It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KBR Connected to Alleged Fraud, Pentagon Auditor Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

KBR Connected to Alleged Fraud, Pentagon Auditor Says

www.washingtonpost.com

KBR, the Army's largest contractor in Iraq and Afghanistan, is linked to "the vast majority" of suspected combat-zone fraud cases that have been referred to investigators, as well as a majority of the $13 billion in "questioned" or "unsupported" costs, the Pentagon's top auditor said yesterday.

In testimony before the bipartisan Commission on Wartime Contracting in Iraq and Afghanistan, April G. Stephenson, director of the Defense Contract Audit Agency, said investigators have sent to the inspector general a total of 32 cases of suspected overbilling, bribery and other violations si
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It's about time our government started looking for the hole in the wallet. Eight years of no accountability, you switch presidents and people start getting investigated. It's not long before the birds start singing I suspect.

I'm not sure what to make of this though. Either a very poorly ran company, or a example of no bid contracts and the military-industrial complex at work.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

I'm not sure what to make of this though. Either a very poorly ran company, or a example of no bid contracts and the military-industrial complex at work.

The latter half of that statement is true. These contractors push the so-called "Waste %" that departments have to the limit. The Pentagon is able to get away with wasting Trillions of dollars and not having to account for it. I forget the book title, however, it was about how the real black budget is in the trillions. Every department in the Federal government has built in waste % of 3-5%. Some are even higher. This money all gets filtered through the Intelligence community and then is handed back out to the DOD to the black projects. If you add up all government waste it's in the trillions. They say Canada's waste % could be 15-20%. We the people were stupid enough to vote the Conservatives back into power.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
You vote neocons into office and this is what you get - Billions vanished into a "black budget" hole and no-bid contracts rewarded to friends of Dick.

I don't mean to pick on conservatives, but why complain about Obama's budget then turn a blind eye to the previous, supposedly "conservative" administration when it made billions disappear into thin air?

No wonder America went broke - it was robbed blind by shady neocons. Emphasis on cons.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You know, they are both working for the same group. Two sides of the same coin. They are representing someone, but it is not the American people. Incidentally, Baraq has already spent four times what Bush did, and it is only May! Now, I can see any president going into hock from a war, and we now have two going on. But doesn't anyone else see that? Or do they also see that we had 14 trillion vanish, and they have pledged about that, and spent only 2.5 trillion thus far. There is no WAY we are going to see any inflation for a long, long time. So, why don't they just print the money to pay the national debt? The whole world holds US dollars, and that would tax them as well. I think this might give me a headache...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I going to have to agree they are both working for the same agenda...the approach differs depending on party. As someone who voted for Ron Paul though I do find it refreshing that finally people are being investigated. At the very least, the truth can be told rather than concealed. I would much rather have a government that isn't above the law, so that social pressure can dictate changes that are needed.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ron Paul is now and has been a victim of the faux "conservative" movement, for all intents and purposes he is being "swift-boated" by Fox news and Rupert Murdoch's media empire. They will just keep labeling him a kook and extremist like they did with John McCain back in 2000 when he ran against Bush in the primaries. Until the Republicans can reclaim their conservative movement from the likes of Karl Rove and recognize that Paul is probably one of the few politicians with a real concern for the fiscal policies of the American government we'll just have to contend with politically-connected shysters taking our billions in no-bid contracts and screwing the taxpayer.

top topics

join