It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many Animal Sightings in 1 Week- Puzzled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I have been having crazy animal sightings for the past week. As an animal lover it has been wonderful, but after todays sighting, I get that they are trying to tell me something or show me something, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. That is why I am posting it on here- incase anyone else has ever experienced this and what it meant for them.

To begin, my animal totem's my entire life (so far) have primarily been the Raven and Tiger. I have read however, that animal totem's can change throughout ones life, so I am not certain if this pertains to what Ive experienced. But I get the feeling that their appearances to me have been significant- but I cant figure out why.

My first sighting, happened last week. At 2 am- a Great Horned Owl was outside of our house. Weve lived here 2 years and Ive never seen or even heard an Great Horned Owl- and I am up all night long. He was a majestic 3 feet tall and I was shocked. He waited until I went outside to look at him before he flew right past me and I knew I was meant to see him. My husband said, that he felt it was for me to see too.

The second sighting, was the following night, again at 2am- and I saw 2 white rabbits hopping along outside outside in the yard. Now- I know its spring-- but still I took it as a lovely coincidence and went back inside.

The third sighting, a few days later was a deer and a fox in the same day running across my lawn.

And now todays sighting- the strangest of them all- I was walking down my sidewalk towards my car- when all of assudden I almost ran into a Duck. Yes- a random beautiful brown duck with blue feathers- just standing there- quacking at me. No other ducks around. Infact we are no where close to a stream or pond- about a 2miles from us are a few ponds- but no where close by. And normally ducks fly in flocks or atleast pairs but this guy was just by himself.

Now what makes all of this unusual, is I live in a fairly suburban area- woodland creatures dont normally come around here very often. I know that its spring- but ive lived here for 3 springs now- and I have never seen this much animal activity before. It is all, beyond coincidence.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions of what it might mean?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Yeah man that is something called spring time lots of animals come out and enjoy the weather without the snow, But they great horned owl is a bad sign in my culture. It means something not good will happen unless you make sure the owl does not come back and sit around your house.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by okimas]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Ok I'll contribute to your thread. I live in Texas in San Antonio, which is about 165 miles from Corpus Christie. Now I have never in my 41 years witnessed what I did last Thursday.

I was talking with my neighbor, and we saw a whole lot of larger birds swarming and flying in a circular motion. At first I thought they were a flock of hawks, as I have seen that behavior with hawks before, but as they got closer we heard their cry, and they were seagulls.

Yes, that's right seagulls, and flying in a frenzied tornado like formation around, and around. I was shocked, as we have never seen seagulls this far away from the coast.

What is even stranger, is that as they were approaching, several that were flying in this frenzied circular formation, suddenly broke loose, and started flying straight away from the formation.

I have never seen a single seagull in my life in San Antonio, much less several hundred. What do you think this could mean?

I told my next door neighbor, who goes to the coast a lot, and the first thing he said was maybe the world is coming to an end!

Then, of course, joker that he is, he said they might have the swine flu.

Anyway, very, very strange to say the least, and I ran inside to get my camera, but by the time I got back out, and turned it on, I only managed to capture a brief few frames where they are flying out of sight line.

Maybe someone has some insight on this strange behavior by the seagulls.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Okay here is a really weird one.
I live in northern california (wine country) We have NO bears here yet last week we had a black bear show up in the suburban neighborhood 's on the east side. The police thought it was some kind of a joke for sure we have NO bears here. Then a cop almost ran it over when it bolted out in front of him.....so they got the sheriff up in a chopper and started looking for it. They finally found it 10 miles away. Guess where?
On the other side of my fence by the river trying to hide! They started laying down lines of pepper spray and scent's to try and get it to head back towards the mountains. It sat there till I yelled at it to go home like a dog and off it went high speed. They are still trying to find out where it came from and if anyone in the areas around us has a missing bear loose.
Aside from that we have had so many "noramlly" wild animals coming into town and setting up residence it isn't even funny any more! We have a lot of open land and farms here they have no reason to be doing this that we can think of.

But in the last week my house has been surrounded by robins blue birds quails owls and several falcons. I spotted a few others that at first looked like dogs but turned out to be a fox and two coyotes.(hub identified them for me) I won't even go into mr stinky he is just pissin me off smellin up the place!
I have been putting cayane pepper along the retaining wall to try and ward him off, he just jumps over it and goes on his way after an hour or two of stinking up my house.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by xynephadyn

It is mating season and animals are starting to find lairs and nests to bare their young. Seagulls are usually coastal, but they are scavengers and will fly around looking for where the garbage is.

Sprawl is also forcing more and more contact with animals as we encroach on their habitats. When we build our townhomes, where do we expect the animals to go?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I wonder if this ties in with the birds singing all night that's been going on all this year and last year. As for my part, I live in the woods, so seeing a wild animal or ten is not that unusual.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Locally there was a bear sighting in a town
Bear Sighting in Monroe, NY

We also went to the Bergen Zoo last week and ALL the animals where acting weird! Even the Zoo keepers could not explain it!

top topics

join