It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Democrats seek $94.2 billion in emergency funds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives will seek passage in coming weeks of $94.2 billion in emergency money for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and other programs, including $2 billion more to prepare for an influenza pandemic.

source

So, they're seeking billions more money to fund the wars and two billion to prepare for a pandemic.

According to the article:

He (Obama) is hoping to use the money to begin phasing out combat operations in Iraq while building up U.S. forces in Afghanistan where al Qaeda and Taliban fighters are gaining strength.

He's going to use the money to try and stop one war while furthering another. Great. couldn't it have just been "he's going to use the money to phane out both wars?" Doesn't look like we're going to get our troops home any time soon.

TA

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I wonder what exactly they mean by "prepare for an influenza pandemic" and why 2 billion dollars is necessary to do so. Does this simply mean making sure there is enough vaccines to go around or is it something more sinister? Setting aside money to beef up the security that will be needed when martial law is implemented? Maybe i'm just being paranoid but 2 billion is a lot of money to spend with no real explanation offered.

TA

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
I wonder what exactly they mean by "prepare for an influenza pandemic" and why 2 billion dollars is necessary to do so. Does this simply mean making sure there is enough vaccines to go around or is it something more sinister? Setting aside money to beef up the security that will be needed when martial law is implemented? Maybe i'm just being paranoid but 2 billion is a lot of money to spend with no real explanation offered.

TA

Transparency? This is the exact # JFK gave his secrecy speech on. Anyone remember when we had a real President trying to end the Fed, stand up to CIA, stand up to crime? JFK. Others wayyyy before him (founding fathers, some of them, as leaders in general). This is getting old, the U.S. is a tool, we are rats in a cage, being poisoned slowly, CHEATED, lied to, and others have it worse. If we won't stand up for ourselves and say, "You do what WE say, NOT what corporations say, they are not even paying taxes, what if we said our address is in Cuba or something? We'd be laughed at and go to prison." This has to end, the world needs a Joker to toss chaos at their plans.

join