It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Defamation League edited wikipedia to add a targets home address?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
So I recently found out about the wikiscanner version 2.

Most of my work so far has been uncovering sockpuppets and dishonesty within the cabal, but I also spent a little while checking up on some other people.

The results of my research led me to one troublesome entry in particular:

en.wikipedia.org...(duo)&diff=prev&oldid=72501420

(ATS breaking the link as ever, try this one /cmhe95)

In that diff, it appears that the IP 70.89.119.209 added the home address of a racist girl group.

The IP is listed by whois as belonging to the ADL. That appears to be the only change to wikipedia from ADL. I also ran checks on other IPs in their block, but nothing more was found.

From the IP user page, you can run the whois yourself.

samspade.org...

en.wikipedia.org...:Contributions/70.89.119.209
(ATS Broken link as ever, try this one /ddk2n8)

CustName: Anti Defamation League
Address: 600 Stewart St
City: Seattle
StateProv: WA
PostalCode: 98101

There is only one issue with this data that stops me making an all out accusation against the ADL. The modification to wikipedia came on aug 28 2006. The whois lists the ADL as registering their block in 2007. However, this could be a renewal, and the topic they chose to edit makes it very suspicious. If anyone has access to older registration information to verify it was really the ADL, that would be great.

I do not support the racist girl band, but I believe strongly in freedom of speech, even when I hate the way these people use it. I also support the right of people to not be harassed in their own home. In general I would support the aims of the ADL, if only they didn't keep doing it wrong.

It looks like the ADL doesn't support this right themselves, they are happy to publish their enemies home address on the internet, I guess hoping someone will attack them, or at least send them some pizzas/taxis.

Pretty disgusting behaviour if you ask me, especially as the girls were only about 14 years old at the time, it's probably a crime.

I tried to get this information out through the alternative media, but none of them want to touch it. I can't say I blame them, it would seem a little rough to take the side of the racists in this matter, but the ADL doesn't get a free pass just because their enemies aren't very respectable.

[edit on 4/5/2009 by RubberBaron]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Wow...

For people always claiming to be holier than thou, that was pretty dirty!

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by RubberBaron

wow, i completely agree, everyone has the right to free speech ... even if you don't agree with it, it doesn't mean you have to breach the families right to privacy by listing their home address on wikipedia.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles
Wow...

For people always claiming to be holier than thou, that was pretty dirty!

Yeah, exactly, that's what annoys me about ADL. When I read their mission statements, all seems fine, but when I look at what they have actually done, it doesn't add up.

new topics

top topics

join