It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GIs Told to Bring Afghans to Jesus

page: 1/
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

GIs Told to Bring Afghans to Jesus

www.military.com

DOHA, Qatar -- U.S. Soldiers have been encouraged to spread the message of their Christian faith among Afghanistan's predominantly Muslim population, video footage obtained by Al Jazeera appears to show.

Military chaplains stationed in the U.S. air base at Bagram were also filmed with Bibles printed in the country's main Pashto and Dari languages.

In one recorded sermon, Lt. Col. Gary Hensley, the chief of the U.S. military chaplains in Afghanistan, is seen telling Soldiers that as followers of Jesus Christ, they all have a responsibility "to be witnesses for him".

(visit the link for the full news article)

+8 more 
posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I find this story to be uniquely disturbing. In no small part because it is just one more example of how far from the constitutional principals of separation of church and state that our government has gotten too. In larger part though it is because even after all these past centuries, warfare against Christian leaning nations still is about spreading Christianity it seems.

That same old violent assault against the indigenous people, wean down their numbers in the process, shatter their infrastructure and economic way of life in the process, seize, usurp and then profit off of that people’s and nation’s national resources, impose our system of government based upon contractual law and commerce, and force indoctrinate those surviving indigenous people into the ‘shared’ belief system of the western world of commerce.

Meanwhile a very unchristian like load of bombs drops daily on the heathen nonbeliever’s women and children.

Am I the only person who finds this uniquely disturbing, totally embarrassing, and a deliberate attempt not just to stamp out all other cultures but to ‘absolve’ our own armed forces for feeling any guilt in those acts that they are caused to commit by an increasingly corrupt and unconstitutional government who puts them into harms and dangers way to force our presence, control, philosophies and ideologies on people, while our big businesses profit in every way off these heinous acts of murder and robbery?

Audie Murphy sure would have to be impressed that Christ is still racking up his body count.

www.military.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Jebus says repost

Save us Jebus!

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT

This is on military.com????????????????????????

military.com is a govt. owned site no?

I believe that in dimensional detective's thread on this there was a video too showing the troops doing this.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I for one don't have a problem with a military chaplain doing this. The chaplain is not their commanding officer. You are acting as if the battallion commander or two star general issued the orders and special missions or something.

You don't think Muslim in Afghan are trying to convert our soldiers to Islam?

+3 more 
posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Religion and war seem to go hand in hand eh?

Sad. Especially considering the true followers of Christ and the true followers of Islam would NOT be fighting.

The US soldiers who claim to be Christians are nothing more than hypocrites, at least the Afghani's are defending their own soil.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Ummmm.... ... No I don't think so
I think they are too busy worrying that their country has been invaded

you think maybe???????

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil

In other words, a little less Allah and the promise of virgins, among other perversions, and you can be delivered from evil.

Every Afghan should exchange the teachings of Islam and the perversions therein for the one and only true God and words from his one and only son.

The greatest insult of all is an attack on ones faith.

Be careful, very!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Jebus says repost

Save us Jebus!

EDIT: WAIT WAIT WAIT

This is on military.com????????????????????????

military.com is a govt. owned site no?

I believe that in dimensional detective's thread on this there was a video too showing the troops doing this.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by ModernAcademia]

I am not sure who owns military.com but I find it has a lot of stories with a military bent and often will break stories that are two or three days away from hitting the mainstream media.

I picked up and posted the first story on the growing troubles in Mexico on ATS days before anything appeared in the mainstream media and months before the narco-trafficker violence started grabbing headlines.

It's not a bad place to look for developments to be slightly ahead of the curb.

I appologize if this story is a repost I did a search on the headline through ATS's search box and it came back with nothing.

Military.com's article does have a video on it.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Disturbing thing that last night I was in my kitchen but was listening to a comedian on Jay Leno from the tv in the livingroom..

she joked about so many new schools are being built in Iraq by our troops and how they should start a war in Detroit then (meaning: is that the only way to get new schools etc?)

Is it possible they have cleared out the population and rebuilding on your taxpayer money so that they can hide-out what American population they need to keep in Iraq area when they come destroy this/these areas?

If so, they do need some bible thumpers to at least get people used to the idea that Christians will be moving in and making themselves at home in their country (someday).

Just a thought from a paranoid woman who needs hobbies LOL.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Oh yeah, go Jesus, go, go where no man has gone before lol.

There are two simple reasons I can think of why we are on middle east...

To get their oil.

To spread Christianity as the only religion of peace in this world and permanently get rid of Bible 2.0 (Koran) and make them all forget Mohammad (peace be upon him, lol).

All under the veil of the well known, rigorously tested and highly recommended product we call One-Fits-All Capitalistic Dictatorial Democracy

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm not a religious person but i still find this quite disgusting really.
I'm not going to try to take a stab at religion (even though i would really love to but im not that sort of person to stamp out someones beliefs)
but all i can say is quite often in religious debates with atheists "vs" Christians you usually will see somewhere along the line something resembling " why are you trying to convert christians to atheists, you dont see christians invading peoples space trying to convert them" well i think most of you can see where im getting at with these soldiers trying to force feed their crap to the non-believers

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
you know this thread should be sticked for a few months

there are still to many people here who don't get it

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is Al Jazeera agitprop veiling a larger dialectical movement 100s of years old.

I understand Muslims see it as a death sentence for a non believer to try and convert a Muslim? So I am thinking that this news here about Christian soldiers makes it look more "Crusadish" to the Arabs. They seem to lump British Zionism in with Christ worship --wonder if there's anything to that?

As a person who has had a lot of religious discussions, I can say with confidence that such discussions are not improved with rifles or spattered blood on the walls. Just ask the Irish how long they been discussing Luther's original trick and killing their brethren because of their own foolishnes. People's minds can be divided endlessly and if someone is expecting the soldiers to preach a better world into existence, I don't think the results will be anything except more blood spatters.

Oh, and isn't it a movie based on truth that says the US printed Korans and helped to militarize the enemy by using their own religion? Wow, that was stupid.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
I for one don't have a problem with a military chaplain doing this. The chaplain is not their commanding officer. You are acting as if the battallion commander or two star general issued the orders and special missions or something.

Last I checked Afghanistan was named Afghanistan not the United States of America to deal with last things first.

Frankly my mother taught me at an early age "That when in Rome do as the Romans do" and it's served me very well. Our soldiers whether uninvited guests or not in Afghanistan would be better served taking my mother's advise than their chaplain's advice.

Further my understanding is that military chaplains are supposed to tend to all denominations of faith for the sake of our troops. In other words a Mormon, Jewish or Muslim American Soldier is technically supposed to be able to commune to their G-d through a Catholic Military Chaplian if the Chaplain assigned to those troops is Chatholic. His job is to attend to our soldiers spiritual needs and to respect our soldiers spiritual needs, and military Chaplains if I understand their binding code of service are not supposed to attempt to 'convert' our troops of a differing religion to their own denomination...

So why is this Chaplain...who just happens to be the Senior Chaplain of all military Chaplains in the U.S. Armed Forces theatre of operations in Afghanistan/Pakistan who holds a military rank as all chaplains do in the military extolling the U.S. Soldiers presumed to be of many different denominations including ones that do not include Christ in their scriptures telling all U.S. Troops that they have a responsibility to bear witness to Christ to the Afghans? Why with such words as "Special Forces hunt humans, we hunt converts and souls, thats what we do, thats what we do, we hunt converts and souls".

Clearly it is a gross derilliction of military protocol that indoctrinates U.S. Soldiers into the dual concept if not a primary concept that this is a "Religious War"

I think the Chaplain should be court martialed stripped of rank and thrown in the stockcade for as long as our troops are in Afghanistan and let him bear witness to Christ all day long in a similiar prison he is trying to create in the minds of our troops and the oppressed Afghan citizens.

But hey, I am just one of those silly people who think our Constitutional Principals should be the guiding force in our foreign policy.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Christianity and swords...Christ and guns...
The Pope Vs Heroin...
and the Sister of Guadalupe will cure the flu....

No wonder the dolphins laugh at us and the birds sing at night!!

So..this is what the Human Race has come to??

Peace...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
If that is true it is disgusting. How ironic to spread the word of Jesus with a weapon, although I suppose it wouldn't be the first time
. You would think that people would eventually realize that history is meant to be lesson, religious wars don't have the best track record. Don't get me wrong, I'm a God loving person, but honestly once two opposing groups bring God into a conflict nothing ever gets solved. I wish that they would realize that by both religions murder is a great crime against God and then perhaps we could reach a common understanding and move foward.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I'll post now for a third time on this story the other two threads with this story got wacked.

US troops told 'to be witnesses' for Christ in Afghanistan

Caught on Tape: Military Officials at Bagram Urge U.S. Soldiers to Evangelize in Afghanistan

So what else is new.

Throughout Afghanistan history the invaders have always brought their own version of god. First the Hindus then the Buddhist then Islam and now bible thumpers

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Every Afghan should exchange the teachings of Islam and the perversions therein for the one and only true God and words from his one and only son.

The greatest insult of all is an attack on ones faith.

Be careful, very!

Fish don't walk my friend and that dog doesn't hunt well anymore either.

Turn about is fair play, if the U.S. Military fires the first salvo in what is in essence a very deliberate attack on the main faith of a country we are supposedly trying to impress with our shining Constitutional Ideals as being better than their system, and our Constitutional Government is supposed to be based on seperation of church and state per the consitution and the Supreme Court...where no religious test shall be given to hold office...and our Armed Service personnel that surprise, surprise many of have the title of Officer are being so tested and extolled, not only is this an attack on another person's religion but an attack on the Constitution.

I would advise you get your priorites straight, your an American who believes in Constitutional Government or you are a pagan fanatic bent on exporting your religious doctrine to validate your own way of life...that's not the American way of life though...and it was never meant to be or should be.

You should use more caution friend. The broader war such foolish self serving arrogant suppostions are fermenting and formenting will have far greater repercussions than the pagans imagine they will.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join