It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIs Told to Bring Afghans to Jesus

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

After reading your posts, I find myself waning on this debate. You aren't correct, and I can't agree with most of what you have said, but to continue now would mean repeating myself.
As do I.

YOU aren't correct, and unwilling to concede the issues where I am correct. But, you can bow out at your earliest convenience.

But only because of the way it evolved. As soon as it became dominant, especially with a doctrine that contradicted all others, it became aggressive.
Circles, circles. This is, a widely known truth. The issue of importance is that it is not the true message and the followers were kept from that message in order to serve the perversion. Circles, with you.

Not true, many Arabic tribes were Jewish converts, as well as the Khazars.
I stand corrected.

Your assessment of my beliefs is entirely correct; there is no higher power, and if there was, he is an asshole and I would want nothing to do with him.
Sounds like your Atheism is truly rooted in daddy/abandonment issues.........

[edit on 18-5-2009 by lazy1981]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
"It is time to end your dependence on a capricious, fickle deity who may or may not answer prayer! Come join Christianity- where you serve a completely DIFFERENT capricious, fickle deity who may or may not answer prayer!"

Oh, PLEASE.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'd like to highlight a few points here
mostly to the guy with the snake of bill or rights on his av

me myself, I am a hindu
I do sometimes practise hinduim, but only because i am a traditionalist
I do not in fact believe in any organized religion
but I am also not anti-certain religions like hinduism, jainism, sikhism or buddhism(or if u want to call that a way of life)

but I can say that I am against abrahamic religions
all abrahamic religions are about conquest
this was always the case historically
and you can also find excerpts of such conquest/imperial-like quotes in the holy books belonging to these abrahamic religions.

with that said, ok do I don't believe in any organized religion but I do believe in god?
I choose neutrality, I am happy in being honest with myself in saying I don't know if there is a god or not.

None of us know, so what are we arguing about or trying to force down the throats of other people?

Instead of trying to bring a fictional character to Afghans, why not just let them be?
Or if you have to preach, how about preaching equality and mutual respect? Things that no holy book offers.

With that said i will say one last thing about Hinduism to serve as a contrast to abrahamic religions.
Hindusim allows you to go to christian churches, muslim mosques, or jewish synagogues. It preaches an open mind and learning of other cultures.

No abrahamic religion will ever hold that position.
All abrahamic religions are all the same.
Their books are all full of distractions and bedtime stories with a military-like agenda that lies behind them hidden in quotes.

<< 7  8  9   >>

join