It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senior creditors: Chrysler deal violates 5th Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Senior creditors: Chrysler deal violates 5th Amendment

hotair.com

If the Obama administration expected the senior creditors of Chrysler to fold their tents under political pressure, they may have gotten a rude shock today. Thomas Lauria, who accused the White House of threatening the creditors with humiliation at the hands of the White House press corps, has filed a motion to halt the administration’s machinations on behalf of the UAW in the Chrysler bankruptcy.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/5/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thomas Lauria informed Rush Limbaugh yesterday that he was threatened by the white house; that if he didn't go along with the deal, the White House would have his reputation destroyed by the White House Press Corp. Supposedly Thomas Lauria is going to fight this in court.

This could be a false allegation - we don't know - but its interesting to note Thomas Lauria is a Democrat who has donated to the DNC before.

This is all very interesting - and sad if true. This is fascism pure and simple if true.

hotair.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 5/5/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wish he hadn't disclosed this on Rush Limbaugh's show, because it's just going to look like a Republican plot...but if this is true, then Obama has gotten off to a horrible start in regards to the Constitutional upholding.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is just bullying at its best and this is a really bad way to start of an administration.

Yeah I dont think that was the right show to break that story on, but maybe no one else would take it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Good for him! Glad to hear somebody is standing up to them and saying "I will not be intimidated." Hopefully, more will follow suit and we'll see at least a decline in the amount of extortion the White House tries to pull off. This sort of behavior is unacceptable and whoever is behind it should be made an example of.

TA

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yeah, I agree, breaking this story on Rush's show probably wasn't the best idea. I'm sure the 'real' news stations wouldn't touch this story though.

Another interesting aspect to this story is the media and their backing of the Obama administration; it's come to the point where they actually ignore legit news stories if it puts the White House in a bad light. If they can't spin a story for Obama into something positive, it's not reported.

And here we have actual allegations that the White House acknowledges (obviously if they threaten to sick the White House Press Corp on someone) media complicity. The White House KNOWS the media is in the bag for them for chrissakes! It's so far out there, it's rather funny than sad.

new topics

top topics

join