It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Sars? 43,200 years? No problem. (Sumerian Kings and their reigns)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
(this isnt some crazy well thought out theory, so go easy, lol)

Here is a simple theory of how a king of Sumeria could reign for 12 Sars.

When objects travel at the speed of light, it has been measured that it causes time for them objects to go slower. So. Its assumed that the ancient Sumerians had contact with extra terrestrial beings, their Annunaki. If these kings were to return to a ship or near planet orbiting earth or the sun at relativistic speeds, then time would actually run slower for all of those on board relative to Earth. This would give the illusion of someone who returns to the planet as King every so often reigning for 43,200 years. It might have only been 120 years for the Annunaki, yet due to time dilation that could actually seem to be much, much more.

Possible? Hmm.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

That's a good possibility, but they would have to be a great distance away.

I mean that they would have to be on the ship, traveling almost the entire time they were gone. Spending only a short period of time at there destinations, both here and there

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I hear this ridiculous idea more and more often these days. On a ship traveling the speed of light? It doesn't work that way. The human body could not take the stress of even a fraction of light speed travel. And light speed travel for ships as far as I know is impossible unless, the entire ship was converted into some kind of energy ship. And if you're going to tell me that UFOs go faster the speed of light, they are not actually physically moving that much. They travel through space by expanding and contracting space around them.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AngelHeart

I think it would be awesome to hear how you know the way the ships work. I can only speculate. I can't say that I know for sure how they travel. No one can, since no one has ever had the ability to go anywhere close to the speed of light and no one has ever been able to bend space and time, in reality. At least not that we, the public, know of.

Many, many people thought that the sound barrier was unbreakable and if it was ever broken all types of bad things would happen. It didn't work the way the scientists speculated.

I am not saying that we could survive going faster than the speed of light, I am also not saying we couldn't.

What the op is asking is what if they were going at, or close to, the speed of light. They didn't ask if it were possible.

Really though, all either one of these ideas are is a theory. I agree with you that, if we were to travel incredible distances it wouldn't be through the conventional thinking of speed and distance traveled. It would have to be something different. Bend the space to where you want to go and then jump there or stop time all together and travel where you wanted to go. Either one would be instantaneous to the outside observer.

top topics

join