It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What scares you?

page: 1/
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't believe half the stuff posted here on ATP, but every now and then I'll come across something that would chill me to the bone. By this I mean the occassional UFO story, government conspiracy etc.

So this got me to wondering, what are some of the things you guys have heard that really scare you? What stories or images have you found in life or here on the internet that chill you, give you that knot of dread in your stomach, or make you fearful of being alone.

I'm not sure if this is the right section, but it was the best fit as far as I could tell. Looking forward to hearing your replies!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theSleepingMan

this pretty much sums it up for me

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c23982709b901dc1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
An 8 ft. tall "Grey" standing over my bed at 3:30 in the morning with a rubber glove on.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
What scares me is the amount of people that fall for the digital effects and the conventional camera tricks. It's scary to me they will question a pane of glass reflection as an UFO, or digital manipulation into thinking Nibiru is near...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I fear rats and bats. I also fear people who think the world is against them. I also fear Nancy Pelosi because she is the Angel of Death.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
not knowing if my kids will have a safe place to grow up/call home scares me. people walking up to my fence thinking my "cute" dog will not bite also scares me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Not much in the outside world really scares me but when my girlfriend gets drunk on Tequila and starts playing with her pistol and has "that look" on her face; any man in his right mind would be terrified and justifiably so.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by whaaa]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
People in general. Every one wears a mask. What they say and what they believe could be false.What most do will have something in it for them even if you dont see it. So what scarce me the most? PEOPLE!!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

Come on you are the AntiChrist and you have a cute little dog. That is like the South Park Devil. Maybe they were on to something.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
reply to post by anonamousantichrist

Come on you are the AntiChrist and you have a cute little dog. That is like the South Park Devil. Maybe they were on to something.

hahaha

man, i gotta keep some sort of "front" so people do not see me for what i really am.

i love south park.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
What scares me the most? The seemingly exponential growth of the government and the control it has over more and more of our lives.

If you think about it, what will our lives be like in 15 years if things keep up the way they are? That scares me a little bit.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I also fear Nancy Pelosi because she is the Angel of Death.

She does have a certain look to her; it must be the bulging, maniacal eyes and jittery nature. She's slightly less than human, I suspect--"a breed apart"

As far as a childish, Halloween fright goes, try to restrain your mockery for the cause of mine: the stories about children with fully black eyes (sclera and all) that have been fairly prevalent on ATS. Yes, I'm aware that it's absurd, but something about the entire thing gives me the creeps and causes me to repeatedy peer over my shoulder. I think it would be the perfect premise to a horror film. *shudders*

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Really smelly farts!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I haven't seen anything that scares me.

What concerns me is people who preach tolerance and then show intolerance for those who don't think or believe the way they do.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FX44rice
An 8 ft. tall "Grey" standing over my bed at 3:30 in the morning with a rubber glove on.

If it waved at you would you wave back?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
what scares me?

frat-boy mentality. severe left brainers, politicians that feel they need to inject their personal agenda on the public, people that are high on power trips because they are filling a need in their pathetic lives, me being 42 and still worried about my and my wife's future,
people's yearn for material greed, my health breaking down as i get older (and you will too), all the hate in the world and society, how people always compete with others whether it's about status, social ranking, etc...

i could go on for hours, but you get the jist. human behavior can scare me.

what also scares me is losing the love of my life to a car accident, disease, or random fatal events. she's the single biggest joy of my life.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow

Originally posted by FX44rice

If it waved at you would you wave back?

I wouldn't, it might take it as flirting and want to put that rubber glove on its hand to use.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I know I've already said the growth of gov't scares me, but basically what you said is what I should have said had I given it more thought. Human behavior in general....

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
The thing that scares me the most by far, is the thought of one day watching other humans or my loved ones being hurt and tortured while I stand by helpless to save them.

Nothing scares me more than this.

Apart from this nothing else really scares me much.

The other thing that scares me is that this would happen every day to other people, hurts bad when I think of it that way.

Ugly world sometimes.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Techsnow

LOL ..... I would extend my hand and Bump Fists with it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join