It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Creature Caught in Mexico

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by paperplanes

This is not a discussion about steel traps. This is about the hoax only. You want to debate the trap issues open a new thread.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by acewilliams

The monkey in the pictures posted looks a LOT like the 'creature'. If this 'creature' is real, what are the chances that it could just be a horribly mutilated monkey, like the one pictured? As one poster already pointed out, it seems suitable for walking on the back legs...
....and it's not a dog or cat.

I think it more likely to be a messed up monkey, than anything other-worldly.

EDIT: Also the tail proportions.... The monkey in those pictures seems to have a VERY long tail. Sorry, the questions are not aimed at Acewilliams, but regarding his posted theory with images.

[edit on 5-5-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SnazzMeister supposing this is real, this creature would've had to have chewed off it's hand, since there is no blood or hand, to get away. also if it had a sophisticated brain it would have known which part of the hand to chew off, instead it is still attached with "nubs" sticking out. then again there is no sign of blood on it's mouth.
most trappers cover their traps with brush to keep them from being seen. this picture is too clean, the rocks even look as if they have been swept. you just happened to stumble on this pic but the person who did set this up is obviously sick, then to say he tried to drown this thing.
to me this is just proof of the sicko's out there. this is nauseating

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
not claiming that this thing is real, but you couldnt get people to open there mind on anything in this forum, unless this thing jumped into bed with them and they screamed for mommy
what a bunch of closed minded people

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tatersalad

Everyone (well, most) stated why they believe the creature NOT to be real. Perhaps you could suggest reasons as to why you believe it is real?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
It just isn't any fun if everyone says there's no doubt.

One could argue that the arm caught in the trap is consistent with the creature reaching for something on the trap and then recoiling when it sprung.

The missing hand could also be consistent with the limb losing circulation of whatever type fluid the creature ciruculates and either falling off and being eaten, or just lost.

I would think that an E.T. would have the decency to wear some clothes, but what do I know?

The radius and ulna are very interesting...common in primates...not sure about in E.T. or chupacabras.

The following skeleton looks very similar to what we are seeing, IMO...

Goeldi's Monkey

It might be interesting to note that The Goeldi's Monkeys are endangered, so it might make a person feel better to skin one that got caught in a trap and feign ignorance rather than admit to one dying a painfully horrible death at their hands.

The writeup on the OPs external link refers to an abnormal number of teeth...the Goeldi's has quite a few more than a standard monkey.

The lack of toes is very suspect as is the apparently broken tail...if you look at the left foot, there is obviously a very straight edge where toes SHOULD be....

Ok....I guess I can stop there...looks like a poor skinned monkey.

The bastards.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
this 'creature' has no blood to drip from where the trap caught 'it' , nor any food or water near the trap to catch it? not a crumb? or a splash of water in sight?

fake.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

It is a spring trap. You have to step on the plate to set it off. Just touching it won't do it.

It could not set the trap off in the posistion that it is in.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The skull looks red raw,or sunburnt,
in contrast to the rest of the body, though the ears are not visible.
There seems to be digits missing on the left foot,
and something like a blood trail to the right of that foot,
perhaps the foot was also caught in the trap at some stage.
The trap and the creature are sitting on
what looks like a hole in the ground,
maybe a water-hole?
BTW,and I make no apology for being"off topic"that kind of trap
is disgusting and inhumane...look again at the picture,
and ask yourself,why are we so advanced?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This DOES look like an older trap, so you are probably right about this instance, but there are traps available with the amount of force needed to spring being highly adjustable based on the intended 'game.'

Patent for adjustable spring trap mechanism

Trap at the hardware store for 11 bucks...

For the record, I don't believe this to be anything other than an unfortunate monkey, but am not going to say I know 'matter-of-factly' about it.

It would be awful nice to see the rest of the pictures the goons supposedly took of this poor thing.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So somebody skinned a Lemur or a small Primate and posed it in a trap. Whats the point and who would fall for that? Sad really if they skinned it just to pull a hoax. I hope they at least ate it afterward or found it already dead.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f7f4625cb2ab.jpg[/atsimg]

This fellow seems quite upset about what they did to one of his family.

I hear they are forming an Army to get even.

Sorry, I could not control myself.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I honestly don't know what to think at all. This story will never see the light of day if there really is a body, DNA, and it's origins are unknown to Earth.

Besides, they can say all they want how much evidence they have but the fact is that no one will be satisfied if it is proven to be "alien" since they will not have seen the evidence first hand.

I can't stop thinking about what this poor creature went through (if it is real). How horrible. Screaming in pain and drowned for no reason? What a great way to show the nature of how humans treat things unknown to them.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I completely agree. It goes to show how sick some people are, and if there are extraterrestrials out there judging us, there is no reason for them not to think of us as brutal, savage beasts. Maybe we are just too savage for them to even bother attempting contact.

However, I'm starting to lean more towards the skinned monkey story. Either way, whatever animal this is, I'm saddened by the amount of pain it must have suffered in its last moments. If it was an undiscovered creature, why drown it? That's just horrible.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I would have to say...it's a dog with mange...seems to be the final decision on EVERY thing crypto around these here parts.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
why are we still discussing this. THis is from a hoaxer. Joshua P. Warren has been stated many many times as a hoaxer. and on top of that this is not a thread of poor use of steel traps. stay on topic.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As a taxidermist who has been practicing taxidermy for over 20 years I can clearly state that it is simply a skinned monkey of some sort. Basically it looks like it was skinned for a taxidermy mount and someone looking at the carcass came up with an idea...

I've seen tons of animals with and without skin, with and without trap injuries, in all sorts conditions from fresh to fully rotted. The missing/abbreviated fingers/toes would result from the skinning process - often the last joints must be removed from the rest of the carcass and then carefully separated from the hide to avoid damaging the hide. This is especially true of small animals.

Based on the out-sized cranium, it is likely a juvenile animal. In animals that are not fully grown, especially mammals, the cranium is always proportionately much larger than in an adult. Large head, small facial features, small mouths and teeth and large eyes - you see this in puppies, kittens and pretty much any young of any animal.

Speaking of teeth - the idea that this is a juvenile specimen is reinforced by what they said about the rootless reptile-like teeth. In juvenile mammals, even those with all their adult teeth already come in, it will be a while until the roots become solid. Until then, they are hollow and open-rooted - just like an alligator's! Also, during the process of the permanent teeth coming in, some of the deciduous teeth take longer than others to be pushed up and fall out. I have a bobcat skull with 4 upper canines - when it died the milk teeth had not yet been pushed out completely by the permanent teeth. It is indeed bizarre looking, and it does have more teeth than an adult bobcat would, naturally.

As a long-time taxidermist, that's my opinion on this one.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Um....anyone got a link to the picture??

I followed the link and the only pic I saw was a scary guy.....

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOmen
Um....anyone got a link to the picture??

I followed the link and the only pic I saw was a scary guy.....

Yip the scary guy in the underwear. LOL

I managed to find a pic of it, but who knows how long it will stay there for... www.ireport.com...

[edit on 2009.5/7 by the siren]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
No picture materialized. Link may be bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join