they will sit here on these boards, and in life from a position of criticism because others do ask to meet "GOD", "JESUS", "ALLAH" etc., yes it is them who has the problem, it is them who is not asking in their life.

And in my case I asked to see "HIGHER VIBRATIONAL ENERGIES", and ended up seeing Light Ships, that once announced themselves as "ANGELIC", yet I have had people give my number to the local mental health clinic, and make assertions that I am crazy to others who believe in a "GOD", OR "JESUS" or "ALLAH", but do not even have the faith in their own life to ask for their own experiences.

And as usual, almost every thread on this board that had the word Christian, in the end the discussion winds down to it all being about "THEIR" Christianity, which is ironically the same as mine, but they are sitting on the bench and hurling insults while I am playing the game.

Again, this thread is not about attacking Christianity, it is about faith, and putting yourself out there, and asking for your own experience instead of sitting on the sidelines insulting others about theirs. That is what the video is about. I seriously am concerned about how deeply entrenched some people are in the DOGMA versus the FAITH, that they cannot interpret this video, you must be driving the car or something while you were watching it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join