It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

great map showing % of federal ownership of land by states

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
i dont know if this has been here before or not, but its great so for anyone who missed it times past.

Really bewildereiing to see how the fed govt owns literally the vast majority of the western half of the country. God knows whats going on there.

www.strangecosmos.com...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Interesting.
It makes sense that the further West you go, the more of a grip they have on the states' land.
I also think it says something about how small a percentage of Texas is federally owned.. Kinda gives a little weight to the concept of Texan secession if things went that way, the feds wouldn't have much sway over the job market in Texas from the look of it..

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by nasdack24k

Yes Texas was also the first thing i noticed i was like wow texas really is independent.... Made me gain a lot more respect for them (even more than the high regards i had).

But wow cali and the other pacific states are pathetic, along with the other western half countries.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
EDIT: Yeah, I really was just reading this wrong. But, wow... Shows how screwed people are, when they become homeless. Like I have said before, the federal government hasn't really left us many places to farm food and be independant or whatever....

Am I just reading this wrong?

[edit on 4-5-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Just noticed Alaska.... which I thought was mostly wilderness....

The Federal Government should NOT own nature... in my opinion. THAT saddens and upsets me.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
God Nevada has it so bad. I feel sorry for my state. It certainly isn't a free state when you look at this map. Makes me wonder what kind of ignorant laws and precedences they can set under property rights laws.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Really bewildereiing to see how the fed govt owns literally the vast majority of the western half of the country. God knows whats going on there.

A huge chunk of federal land in western states is either BLM land or US Forest Service land, both of which are open to the public. There are people who legally live on these lands, with the stipulation that they move their camp something like a hundred yards once every two weeks or something like that. These lands are ideal for dropping off the grid if need be, since you're not tresspassing on anyone's property, and you're not likely to encounter anyone if you go to the right area.

new topics

top topics

join